What's new

ASUS RT-AC86U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384_81369

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

organshifter

Regular Contributor
Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384_81369

- Release Note -

1. Update Adaptive QoS categories: Help you to prioritize the mission-critical applications
Those people who work-from-home & learn-from-home will greatly benefit from this new feature with optimized streaming experiences.

New Supported Categories & Apps:

- Video conferencing, including Microsoft Teams®, ZOOM®, Skype®, Google Hangouts®, BlueJeans®
- Online learning, including Khan academy®, Udemy®, Coursera®, TED®, VIPKiD®, 51Talk®, XDF®, Xueersi®
- Streaming, including YouTube®, Netflix®, HBO NOW®, Amazon Prime Video®, Disney+®, ESPN®, MLB.com®, iQIY®
- Indoor training, including Zwift®, Peloton®, Onelap®
Stay tuned and more apps are coming to the list soon!

2. Support Mobile Game Mode

- One-click prioritizing your mobile device to the highest and ensure you the best mobile gaming experiences.
- Install/Update ASUS Router App (Android supports later than 1.0.0.5.44; iOS supports later than 1.0.0.5.41)

Download

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AC86U/FW_RT_AC86U_300438481369.zip

YQ6S8Uc.png

Last edited:
Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384_81369

- Release Note -

1. Update Adaptive QoS categories: Help you to prioritize the mission-critical applications
Those people who work-from-home & learn-from-home will greatly benefit from this new feature with optimized streaming experiences.

New Supported Categories & Apps:

- Video conferencing, including Microsoft Teams®, ZOOM®, Skype®, Google Hangouts®, BlueJeans®
- Online learning, including Khan academy®, Udemy®, Coursera®, TED®, VIPKiD®, 51Talk®, XDF®, Xueersi®
- Streaming, including YouTube®, Netflix®, HBO NOW®, Amazon Prime Video®, Disney+®, ESPN®, MLB.com®, iQIY®
- Indoor training, including Zwift®, Peloton®, Onelap®
Stay tuned and more apps are coming to the list soon!

2. Support Mobile Game Mode

- One-click prioritizing your mobile device to the highest and ensure you the best mobile gaming experiences.
- Install/Update ASUS Router App (Android supports later than 1.0.0.5.44; iOS supports later than 1.0.0.5.41)

Download

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AC86U/FW_RT_AC86U_300438481369.zip

YQ6S8Uc.png

The picture is a different model, but OP's nodes are the ac86u and he's showing there is a firmware update available for that model.

FYI, this 86U firmware does introduce a Game section and an Open NAT section with the red theme.

OE

FYI, this 86U firmware does introduce a Game section and an Open NAT section with the red theme.

OE
Game Section; It's right there in the release notes post #1. Open NAT; sure hope there aren't any issues that pop up with that.

Why the picture of a different model?
Or why the text of a different model?
Being that my RT-AC86U's are AiMesh nodes, I cannot access their configuration pages directly. Logging into my AX11000 is the only way to know/show that an update is available for them. The attached image outlines this.

All text/links are in regards to the RT-AC86U model. Nothing written would suggest otherwise.

Everything is in order here.

Game Section; It's right there in the release notes post #1. Open NAT; sure hope there aren't any issues that pop up with that.

My point was the red theme, not repeating what was already posted. The red theme has been reserved for those who overpay for a "gaming" router.

OE

How's the wifi peformance for 2.4 and 5ghz on this newer stock firmware? My AC86U already has the gaming section. How does it look with this firmware update?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 405
How's the wifi peformance for 2.4 and 5ghz on this newer stock firmware? My AC86U already has the gaming section. How does it look with this firmware update?

WiFi seems ok, so far... 1 hour in.

It does not look like your image... except it is red. Sorry, my screen res is not small enough... or is that large enough?... to capture a full image.

OE

Being that my RT-AC86U's are AiMesh nodes, I cannot access their configuration pages directly. Logging into my AX11000 is the only way to know/show that an update is available for them.

Could have just posted a partial image that just shows the 86u like the one in this post.

BTW- your blurred out MACS are still completely readable.

Feel free to replace your image with this one if you so desire.

Annotation 2020-03-31 143921.jpg

Here are the 86U 81369 new Game and Open NAT sections:
RT-AC86U 81369 Game.png

RT-AC86U 81369 Open NAT.png

There are actually more games listed than are shown here.

OE

Could have just posted a partial image that just shows the 86u like the one in this post.

BTW- your blurred out MACS are still completely readable.

Feel free to replace your image with this one if you so desire.

View attachment 22295
Although I have already addressed it, I find it hard to believe that you are harassing me about this. Are you an Admin or Moderator? If not, please refrain from micromanaging as it is making the atmosphere uncomfortable for me.

The picture is not a big deal at all, and clearly focuses on the update at hand. I'm happy with the post the way it is. Thanks anyway. Actually, it's no different than this post where, after 20,000 views and 152 comments, no one cared about the image nor were argumentative about it. There were some really informative conversations which took place, unlike what's happening now.

As far as my MAC addresses being completely readable, I highly doubt it. I'm confident enough in the pixelation that I'd pay $20 through Cash App or PayPal to the first person who can inbox me EXACTLY what they are. I've thrown down the gauntlet. ;)

Just noticed this... I was actually hoping for fixes to their 2.4GHz wireless which I believe is the cause of my past AiMesh node failures.

Rant:
It's great that there's a new feature to prioritize traffic for mission-critical applications due to the current environment.
But without fixing the 2.4GHz wireless, my AiMesh node will fail eventually rendering the new feature unusable.

Just noticed this... I was actually hoping for fixes to their 2.4GHz wireless which I believe is the cause of my past AiMesh node failures.

Perhaps more likely an 86U 2.4 GHz hardware issue.

OE

Any update on the wireless stability of this release from those that have already installed?

You can judge from the absence of alarming posts by those who have updated and are not alarmed.

I've updated. I'm not alarmed. My System Log is quiet. I tried identical SSIDs but quickly returned to separate SSIDs... I just don't like the auto WiFi bits... too many unknowns to know what's happening when things might happen. I did reset before configuration.

I did try something new for me... I cycled through the WiFi channels and watched the quality of my AiMesh node backhauls in the Wireless Log. This caused me to settle on 5.0 153 for its slightly better values for RSSI and Tx/Rx.

OE

Last edited:
Just the one issue this end. Turned the game device prioritizing on, added my device, clicked the little plus icon next to it, but everytime I change menus, the setting is lost. Tried changing menus, and clicking the little x on the top right hand corner of the same screen but it keeps losing my added device.