What's new

ASUS Rt-N66U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lans

New Around Here
Hi,

have a problem, who not... I have bought secondhand a router of ASUS RT-N66U as they are normally fixable. This router has the funny habbit that LAN port 1 has no working LED. Plus 2.4GHz cannot work. Other thing is 5GHz is working, but if you want to program it , you have to do that under the 2.4GHz setting. So it looks like some strange NVRAM setting?! Cleared everything out flashed with firmware restore tool. Have used Tomato, orignal Asus frimware, and Merlin Firmware. No difference. It is B1 version. Anybody ideas?

Hi,

have a problem, who not... I have bought secondhand a router of ASUS RT-N66U as they are normally fixable. This router has the funny habbit that LAN port 1 has no working LED. Plus 2.4GHz cannot work. Other thing is 5GHz is working, but if you want to program it , you have to do that under the 2.4GHz setting. So it looks like some strange NVRAM setting?! Cleared everything out flashed with firmware restore tool. Have used Tomato, orignal Asus frimware, and Merlin Firmware. No difference. It is B1 version. Anybody ideas?

If it happens with all these different firmwares then you have defective hardware.

Hmm, hoped on a different answer. So there is no change to get the wifi switched on with a telnet command, because it so strange 5Gh hardware is shifted to the 2.4Ghz settings. also channel cannot be choosen anymore. Just to haev definite answer on this router, before I say goodbye to it.

Hmm, hoped on a different answer. So there is no change to get the wifi switched on with a telnet command, because it so strange 5Gh hardware is shifted to the 2.4Ghz settings. also channel cannot be choosen anymore. Just to haev definite answer on this router, before I say goodbye to it.

If your router fails to initialize the wifi after a factory default reset, then there is nothing you can do software-wise.

Check the CFE and default NVRAM settings, with unknown history maybe a botched upgrade?

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/cfe-bootloader-update.8259/