Release Asus ZenWiFi XT8 - New Firmware: 3.0.0.4.386_45934

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

h1berto

Occasional Visitor
can you share your wireless settings cause I have a hard time reaching 300Mbps with this firmware.
Completely default.
Only changed the SSID and password, that's it. I had it highly customized from a post here on the forum, but this time i decided not to change anything and test first.
Multiple tests from different devices, iphone, iPad, Surface...all with better results.

Abrar

New Around Here
I upgraded and had issues with the HL2170 Brother connecting. I thought the printer bit the dust, but then remembered I upgraded the firmware, I downgraded it and the brother is solid.

jmpr

Regular Contributor
I upgraded and had issues with the HL2170 Brother connecting. I thought the printer bit the dust, but then remembered I upgraded the firmware, I downgraded it and the brother is solid.

I have two Brother wifi printers, a laser and an inkjet (about 6 years both),and no problems at all (they only can use 2'4 band). In 2'4 I have disabled most "performance" settings, as I need to be able to use a very old Nintendo DSI, an old phone... Two firms ago, that phone (Moto G3) could't connect to XT8. Now it is ok.

bradbort

My brother MFC's are also fine. What was not fine was my nest thermostat and govee sensors. I had to put them on the guest network to keep them from dropping once a day. Very odd. I have no idea why it solved the issue.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!