What's new

Release Asus RT- AX58U Firmware 386.49674 (7-21-2022)

• Thread starter Deleted member 22229
  • Start date
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

D

Deleted member 22229

Version 3.0.0.4.386.49674
2022/07/21 107.1 MBytes
ASUS RT-AX58U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.49674
1.Fixed CVE-2022-23970, CVE-2022-23971, CVE-2022-23972, CVE-2022-23973, CVE-2022-25595, CVE-2022-25596, CVE-2022-25597, CVE-2022-26376,CVE-2021-34174,CVE-2018-1160, CVE-2022-26376,CVE-2022-0778
2.Fixed Stored XSS vulnerability. Thanks to Milan Kyselica of IstroSec.
3.Fixed anomalous 802.11 frame issues.
Thanks to Kari Hulkko and Tuomo Untinen from The Synopsys Cybersecurity Research Center (CyRC). Issue was found by using Defensics Fuzz Testing Tool.
4. Fixed v6plus issues.
5.Added 3rd party DNS server list in WAN --> DNS to help users enhance the connection security.
6.Supported Safe Browsing in the router app to filter explicit content from search results. You can set it in the router app --> Devices or Family.
7.Improved system stability.

And the download link? :eek:

Upgraded my RT-AX58U an hour ago, went from merlin 386.7 + flexcos so i had to install 45898 before installing 49674.

Dirty upgrade merlin 386.7 -> Asuswrt 386.45898 -> Asuswrt 386.49674 went well but i still did a factory reset (i am on vacation so i got the time :D ). One hour in, the only thing i noticed is the 49674 gui feels very very snappy, could be the factory reset though.

I use:

AiProtection
Adaptive QoS
DDNS
OpenVPN

Also activated all mu-mimo (ac+ax mu mimo) and ax features (dl/ul ofdma +mu-mino + wpa2/wpa3 authentication) despite having only ac clients. I also use fixed wifi channels, 11 on 2.4G (i got 15-20 2.4G wifis around me) and 36 on 5G (living 9 km from the airport).

Last edited:
Just got home from work and installed this latest build. So far working very well my Roku boxes for the first time ever are showing over 100mbps for there speed. Not sure if it's the firmware or just an anomaly. Pc's and phones working good.

Upgraded to it a couple of days ago...RT-AX3000 is running well in "media bridge" mode. This router has continued to be just about perfect operationally.

Upgraded yesterday. After running for about 14 hours, restarted. Prior to that had Merlin 386.5_2 running non-stop for 9 months. Will monitor.

The download link is on the official Asus web site. I think you can find the code. Am i wrong to assume most people on these forums knows were to download software they need.:oops:
Sure but when you anonce release why not in same time post a link? It's little of laziness. :eek:

I upgraded and now windows tells me I have no Internet access. It was fine before. I do have Internet access.
Apparently Microsoft pings itself and that isn't working. I can't ping Microsoft.com or the IP address for it. I did a traceroute and it gets into the MSN network, but never gets back. I've tried turning off ai protect. and windows firewall and switching my dns server. Everything seems to be working fine except Microsoft can no longer ping itself to determine I have Internet access. Both wifi and ethernet fine. rebooting router did nothing. Any ideas?

Have you tried rebooting your router and your client devices?

Oh yes. Both. Also tried a registry hack I found online. No use. Reset the changes. The only peculiar thing besides this, is that after a firmware upgrade last year, Asus claimed I was disconnected from the Internet, but I wasn't. I did the next upgrade and that didn't change anything, so I had to reset the router completely, then set it up all over again as I change a number of default settings. Now it has me connected, but Window is confused. All other devices seem fine.

More information: I knew wifi worked fine, but checked a tech computer just now, the is connected via ethernet and has the same version of windows 10 (21H2). It does not have the problem. It shows network connection. So it is something about my computer and the Asus router.

I the only thing I use that is a bit odd, is Next DNS for filtering. I don't use it at the router level because my streaming service requires an advertisement. I turned it off on my computer. But the issue appeared immediately after the firmware update.

Does anyone have a guesstimate on when the AX-58u will get the Wireguard Client feature, now AX-86U and AX-88U and others have already gotten it from Asus in productioon f/w ?

I presume RMerlin will release it based on that new codebase ?

Soon.

RMerlin need to get the raw GPL, not just the firmware.

Best case, end of year. More likely early next year.

Assuming that the RT-AX58U will get it in the first place.

Thanks. Hm, given AX-58u is a 1.5 GHz tricore processor, and Wireguard is multithreaded - it would be quite a shame if it doesn't get Wireguard client...

For today's networks, that 1.5GHz tri-core processor is kind of weak.

For today's networks, that 1.5GHz tri-core processor is kind of weak.

Not really. You seem to think anything under 300.00 bucks is junk. News flash for you 90% of people will never spend that for a router it's simply not necessary. Another news flash 90% of Asus router owners never heard of RMerlin. Just stop being negative about lower priced routers there is nothing wrong with them they get the job done period. I seem to remember Tim Higgens warning you about your attitude on these forums it's getting old.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!