What's new

ASUS RT-AC88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.81790 2020/03/30

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Squall Leonhart

Regular Contributor
1. Update Adaptive QoS categories: Help you to prioritize the mission-critical applications
Those people who work-from-home & learn-from-home will greatly benefit from this new feature with optimized streaming experiences.
New Supported Categories & Apps:
- Video conferencing, including Microsoft Teams®, ZOOM®, Skype®, Google Hangouts®, BlueJeans®
- Online learning, including Khan academy®, Udemy®, Coursera®, TED®, VIPKiD®, 51Talk®, XDF®, Xueersi®
- Streaming, including YouTube®, Netflix®, HBO NOW®, Amazon Prime Video®, Disney+®, ESPN®, MLB.com®, iQIY®
- Indoor training, including Zwift®, Peloton®, Onelap®
Stay tuned and more apps are coming to the list soon!

2. Support Mobile Game Mode
- One-click prioritizing your mobile device to the highest and ensure you the best mobile gaming experiences.
- Install/Update ASUS Router App (Android supports later than 1.0.0.5.44; iOS supports later than 1.0.0.5.41)

3. Bug fixs
- Fixed CVE-2019-15126 (Kr00k) vulnerability.
- Fixed a DDoS vulnerability.
- Fixed Let's Encrypt related bugs.
- Fixed folder creating bugs in Samba.

Please unzip the firmware file first and then check the MD5 code.
MD5: 45eaa9318b846141c4d91a3acb481ff2

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AC88U/FW_RT_AC88U_300438481790.zip 38.13 MBytes

You all read only half!
Once again, that I sold all of them doesnt mean that some friends I support still use them.
Really want to have your worries.

PS: Is there a hidden prerequisite to write here which I did miss?
And please tell Harry he mustn't talk about royals anymore ...

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!