What's new

Release ASUS RT-AX86 Series(RT-AX86U/RT-AX86S) Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.22068

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

My AX86U has been on the shelf since I got it. Closet shelf as that is where I have my office in an unused bedroom.

4 days 6 hours uptime since the last reset. WIFI working great! Yes, It still switches up to 160 MHz as needed. WIFI channels have changed a couple of times but seems to have settled on 3 and 48. Adaptive QOS working. DNSSEC/DoT working. Did a lot of transfers yesterday backing up my NAS in prep for larger hard drives arriving tomorrow.

Other than that just getting over COVID for the second Christmas season in a row...

Assuming you have ISP speeds of 300 or less, or haven't looked at your max speeds, after enabling Adaptive QoS (or disabled fc)? It, most certainly, is not "working" as intended.

Not sure whether to stick or twist - Currently using 3.0.0.4.388.21709.

Seems like most of the issues on here are with the Mesh aspect. Something I don't use.

I reverted to 21709 because the GUI in 22068 was unresponsive. I use the router in AP mode, and there's no Mesh here.

I don't think I've seen a 22068 GUI solution here. I did not go as far as resetting the router, so I can't speak to whether that would've solved the problem or not. Reverting to 21709 did solve it.

This firmware is just another proof of non-existing QC. No one run this firmware for >1h to see what's happening? No one tested core features?

From what I've gathered, the slow GUI issues are related to HTTPS. Might be due to the hostname change, try regenerating the SSL certificate to update it to the new default hostname.

From what I've gathered, the slow GUI issues are related to HTTPS. Might be due to the hostname change, try regenerating the SSL certificate to update it to the new default hostname.
Tried both. Did not matter. It is a javascript issue.

I never used HTTPS access to GUI. It started well after FW reset and then the lag creeps in when opening different GUI pages including Client List.

I should've mentioned above, I'm connecting to the router from my Desktop via HTTP.

I should've mentioned above, I'm connecting to the router from my Desktop via HTTP.
Then it's a different issue. There was one Twitter user who said the issue went away after he switched to http.

Tried both. Did not matter. It is a javascript issue.
Have you checked with the browser profiler to determine that it was a Javascript issue?

I wonder what browser each forum member is using. I’ve had no slow GUI using Edge. I may try Firefox in the morning.

Have you checked with the browser profiler to determine that it was a Javascript issue?
After installing 388.22068 again, it works this time. WTH. I only use Firefox and HTTPS is enabled.
I surmised it was a javascript problem due to errors in the browser console and the fact that ALL active content was broken. Even the menu buttons behaved strangely, not working/responding to mouse over events, and then after some amount of time would work again and then stop working.... The Network Map, Status tab did not work at all.

Yes, Edge is my favorite browser. It just works.

I'll look at giving it a go. Tbf, the only time I'm using the GUI is to update the router!

Edit: Updated. Had a flick through some of the setting sections and there's no issues with lag. Will look again in a few days.

Last edited:
I have the same issue with 3.0.0.4.388_22068-gf3adbcd
Also, enabling wireguard bricks the router to the extent where you have to factory reset! One of the changelog for this firmware was "improved wireguard stability" LOL

Reverted to 3.0.0.4.388_21709-g74151b7 and Wireguard connection becomes unusable under high bandwidth load, it completely drops the connection and router UI becomes unresponsive.

I give up waiting for Asus to get the Wireguard working. I flashed to Asus-Merlin firmware and I am gonna get a Gl.inet router to do the Wireguard portion, leaving Asus to do nothing but routing, AP and Samba shares.

Last edited:
Here with my RT-AX86U upgraded to the new version 3.0.0.4.388_22068-gf3adbcd the integration between WoL(wake on lan) Alexa Skill to turn on my pc/laptops from echo devices has stopped working :(

I have the same issue with 3.0.0.4.388_22068-gf3adbcd
Also, enabling wireguard bricks the router to the extent where you have to factory reset! One of the changelog for this firmware was "improved wireguard stability" LOL

Reverted to 3.0.0.4.388_21709-g74151b7 and Wireguard connection becomes unusable under high bandwidth load, it completely drops the connection and router UI becomes unresponsive.

I give up waiting for Asus to get the Wireguard working. I flashed to Asus-Merlin firmware and I am gonna get a Gl.inet router to do the Wireguard portion, leaving Asus to do nothing but routing, AP and Samba shares.
Same thing happens to me but I downgrade to 388.20566 as 21709’s wireguard is pretty unable for me. The router will hang and needs a reboot when I am downloading stuff with wireguard on.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!