What's new

Asus Smart connect not working for 2.4ghz device

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tsicoupe

New Around Here
Hello I just got a wireless garage door opener which only has a 2.4ghz radio. It would work for a short time then stops working and I believe its because the smart connect is trying to use 5ghz since it has a very strong signal. Is there a way to still use smart connect and force a particular device to only use the 2.4? I know I could turn smart connect off and it would work fine manually connecting it to the 2.4ghz ssid but i was wondering if there was a way without having to do that. I also know if works fine connected to an old lynksys router i had around the house. Thank you for your help.

Hello I just got a wireless garage door opener which only has a 2.4ghz radio. It would work for a short time then stops working and I believe its because the smart connect is trying to use 5ghz since it has a very strong signal. Is there a way to still use smart connect and force a particular device to only use the 2.4? I know I could turn smart connect off and it would work fine manually connecting it to the 2.4ghz ssid but i was wondering if there was a way without having to do that. I also know if works fine connected to an old lynksys router i had around the house. Thank you for your help.

I wonder if disabling Airtime Fairness might help the 2.4 GHz client to stay connected?

SmartConnect band selection/steering within the router/node wouldn't be too smart if it denies a 2.4 GHz band connection to a 2.4 GHz-only wireless client.

OE

I wonder if disabling Airtime Fairness might help the 2.4 GHz client to stay connected?

SmartConnect band selection/steering within the router/node wouldn't be too smart if it denies a 2.4 GHz band connection to a 2.4 GHz-only wireless client.

OE
Sounds interesting, I will give it a shot. I was also wondering if a wireless mac filter would work. I doubt it but wasn't sure.