What's new

Asus RT-AC86U & Virgin Media Super Hub 3

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Chrisgtl

Regular Contributor
Hi all,

Finally my Sky contract is up so Monday brings a fresh Virgin Media install. I've opted for the M350 broadband package which will hopefully be a nice upgrade from my Sky VDSL which is on an impacted line.

I've done my reading and understand I need to put the Super Hub 3 into Modem mode which seems nice and easy. Anyone else with this setup can you tell me what I need to change on the AC86U to get everything working nicely?

I am guessing the AC86U settings should be;

WAN > Internet Connection > Automatic IP?
Special Requirement from ISP > ??????

Cheers,
Chris

I have the same VM package and "hub". As you say, putting it in modem-only mode is straight forward. Likewise, the WAN connection type is Automatic IP. That's it - nothing else.

I have the same VM package and "hub". As you say, putting it in modem-only mode is straight forward. Likewise, the WAN connection type is Automatic IP. That's it - nothing else.

Thanks for this. Looking forward to my new speeds. What speeds are you getting on the M350 package?

I'm getting about 380Mbps down and 37Mbps up. Uploads used to be 20Mbps but they recently upgraded it.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!