What's new

Release ASUS RT-AX86U 3.0.0.4.386.41535 30/12/2020

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have enough coverage right now on its own, expecting to move to a bigger house at some point this year, so I played around meshing my AC86U to my AX86U. I particularly wanted to look at AiMesh 2.0's new AP binding. It seems because I MAC filter around 50 clients, it's too many rules and I can't bind any devices unless I start deleting rules in the MAC list (which I'm fine doing as I have some devices filtered on both 2.4 and 5, and it only needs to be on one of them). I didn't know that limitation existed.

I guess later if it's more important to bind a large number of stationary clients to AP's, I won't MAC filter at all? (just use strong WiFi password, which I'm already doing)

Has anyone tried binding, does it consistently work?

tTOS66tl.jpg

I ask because I had previously tested meshing the routers and stationary clients would sometimes randomly pick up and stick to weaker nodes, even drop off and they weren't smart enough to re-connect (Kasa smart switch), I had to reset them at the switch. As I said, using the AX86U alone, nothing is disconnecting good dBm so it's fine right now in our current home. When we search for our next property, I am definitely looking for wired backhaul which I don't have now.

I have an AX86 and was reading the AX92 41535 thread and saw all the problems that firmware caused for them. Is the 41535 update totally safe for the AX86? No problems reported?

Bump... just wondering if 3.0.0.4.386_41535-g1caa24a is safe for the AX86U.

Thanks

Or should I grab that beta that came out a few days ago?

Thanks

Just grab beta for fix DNSmasq vulnerabilities or Merlin Firmware 386.1_0

Factory reset after load new firmware is better too

Thanks

The 41535 has various issues on multiple router models, so it's probably best to avoid that release series.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!