What's new

Asus RT AC87U Bandwidth Monitor

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Chrismallia

Occasional Visitor
Hi I have RT AC87U and its flashed with merlin firmware but it also had this problem I am about to mention before flashing with merlin. The Bandwidth Monitor/apps analysis works fine but sometimes the gauges stuck will not show anymore what bandwidth devices are using and gauge freezes on same number, I will have to restart router for it to start working again. Does anyone have the same or know of any fix? regards Chris thanks for your help

If you do a search of these forums you will find that the bandwidth monitor is not that reliable. I have had it report negative bandwidth in the download gauge a few times. Also the device usage page is more accurate that the total bandwidth by interface page.

Thank you I bought this router for a very high price but I am sorry to say it let me down, this was my first Asus router and my last, and I have more bugs that merlin firmware fixed when I restart from gui the wifi never comes back I would have to hard reboot the router. I should have stUck to TPLINK.

Also ensure you have AiProtection enabled. Because the bandwith monitor as well as the smart QoS uses Trend Micro's DPI Engine

Replied through Tapatalk

Yes it is enabled but same problem keeps happening

Check the latest releases 4608 is working really good and it had a good acceptance from the community. Also there're 2 beta's running that can help.

Also in order to avoid carrying issues from previous versions, once you upgrade the firmware, do a hard reset and configure it manually (don't use a previously saved config. file)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!