What's new

Beta ASUSWRT 386 RC2 public beta with full functions AiMesh 2.0 (continued)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Can you give detail a bit what firmware did you use for all of them?
Something stupid happend, but at least I'll give you the information first: Merlin 386.1 on the main AX88 and this latest beta build on the XT8's. Now on to the stupid thing....never mind the not connecting to 5 GHz for backhaul though...somewhere my hands must have slipped and I somehow disabled the 2nd 5 Ghz network on the wired XT8, when I saw it, I re-enabled it and connection is back... might be from diagnosing the other problem I continue to have: The Canon printer doesn't want to connect to the 2.4 GHz of the wired XT8 ( which is in the same room), even if I force it to do so, it will just jump to the AX88 or the wireless node across the house. Every once in a blue moon however it does connect, but the printer becomes unresponsive and doesn't want to go into eco shutdown/standby. It might be responsive for a few minutes or ours, but after it has woken up for a print job, everything goes down the crapper and it won't shut down properly. If it's connected through the wireless node or the AX88, no problems, but once it connects to the wired XT8, it's all over. Very weird behavior...

Something stupid happend, but at least I'll give you the information first: Merlin 386.1 on the main AX88 and this latest beta build on the XT8's. Now on to the stupid thing....never mind the not connecting to 5 GHz for backhaul though...somewhere my hands must have slipped and I somehow disabled the 2nd 5 Ghz network on the wired XT8, when I saw it, I re-enabled it and connection is back... might be from diagnosing the other problem I continue to have: The Canon printer doesn't want to connect to the 2.4 GHz of the wired XT8 ( which is in the same room), even if I force it to do so, it will just jump to the AX88 or the wireless node across the house. Every once in a blue moon however it does connect, but the printer becomes unresponsive and doesn't want to go into eco shutdown/standby. It might be responsive for a few minutes or ours, but after it has woken up for a print job, everything goes down the crapper and it won't shut down properly. If it's connected through the wireless node or the AX88, no problems, but once it connects to the wired XT8, it's all over. Very weird behavior...
After I read it back, you xt8 node just connect only on 2.4GHz because 5GHz-2 or backhaul will not connect to 5GHz AX88U that use the lower channel (36-64) because XT8's fronthaul already in lower channel. You must set AX88U 5GHz wifi setting to use upper channel (100-165).

If you want to use 160MHz on upper channel , must set The United States at Professional section. If Asia region, the 160MHz will only be at lower channel.

For that printer, if you use bind function, please unbind it. Maybe it is not compatible.

Yes, same thing. SIP Passthrough.

i don't know how to change the part. All i am doing is follow the Youtube tutorial shared by Asus.

like @RMerlin said, i think is a bug. I raised it to Asus Support before but their conclusion is No Bug, No Problem . What can i say.

I would assume that your VoIP phone service is communicating through a router port (5060 is used for SIP) that is being interfered with by the router/firmware. So, ask your VoIP phone service provider if your user agent/phone can be configured to use a different, local network port (like not 5060). Explain to them that you are experiencing one-way audio and see what they advise.

Otherwise, hope for a future router firmware to resolve the issue, or use a different router.

OE

Good day.
Is there any understanding regarding the 386 firmware for the Lyra mini?
Lyra was previously mentioned in the title page:
"Due to compile problem, not in this version
ZenWiFi CD6, Lyra, Lyra mini, Lyra trio"

But after that, an updated version came out but without Lyra

upgraded to 41994 on both my AX86U (Primary) and AC68R (AiMesh node). AC68R is connected via Ethernet using MoCA adapter. Did a 'dirty' upgrade. Mesh Node first...then Primary a day later. No issues, Running solid.

I am NOT using Smart Connect, as I had some complications due to number of smart-home devices, so it was easier to just turn it off.

I'm consistently seeing 900+ down at the router (Via Internal test) and 600+ WIFI on iPhone 11 Pro Max. - Service is Comcast/Xfinity 1G service...(Don't get me started on them and their data caps coming in June).

I have about 50 clients connected at any one time--about 10 wired, and the rest Wifi.

AiProtection is ON

160Mhz channel bandwidth and DFS channels are ON

I have one External disk connected via SMB under USB applications.

