What's new

Beta ASUSWRT 386 RC3-1 public beta

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ASUSWRT_2020

Hi,

While, I won't be testing the current functionality, I just wanted to mention that with the latest official firmware ( 43181 ) for the XT8 there have been alot of stability issues and people have reverted to 42095, myself included (the version released right after the last beta which i participated in). It might be worth mentioning if these stability issues have been also addressed in this beta otherwise people will be reluctant to try it I think...

couple of the threads:

anyways, just thought I'd mention it

@ASUSWRT_2020

Hi,

While, I won't be testing the current functionality, I just wanted to mention that with the latest official firmware ( 43181 ) for the XT8 there have been alot of stability issues and people have reverted to 42095, myself included (the version released right after the last beta which i participated in). It might be worth mentioning if these stability issues have been also addressed in this beta otherwise people will be reluctant to try it I think...
"People" are already trying RC3-1 ;)

When I bought the XT8 in June, I was aware of the stability issues. Using the XT8 as a mere tri-band access point to a 1 GBit/s cable connection, with 43181 I could trigger a disconnect from my Intel AX201 by simply starting a speed test. With 42095 everything was stable.
And so is is it with RC3-1, I had no disconnects so far. Can't speak for meshes.

I have updated my xt8 on both nodes and it's been running fine. I haven't checked the logs if I see anything funny, but so far so good
@ASUSWRT_2020

Hi,

couple of the threads:

anyways, just thought I'd mention it

ah, sounds good. it was just something I thought would be useful to mention. It wasn't my intention to derail this thread which is for specific new functionality. I'm looking forward to seeing which other functionality gets added.

DNS over TLS plays up after 12 hours or so on this build. Some of my devices become unreachable on AC68U.

DNS over TLS plays up after 12 hours or so on this build. Some of my devices become unreachable on AC68U.
Are you sure it isn't the upstream resolvers going wonky? The DoT in your AC68U should be the same as in my AX86U. I ran Quad9 for a while then I had some DNS connection issues so I switched to Cloudflare Secure. The Quad9 resolvers I connect to are 10 times farther than the Cloudflare resolvers and that, sometimes, seems to make a difference. It is nothing new for me as I have had the same issues with DoT since we began testing DoT as an Entware add on back when I was using an AC66U_B1 on a bridged DSL modem/router.
I have tested the Beta firmware on the old AC66U_B1 and it worked well for me with DoT in the short time I ran it.

Been using Cloudflare but after a certain amount of time my Tapo Plugs go offline. Now swapped to Merlin latest and so far so good after a few hours with same settings. In this firmware as soon as I switch to None in the DOT settings the plugs come back online moments later.

So far using the new vpn client with certain devices configured is working great

My setup is a 4 node AiMesh, all units are RT-AC68U.

The performance of this new beta has been great, with wireless and wired showing good stability and DNS now seeming to work properly/better such that it is not breaking some of my devices.

The only problem I seem to be having, is as noted in another post with the Sync to AiMesh Node "ALL" setting, and generally with the Guest Network 1. Dropping/adding AiMesh nodes is not remediating, I tried.

I use it as a hidden network for my IoT devices and besides it not seeming to extend to all AiMesh nodes, it seems that if Access to Intranet is disabled, I dont get DHCP to Guest Network 1 either.

Bottom line, this is great improvement, especially with some of the new features, but the Guest Networks need some work...

@ASUSWRT_2020 I have some issues with IoT devices not connecting to the nodes like on teh current latest firmware (43181) for the XT8. no problem on 42095
As well I still have the issue that the LED on the main XT8 shows mainly a red LED with IPv6 activated and only occcasionally white but Internet is always available.. If IPv6 is turned off router shows always a connection

Last edited:
@ASUSWRT_2020 I have some issues with IoT devices not connecting to the nodes like on teh current latest firmware (43181) for the XT8. no problem on 42095
As well I still have the issue that the LED on the main XT8 shows mainly a red LED with IPv6 activated and only occcasionally white but Internet is always available.. If IPv6 is turned off router shows always a connection

You try these recommendations?
And thanks to OE:

I've installed 9.0.0.4.386_55919-g4b63ee0 on all of my 68U AiMesh nodes (4 of them) as well as on one 86U AiMesh node, all seems fine. Can't really test out the new features on the AiMesh nodes since they're not used as primary routers. Will await a RC beta for the GT-AC5300 (main router) and test that out once it's available.

I noticed that the "optimized for xbox" box has been removed from the wireless config page.
GT-AX11000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!