What's new

Beta Asus RT-AX89X_9.0.0.4_388_31185 Beta

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dear customer,

Added 2.5Gbps support on 10G SFP+ port. It's experimental due to I don't have 2.5Gbps SFP module.”
I have a Windows 11 PC with an Intel I226-V NIC that is 2.5G and I loaded your experimental firmware and bought an ipolex 1.25/2.5/5/10G SFP+ RJ45 Copper Transceiver, 10GBase-T RJ-45 SFP+ Module, put it in my RT-AX89X set the port to 2.5G and it works perfectly and is lightning fast.

Nice!! Looks like Qualcomm has doubled down on this router in terms of drivers and other Masalas required to cook up a decent firmware. Kudos to Asus for updating this old router.

I hope Qualcomm gives 2.5G SFP port capabilities to all routers having 10G SFP ports like TP-Links. I thought it was dumb to not support 2.5G speeds on SFP port as most of the GPON SFP sticks are 2.5G only.

Nice!! Looks like Qualcomm has doubled down on this router in terms of drivers and other Masalas required to cook up a decent firmware. Kudos to Asus for updating this old router.

I hope Qualcomm gives 2.5G SFP port capabilities to all routers having 10G SFP ports like TP-Links. I thought it was dumb to not support 2.5G speeds on SFP port as most of the GPON SFP sticks are 2.5G only.
It might be 3 years old, however to this day, there are only 2 other Asus routers with two 10GbE ports:
the GT-AXE16000 and the brand-new $700 RT-BE96U (the GT-AX11000 Pro has only one 10GbE port).
The only reason maintaining this router is a real toll for Asus is the strange one-off decision to go with Qualcomm.

It might be 3 years old, however to this day, there are only 2 other Asus routers with two 10GbE ports:
the GT-AXE16000 and the brand-new $700 RT-BE96U (the GT-AX11000 Pro has only one 10GbE port).
The only reason maintaining this router is a real toll for Asus is the strange one-off decision to go with Qualcomm.
Both have no SFP+.

Both have no SFP+.

True, and it's really nice to do without a media converter. But that's just an additional piece of hardware, that I got from the ISP for free. The lack of 10GbE ports in all other options is the real deal breaker.

I have a Windows 11 PC with an Intel I226-V NIC that is 2.5G and I loaded your experimental firmware and bought an ipolex 1.25/2.5/5/10G SFP+ RJ45 Copper Transceiver, 10GBase-T RJ-45 SFP+ Module, put it in my RT-AX89X set the port to 2.5G and it works perfectly and is lightning fast.
Thanks for recommending this specific SFP+ tranceiver. I ordered the same one from Amazon and it's working great at 2.5Gbps to my wired PC.

Don't know
Please do not repost private/internal beta firmware images. Those are not meant for public redistribution.

Please do not repost private/internal beta firmware images. Those are not meant for public redistribution.
Thanks for the tip! I'll take the chance to ask for a Merlin distribution for this awesome router. Could it be? :)

Thanks for the tip! I'll take the chance to ask for a Merlin distribution for this awesome router. Could it be? :)
Not from me, I don't work with Qualcomm models.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!