What's new

ASUS RT-AC86U - NEW - Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384_81792 (14.04.2020)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Anyone still running this version? I'm on 384.12 with aiprotect on amd for the 1st time ever my 5ghz radio turned off. I had to reboot router and turn off aiprotection as I think it was causing some strange issues this is on a newly received 2019 router.
You'd have better luck asking your 384.12 question in the Merlin section, not in a thread about
3.0.0.4.384_81792

No...I meant who's still using asus 81792 which was pulled?
Am using 384_81792. Had been using Merlin 384.16. You can see my prior post for the reason. Have had no issues. Using SmartConnect with fixed channels, AiProtect and my version of DoT. Have seen one report that manual IP assignment is limited to 30 devices.

Maybe it was pulled for AC86U as well because of the below ?

Do not use this version of the firmware. It will lock you out of your router if you have it set for secure https access to the login page, and there is no way to downgrade the firmware without first resetting the router to factory defaults.
I filed a case with them, and today Asus has removed firmware version 3.0.0.4.385.20457 from their download support site for the RT-AC3100 / RT-AC88U.

I just upgraded from merlin 384.12, so well see how it goes after factory reset...not using https so I'm good...lol

Last edited:
79% with AiP and 1 TB HDD, SAMBA only.

OE

Great...I plan on turning back on after my net settles for a couple of days...
Why wait? Turn it on! If you want to play it safe add a swap file to a thumb drive.

COVID isolation, extra time, testing things to keep myself busy. :)

I don't know why this firmware was removed. It was working fine for few days. Noticed a bug in WebUI in QoS section. QoS can't be disabled. Had to disable it from the Games section as a workaround. Back to Merlin now.

COVID isolation, extra time, testing things to keep myself busy. :)

I don't know why this firmware was removed. It was working fine for few days. Noticed a bug in WebUI in QoS section. QoS can't be disabled. Had to disable it from the Games section as a workaround. Back to Merlin now.

Yep I found the same thing but I'm keeping qos on to test...no biggie...the only other gui bug is upload download meter is missing the numbers...other than that wifi is rock solid with aip turned on.

IT seems we are willing beta-testers :)
I'd assume if safety critical Asus may/could have posted something?

All users of this model are beta testers. As someone mentioned above there is no single bug-free firmware release. Bugs are carried over to Merlin as well. He can't fix closed source components. The hardware is flaky as well. I had to exchange mine once already.