What's new

ASUS RT-AC87U 3.0.0.4_378_7449 Unofficial Beta Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

If you have any connections with Asus, please tell them to fix the battery drain issue with Android devices. Than you.
I'll test it (and please do it you also) and if it's still there I'll put it on the findings

Replied through Tapatalk

Recent firmware RAM occupied by many, and it is Merlin uses the same cache it?

What is this battery draining issue? How does a router drain the battery on your phone?

Good question. Never had any battery drain on my phone related to router. If the phone is pushing emails, and always on (screen) , yes there is a drain. But wifi, sitting with screen off, never notice anything out of the blue with the battery

I think this drain can be explained by the frequency of the requirements from the router side for IP renewal, MAC address or even power saving implementation etc, ... just my oppinion...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

What is this battery draining issue? How does a router drain the battery on your phone?
I have no clue, but I know that is the reason for the battery drain. When I switch to the Asus betas my battery starts to drain rapidly when its in sleep mode. When I switch back to Merlins firmware everything is back to normal.

Devices:
Nexus 6 running 5.1.1
Nexus 5 running 5.1.1

I have no clue, but I know that is the reason for the battery drain. When I switch to the Asus betas my battery starts to drain rapidly when its in sleep mode. When I switch back to Merlins firmware everything is back to normal.

Devices:
Nexus 6 running 5.1.1
Nexus 5 running 5.1.1

This must be just you then. My Nexus 6 and 9, and wife's GPE HTC 1 (all updated), don't have any issue. There's no logical reason I can think of that a wifi router would cause a battery drain on a phone.

Last edited:
This must be just you then. My Nexus 6 and 9 and wife GPE HTC 1 (all updated) don't have any issue. There's no logical reason I can think of that a wife router would cause a battery drain on a phone.

Depends on the wife. :)

This must be just you then. My Nexus 6 and 9 and wife GPE HTC 1 (all updated) don't have any issue. There's no logical reason I can think of that a wife router would cause a battery drain on a phone.
Its just not me, other users on the forum have complained about the issue as well.

It does believe me..........

CC

Nice improvement over 3.0.0.4.378_7369
- Changed settings on 5Ghz band doesn´t result in restart of 2.4 Ghz band too
- 5 Ghz band restarts much more faster when settings are changed

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!