What's new

Beta ASUS ZenWiFi Pro ET12 Firmware version 9.0.0.6.102.4856

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Same problem here with 3.0.0.4.388.22127. I'm on 3.0.0.4.388.21739.
Ditto. 22127 is nothing but problems for me as well and I am on WIRED backhaul...... Also on 21739 at the moment and very keen to try this new beta if it is more stable (in terms of aiMesh and wireless connections and UI stable)........

Seems stable so far. I just needed to upload the file manually to the node and then the router quickly after. Wait 10 mins and everything reconnected no problem. Quite relieved

Ditto. 22127 is nothing but problems for me as well and I am on WIRED backhaul...... Also on 21739 at the moment and very keen to try this new beta if it is more stable (in terms of aiMesh and wireless connections and UI stable)........
I'm on wireless backhaul.

Well just installed. Directly a yellow stable light. Nothing is connecting to the node... restart is not helping.

Going to roll back. Gotta say I am super disappointed with this router and the support that Asus is providing. It's just a purely broken product.

Going to roll back. Gotta say I am super disappointed with this router and the support that Asus is providing. It's just a purely broken product.
This is an early beta firmware. Issues have to be expected, you should stick to stable releases.

That's the thing, all prior releases have some basic functionality that is broken, or unstable. From 6ghz not reliabliy working, to issues with the nodes disconnecting and such. Just poor effort considering the cost of this.

That's the thing, all prior releases have some basic functionality that is broken, or unstable. From 6ghz not reliabliy working, to issues with the nodes disconnecting and such. Just poor effort considering the cost of this.
Yup. Feels like most stable firmwares are just extended betas for Asus. Having said that, 21739 for ET12 is probably what I can consider stable release.....

It does seem like Asus is pouring most resources into this 4856 beta for wide model release in the near future though. For instance, they haven't release newer firmwares after 22127 for the ET12, probably not worth fixing bugs on that firmware specific to the ET12 with the impending release of the newer branch of firmware......

Hello, it is the first time that I write in the forum, but I have been following it for a long time, I wanted to share my experience. It turns out that with the firmware version: 3.0.0.4.388_22127 I am able to see outside my network and through my vpn wireward the devices connected at home to the fusion VPN that I have configured with Cybergost. With the beta version 9.0.0.6.102.4856 I can't see them. Sorry if the translation is not accurate, regards.

Yeah. I tried that unfortunately it worked for all devices except for the ring devices. I think it was something very specific to them.
Is it all Ring devices? For me, it seems to be just some of the Stick Up Cam units that have issues.

Is it all Ring devices? For me, it seems to be just some of the Stick Up Cam units that have issues.
I couldn’t get my ring chime nor my ring doorbell (3rd gen) to connect at all no matter what I did on this firmware. I tried all the usual suspects but no joy.

I created an account so I could come on here and say I really appreciate all the guidance on this thread and similar. I have a pair of ET12's and a repurposed AC68U. Horribly unreliable on latest firmware (I haven't dared try the beta's) and without this forum, i would not have known the best option is to rollback to 21739. That's still not perfect, and I still have occasional failures (where the nodes drop and the router decides - inexplicably - that my wifi password is suddenly invalid) but a reboot solves the problem..... for a time.

No major issues to report with the beta. I've had the 5ghz network slowdown on two occasions - solved with a reboot.

Hi Everyone,
I was looking into this router and saw in the beta firmware "Auto USB WAN backup, iPhone tethering". How does that work on the ET12? I thought it doesn't have a USB port.

Thanks

Don't forget, iPhones are magical. :)

I purchased a pair of these a couple months ago and have seen the same issues. I went ahead and upgraded to the latest beta today. We will see if it helps at all, but so far I am not impressed. I want to keep these because they have so many configurations I like, but it is getting old having to reboot them all the time to get them stable and not able to login to the ui.

Well back to the latest stable for me

On this beta After rebooting some of my networks failed to start up. Had to reboot several times before getting it work

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!