What's new

Asus RT-AC68 offered 3.0.0.4.384_45708

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Current Version : 3.0.0.4.384_45708-g6c4a2e4 is breaking AIprotection for me entirely. Used a test virus site to confirm and blocking no longer works on this new firmware. I would hold off until they fix these issues. However, when AIprotection is off all is fine.

Current Version : 3.0.0.4.384_45708-g6c4a2e4 is breaking AIprotection for me entirely. Used a test virus site to confirm and blocking no longer works on this new firmware. I would hold off until they fix these issues. However, when AIprotection is off all is fine.

I’m considering going back to the previous build, although I’m not sure aiProtection was working completely with that build. I know it wasn’t logging two way IPS events in the last build, I wonder if it wasn’t working then. I thought I saw Merlin said it was a bug in ASUSWRT logging, so maybe it was working.

Last edited:
I'd hold off on this version ... Still having SquashFS issues and already did a factory reset after flashing, and tried resetting jffs
Originally I thought I got a bum update, and tried downloading the update directly after someone posted the actual file link which I didn't see when it was first offered via the GUI...

mine is AC68U, I had the same SQUASHFS error msg, I then disabled AiProtection, Traffic Analyser - Traffic History, so far system has been stable for the past 2 hours (I didn't enable QoS, Web history logging btw). Will keep monitoring. I'm going to keep this version 45708 as it addresses download master issue that I experienced with the past 2 versions (45149, 32799)

mine is AC68U, I had the same SQUASHFS error msg, I then disabled AiProtection, Traffic Analyser - Traffic History, so far system has been stable for the past 2 hours (I didn't enable QoS, Web history logging btw). Will keep monitoring. I'm going to keep this version 45708 as it addresses download master issue that I experienced with the past 2 versions (45149, 32799)

A little pain for a little gain, the reality of ASUS router firmware these days.

OE

I suppose they have changes the debug level for the System Log, now also this appears:
Code:
Apr  1 02:18:17 WATCHDOG: [FAUPGRADE][auto_firmware_check:(5834)]period_retry = 1
Apr  1 02:18:19 WATCHDOG: [FAUPGRADE][auto_firmware_check:(5860)]retrieve firmware information
Apr  1 02:18:19 WATCHDOG: [FAUPGRADE][auto_firmware_check:(5874)]no need to upgrade firmware
Apr  1 02:18:49 WATCHDOG: [FAUPGRADE][auto_firmware_check:(5834)]period_retry = 2
Apr  1 02:18:51 WATCHDOG: [FAUPGRADE][auto_firmware_check:(5860)]retrieve firmware information
Apr  1 02:18:51 WATCHDOG: [FAUPGRADE][auto_firmware_check:(5874)]no need to upgrade firmware
No harm, only filling up the log.

I suppose they have changes the debug level for the System Log, now also this appears:
Code:
Apr  1 02:18:17 WATCHDOG: [FAUPGRADE][auto_firmware_check:(5834)]period_retry = 1
Apr  1 02:18:19 WATCHDOG: [FAUPGRADE][auto_firmware_check:(5860)]retrieve firmware information
Apr  1 02:18:19 WATCHDOG: [FAUPGRADE][auto_firmware_check:(5874)]no need to upgrade firmware
Apr  1 02:18:49 WATCHDOG: [FAUPGRADE][auto_firmware_check:(5834)]period_retry = 2
Apr  1 02:18:51 WATCHDOG: [FAUPGRADE][auto_firmware_check:(5860)]retrieve firmware information
Apr  1 02:18:51 WATCHDOG: [FAUPGRADE][auto_firmware_check:(5874)]no need to upgrade firmware
No harm, only filling up the log.
From your log fragment, it is checking about every 30 seconds. Is that the pattern? Or does the interval get longer after many retries? Regardless, seems excessive.

Tested for 3 days, aimesh disconnection issue seems fixed, but SQUASHFS is really annoying.

From your log fragment, it is checking about every 30 seconds. Is that the pattern? Or does the interval get longer after many retries? Regardless, seems excessive.
Not excessive 9 messages in log every 24 hours for me unless OP is getting different results

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Is seems once a day, April 2 again around 02:18 the series of firmware check messages (what seems two subsequent checks every day).

Tested for 3 days, aimesh disconnection issue seems fixed, but SQUASHFS is really annoying.

Can you elaborate on your AiMesh disconnection issue to better our understanding of it?

OE

Can you elaborate on your AiMesh disconnection issue to better our understanding of it?

OE

My setup is using AC68U C1 as the Wan router, connecting to another AC68U A1/B1, which is configured as a aimesh node, through cat5e cable (detects 1GB connection) with roaming assistant disabled.

My mobile users usually connect to the node daily but got disconnected & re-associated several times a day.

Now I see no more disconnection on this firmware version.

It looks like ASUS pulled the firmware. While it's still on the website, it's not available in the app or the web UI.

Stay away from this build from now. Asus has a new build coming soon, which also includes a VLAN fix.

Stay away from this build from now. Asus has a new build coming soon, which also includes a VLAN fix.

I applied it on my Blue Cave as it showed up when I checked for new f/w last night after 9:30 pm,
and it's working good so far - mind you my router is in access point mode only ...

I applied it on my Blue Cave as it showed up when I checked for new f/w last night after 9:30 pm,
and it's working good so far - mind you my router is in access point mode only ...

Different router. The issue is specific to the RT-AC68U.

What's wrong with this firmware? I hate this firmware. I'm gonna wait for the next firmware.
I think this one has AiMesh issue. Some devices couldn't find and connect the nodes before I rebooted the nodes a couple of times. I'll keep using this firmware until the new firmware comes out. It annoys me to update it again and again...

Last edited: