What's new

ASUS RT-AX82U Slow speeds - Upgraded to a Gig internet and its only reading 150-200 Mbps Up/Down

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Doubletaker

New Around Here
I've had my RT-AX82U for a while now and I've noticed when I had my 300 Mbps plan from my ISP speeds were never always near the 300 mark but I never thought anything of it, because it roughly ran 100-150 on good days, but now that I have upgrade my plan with my ISP to a Gigabyte plan, I get a little bit more speed than before which is now 150-200 also on good days, and I'm wondering if there is something wrong with my router or if I have set it up wrong, I have reset the entire router twice now to fix it and it still is in the low ranges, even when I'm realistically expecting 750-800 speeds it just isnt doing it, But I did a Speedtest on my actual Router Webpage with the admin login, and on the router it says the speeds are 750-800 sometimes even 900 but then I use multiple websites for speed tests and they all are very low 100's to 150's I've always used speedtest.net as a reliable source but no luck. Please help! (Maybe it could be the box outside my house the the fiber internet runs into that is limiting it, but that wouldn't make sense if the router is running 750-900 on the Asus router page).

Ill show speedtests for The router and for Speedtest.net when I get home, I have a feeling its just a problem with the router not outputting enough.

I've had my RT-AX82U for a while now and I've noticed when I had my 300 Mbps plan from my ISP speeds were never always near the 300 mark but I never thought anything of it, because it roughly ran 100-150 on good days, but now that I have upgrade my plan with my ISP to a Gigabyte plan, I get a little bit more speed than before which is now 150-200 also on good days, and I'm wondering if there is something wrong with my router or if I have set it up wrong, I have reset the entire router twice now to fix it and it still is in the low ranges, even when I'm realistically expecting 750-800 speeds it just isnt doing it, But I did a Speedtest on my actual Router Webpage with the admin login, and on the router it says the speeds are 750-800 sometimes even 900 but then I use multiple websites for speed tests and they all are very low 100's to 150's I've always used speedtest.net as a reliable source but no luck. Please help! (Maybe it could be the box outside my house the the fiber internet runs into that is limiting it, but that wouldn't make sense if the router is running 750-900 on the Asus router page).

Run speedtest.net on a fast PC wired (Gigabit Ethernet) to the router LAN and then wired directly to the fiber ISP ONT.

OE

Last edited:
I have the Ax88u and I’ve been struggling with similar issues, today I changed from using adaptive qos to traditional qos and my lower bandwidth issues seemed to clear up and after massaging the max bandwidth settings down from 100% to 85%, my bufferbloat issues were solved too. (Went from +20-30ms under “Full load” that was actually half my rated bandwidth speed to +4-6ms with 85% of my actual bandwidth.).

I just thinking adaptive qos is wonky for some people so if that’s enabled consider switching to traditional qos or switching it off for testing to see if that’s the issue.