What's new

Beta Asus RT-AX89X_9.0.0.4_388_31185 Beta

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

My AX89X can't get full speed smb download…
(ax200 160mhz 2402mbps linkspeed)
Http-test can get 1700mbps
Smb upload can get 200MB/S
Smb download can only get 108MB/S

Welcome to the forums @yangbodavid.

From which two devices are you testing? Be specific as to the hardware.

Welcome to the forums @yangbodavid.

From which two devices are you testing? Be specific as to the hardware.
PC is Asus ZenBook Duo (UX482EG.316) with Intel AX200 ;
Server is Truenas Scale with Intel X710-DA4 / E5-2618Lv4 / 128GiB LRDIMM/8T HDD*10 ;
Switcher is TP-LINK TL-ST5008F ;
AX89X (b1) is running APmode 160mhz at Channel48 ;
When I use QNA-T310G1S on my PC, I can get 1.13BiG/S in SMB test, both upload and download .
ASUS had conformed that issue ,but no solution .

PC is Asus ZenBook Duo (UX482EG.316) with Intel AX200 ;
Server is Truenas Scale with Intel X710-DA4 / E5-2618Lv4 / 128GiB LRDIMM/8T HDD*10 ;
Switcher is TP-LINK TL-ST5008F ;
AX89X (b1) is running APmode 160mhz at Channel48 ;
When I use QNA-T310G1S on my PC, I can get 1.13BiG/S in SMB test, both upload and download .
ASUS had conformed that issue ,but no solution .
Is this with the latest beta? If it is with the stock firmware, then you will want to create a different thread. If it is with the current beta, and you have a way to repro (from a Windows system) I could try. I get over 5 gbit up and down for TCP (on speedtest) so I don't have an ISP limitation in testing beyond what you are seeing.

Last edited:
My log only shows this:
Code:
Jun 19 14:54:06 WAN Connection: WAN(0) link up.
Jun 19 14:54:06 rc_service: wanduck 1415:notify_rc restart_wan_if 0
Jun 19 14:54:14 wan: finish adding multi routes
Jun 19 14:54:17 WAN Connection: WAN was restored.
Don't have an issue with my SFP+ port though it is running to the LAN. Have you tried switching the WAN to the RJ45 port and/or do you have a different transceiver to try to see if that is the cause?

Is this with the latest beta? If it is with the stock firmware, then you will want to create a different thread. If it is with the current beta, and you have a way to repro (from a Windows system) I could try. I get over 5 gbit up and down for TCP (on speedtest) so I don't have an ISP limitation in testing beyond what you are seeing.
with 388.32100
Tcp test is all right;
Only smb download test got speed limit (wireless)

Don't have an issue with my SFP+ port though it is running to the LAN. Have you tried switching the WAN to the RJ45 port and/or do you have a different transceiver to try to see if that is the cause?
I have to use the SFP+ module for my fiber. It only happens every few days and I think it could be Wireguard. But I will further investigate when it's becoming a problem to me - which it's not at the moment thanks to DynDNS.

At WAN -> DHCP query frequency there is a new "Continuous Mode". Since I enabled this, it looks like it has been fixed. No reconnection for 5 days now.

everyone who installed this VERSION
pls view my topic urgent

What exactly do you think is "urgent" in this thread you linked to? If it is a question about having received the beta firmware when you replied to Asus, that information is already discussed in this thread which you should probably read, with whatever urgency you feel appropriate.

It’s not legit firmware.
Nothing in your message shows that. The fact that it came from a reply to your request would actually indicate the opposite. Given your support "request", I assume English is not your first language so you may be reading something incorrectly in the replies. Also, again, I suggest you read through at least the last half of this thread.

At WAN -> DHCP query frequency there is a new "Continuous Mode". Since I enabled this, it looks like it has been fixed. No reconnection for 5 days now.
Is your connection still working?

I'm running to an issue where the WAN (SFP+, 10GBase BiDi transceiver from ISP that I've moved from a Huawei router) keeps stopping to route traffic at random intervals, everything from every 10 minutes to once a day. No dropped connection or other error shown in the RT-AX89X system log.

I'm starting to wonder if the transceiver is simply incompatible with the router.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!