What's new

Asus-rt88u ax6000 merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Agoldstein54

Occasional Visitor
hi all,
i have just purchased this router and am waiting on it to arrive. i am planning on installing the legendary merlin firmware on it. I am wondering, i have seen several posts about LAG in aimesh, but I was wondering if it is possible to delegate two ports on the 88u to use LACP with a cisco switch. the post i saw referred too some ssh code, but was wondering if that same code would be applicable for this situation? and if so, im assuming i would need to enable ssh on the router and execute that code, or is there a simpler way to do it via the GUI? additionally would it be possible to take one LAN port and make it a second WAN port for LACP to the modem i have? please advise, thank you!

You really should give the actual model number. Nobody can advise you of anything right now.

Don't know if it's compatible with your specific switch however.

1595280944422.png

As for WAN aggregation:

1595281055460.png

thats perfect! i obviously dont have my hands on it yet so couldnt see the GUI functions, but my topology is a collapsed core with a cisco 3750g as my core switch, all access switches are bonded to the core switch with LACP, (channel-group {process id} mode active). the link to the router will work with the same command but different local process id than other port channels obviously. and in regards to the wan aggregation, my modem is a netgear cm1200 which support LACP as well, so that will work. thank you very much! i may need to call upon you guys to learn how to use some of the scripting options but will give it a go myself first