What's new

Asus RT-AX88u with Merlin Firmware 388.2_2 issue in accessing web GUI

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mdabanador

New Around Here
Asus RT-AX88u with Merlin Firmware 388.2_2 issue in accessing web GUI log in after restart can use several hrs and same problem not accessible.
After restarting, I can only access the login in the web GUI of the router, then after several hours not accessible or reachable from the browser.
ANy similar experience please share solution/
Appreciate.

Welcome to the forums @mdabanador.

After flashing to RMerlin firmware, was a full reset to factory defaults performed? Did you import a previously saved backup config file?

What device are you using to access the router? Have you tried a different browser or used InPrivate and/or incognito mode?

Welcome to the forums @mdabanador.

After flashing to RMerlin firmware, was a full reset to factory defaults performed? Did you import a previously saved backup config file?

What device are you using to access the router? Have you tried a different browser or used InPrivate and/or incognito mode?
Hello, After I flashed into Merlin, I forgot to reset it to factory default. It performed well for two years until the last firmware update was installed. It was set up as a community internet router where several, around 40 to 50 clients, regularly connected. Something like an issue in obtaining IP addresses from the new client happens. And after the router restarts, it fixed everything, and a few days after obtaining the IP address, the client reported that another restart was needed. While the issue of accessing web GUI log-in happens much worse, it takes only around 5hrs or sometimes 12 hrs to enable log-in after not accessible and to access another restart of the router needed.
Currently, I'm outside my home country, planning once back to do a factory reset while I want to preserve all IP from reserve DHCP used 192.168.50.1 default from Asus, planning to back up all settings and restore after the factory reset. is it the best option for less work or I need to scratch from scratch? I'm thinking of restoring might bugs also restore hehe :)
usually, I use google chrome, and I recent tried the brave browser still have the same issue non-accessible GUI login.

Any best approach whos has a similar experience to solve the issue. Kindly advise. appreciate/

Did you read the link at all?

Asus RT-AX88u with Merlin Firmware 388.2_2 issue in accessing web GUI log in after restart can use several hrs and same problem not accessible.
After restarting, I can only access the login in the web GUI of the router, then after several hours not accessible or reachable from the browser.
ANy similar experience please share solution/
Appreciate.
Someone else today posted a similar issue about web GUI loading issue(s) with the Rt-AX88U in another subforum. May or may not be relevant to your issue(s).

Someone else today posted a similar issue about web GUI loading issue(s) with the Rt-AX88U in another subforum. May or may not be relevant to your issue(s).
thanks for sharing info. once i back to my home country i will do factory reset or might before i do hoping for some patch update release with fix.

I want to give my update here, update the factory reset of my ASUS RT-AX88U. Everything works to normal after several days of observation and using the router.
I haven't done any restoration of the backup config. I'll start settings my router from scratch again.

Remarks:
It might be ideal or recommend settings from using Merlin Firmware to do a factory reset after the initial loading of Merlin from stock or OEM built-in from Asus.
These are the steps I skip during my migration or changing stock firmware into Merlin after two years of observing the issues, such as web GUI not accessible after sometimes of restart, as well as DHCP stocks or not properly refreshing its IP client address for re-use.

I hope this post can help another member who's having a similar experience as posted.
Good Luck.

So this was I found on mine., more than once.

And I’m only guessing

Memory was full
DHCP server stopped
Logg showed leases where not getting renewed, so 150 devices are constant asking.
Gui looked unresponsive, but I waited and waited… finally popped up.
Restarted dhcp server only…

Fixed. Gui was responsive again.

Now I’ve upgraded to 388.4b2, never had this issue again.

yes looks merlin firmware for this model so buggy, usual experience the obtaining IP address issue or DHCP server refresh looks buggy.