Been watching (and capturing) the Logs and not seeing any issues.

upgraded to 41994 on both my AX86U (Primary) and AC68R (AiMesh node). AC68R is connected via Ethernet using MoCA adapter. Did a 'dirty' upgrade. Mesh Node first...then Primary a day later. No issues, Running solid.

I am NOT using Smart Connect, as I had some complications due to number of smart-home devices, so it was easier to just turn it off.

I'm consistently seeing 900+ down at the router (Via Internal test) and 600+ WIFI on iPhone 11 Pro Max. - Service is Comcast/Xfinity 1G service...(Don't get me started on them and their data caps coming in June).

I have about 50 clients connected at any one time--about 10 wired, and the rest Wifi.

AiProtection is ON

160Mhz channel bandwidth and DFS channels are ON

I have one External disk connected via SMB under USB applications.

Been watching (and capturing) the Logs and not seeing any issues.
I'm seeing a reduced throughput on wifi on my AX11000 and two XT8 nodes also. I have g.fast and on the router and also my xbox which is wired I get around about 300mbps down but on my Galaxy S21 Ultra and my wife's Galaxy S10 I only get between 150 and 200. I too have about 40 wireless devices and 15 or so wired ethernet. Previous versions of the firmware I'd get the same 300'ish regardless of wired or wireless. Router and nodes running 41994. It may just be the back to back dirty upgrades I've been doing have finally caught up with me.

My 5g network is been stable. but the 2.4g one keesp on causing issues and need to reboot all mesh devices, plus main one every 1-2 days,

My 5g network is been stable. but the 2.4g one keesp on causing issues and need to reboot all mesh devices, plus main one every 1-2 days,

I've seen this 2 times, 2 days apart, on my GT-AC5300 running 9.0.0.4.386_41994. It's not something I've seen in previous releases. Second time I did send feedback from router's interface.
One of my 2.4 devices could connect to 2.4 from the node (RT-AX88U). But the other 2.4 client can't see the node so it was out of the network. It's not easy to notice it unless one has clients that can only do 2.4.

I'm running 9.0.0.4.386_41994 on 2 RT-AX86U nodes (one main, one aimesh node..connected via a 2.5Gb ethernet backhaul), and I can also report this firmware has saved my life. I had constant stability issues before, and Iprobably would go a max of 2 days before having to reboot. Not good with the wife when all your TV's are running over Wifi.

Now i'm on day 11 with no reboots and its still solid as a rock.
Don't open your router to webb, that is a security risk. Turn if off:

The same , is there any beta with aimesh 2.0 for lyra trio ? I'm using them together with ax92u

I am using 2 RT-AX88Us in a Mesh system. One is primary and other as node. With 41994 beta firmware, I wanted to test out the Wifi6 capabilities of my iPhone 12. When my iPhone is connected to the primary RT-AX88U, I get full 1 Gbps transfer speeds from my NAS which is on 10 Gbe. However, if I connect to the node RT-AX88U, I get 500-600 Mbps only. There is a clear reduction of throughput when connected to a node. I am using Ethernet cable as a backhaul and it has been enabled in the GUI. @ASUSWRT_2020

AiMesh 2.0 public beta firmware 9.0.0.4.386.extension:

1st thread (closed)
RC2-1 (2020-07-15) can't add node; loses WiFI
RC2-2 (2020-07-28) no Internet on remote node?
RC2-3 (2020-08-06) kernal crash after reboot
RC2-4 (2020-08-14) 39485 WLANs disappear; VLAN errors in Log
RC2-5 (2020-09-11) 40018, 40024
RC2-6 (2020-10-06) 40322
RC2-7 (2020-10-22) 40577 changed SDK (RA RSSI!)
RC2-8 (2020-11-12) 40947
RC2-9 (2020-12-01) 41157
RC2-10 (2020-12-31) 41535 AC86U CPU wait disabled (higher temp)
2nd thread (this thread)
RC2-11 (2021-01-29) 41994 changed DNSmasq version; reset to ensure AC86U CPU wait is enabled (lower temp).

OE
Hi, so before I go and get the rc2-11, do I save any settings for my 86u and 68u and do I upgrade the 68u node, 86u noe before my main 86u router? Cheers

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!