What's new

ASUS RT-AX88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

clvk07

Would be worth to upgrade to this router from an AC88U? (in terms of performance, speed, and coverage)

I assumed it will be supported by merlin because the broadcom chip? :)

This actually looks very good. Back to 8 LAN ports, although I prefer the vertical nature of the 86U and having the USB 3.0 in the back instead of the front, which this looks like it will have. Wonder how expensive this is going to be.

looks like it has a quad core cpu guess it would be worth while

Ahhh k I read some where it was quad, open to being wrong

I was just about to upgrade to the RT-AC86U should i just hold out for the RT-AX88U (AX6000)

why did they skip ad in between

i know its very limited featured wireless but giga wifi is capable of good wireless trasnfer if two client holds that tech

I think that is not mature enough technology and a new standard with better range and faster speeds will super seed it shortly.

Also it takes ages for the market to adopt new wifi standards, so unless a whole bunch of devices have support for it then no.

Then there is the issue of range with is the biggest issue.

Ahh dang, there is like a few more units to choose from that have been announced.
Now I'm absolutely confused as to which will the best one for my own needs Lool.

Ahh dang, there is like a few more units to choose from that have been announced.
Now I'm absolutely confused as to which will the best one for my own needs Lool.
The best one is the one you need NOW and can buy NOW - wait for something that might come and be better (or not) is the the WORST solution! :rolleyes:

The best one is the one you need NOW and can buy NOW - wait for something that might come and be better (or not) is the the WORST solution! :rolleyes:
Problem here in Australia is availability of units and the fact that all routers had a major price hike a bit back and is hasn't come down.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!