What's new

Release ASUS ZenWiFi XT8 Firmware version Version 9.0.0.4.386.48966 (2022/05/27)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dodgydrains

Regular Contributor
This is a beta release:

Please download and unzip the firmware and Refer to "Method 2: Update Manually" in https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1008000 to update this firmware.

ASUS ZenWiFi XT8 Firmware version 9.0.0.4.386.48966
Fixed the AiMesh node connection issue if the WPA Pre-Share key is over 32 characters.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: 66cb3f933ceded6019aefffee6dd920a

This is a beta release:

Please download and unzip the firmware and Refer to "Method 2: Update Manually" in https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1008000 to update this firmware.

Fixed the AiMesh node connection issue if the WPA Pre-Share key is over 32 characters.

Flashed this version to my wired node, and all seems to be well. It resolved issues with WPA Pre-Share key being over 32 characters!

Curious about the massive jump in version numbering though. Is going from 3.0.0.4.X to 9.0.0.4.x a typo?

Flashed this version to my wired node, and all seems to be well. It resolved issues with WPA Pre-Share key being over 32 characters!

Curious about the massive jump in version numbering though. Is going from 3.0.0.4.X to 9.0.0.4.x a typo?
3.0.0 are stable releases and 9.0.0 are beta releases.

9.0.0.4.x

Also note that 9.* beta firmware will not auto-update and may not alert the availability of a new version, so plan to download and apply the next update manually.

OE

Updated router first node second w/o any reset procedure. Updated from last beta-FW. System stable since update. Yet to learn if will be stable w/o daily scheduled reboots w/o issues.

I too upgraded from the previous Beta release to 9.0.0.4.386.48966. All seems to work just fine with the same configuration changes I had made to the 9.0.0.4.386.46980 release. One thing I did notice is that it appears that SCP is missing from the shell in this version. I was using SCP to download logs from my router + 2 node system. Any ideas why it has been removed and if it will get replaced in the next release?

I too upgraded from the previous Beta release to 9.0.0.4.386.48966. All seems to work just fine with the same configuration changes I had made to the 9.0.0.4.386.46980 release. One thing I did notice is that it appears that SCP is missing from the shell in this version. I was using SCP to download logs from my router + 2 node system. Any ideas why it has been removed and if it will get replaced in the next release?
Which beta did you update from? Was it ASUSWRT 386 RC3-3? If so, this feature is probably not yet released officially yet.

Which beta did you update from? Was it ASUSWRT 386 RC3-3? If so, this feature is probably not yet released officially yet.

No its was an OEM Beta dated 2022/02/22 (9.0.0.4.386.46980). It worked really well for me after I made a few configuration changes. I've only got a day's experience on this version (9.0.0.4.386.48966), but so far all is good (other than the absence of SCP (which was present in 9.0.0.4.386.46980). I did not take the previous OEM version due to the reported issue that turned out to be a problem with long (> 32 character) Wifi keys (which would have applied to me). From another comment I've seen on this forum (after I made my post) SCP was also missing from released version 3.0.0.4.386.48706 but was present in previous released versions. I'm a relatively new XT8 user so I can't speak to that but I've used other BusyBox based systems that did have SCP. Hope this clarifies things.

This is a beta release:

I wonder if this is the same problem im having with the AX88U node. Im using a 63bit key and i can connect to router but not possible to connect to the node as devices says unable to connect.

I wonder if this is the same problem im having with the AX88U node. Im using a 63bit key and i can connect to router but not possible to connect to the node as devices says unable to connect.

I would assume so. It's likely most of the firmwares shares the same code base for common functionality, a but introduced in one device firmware is likely to show up in others.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!