What's new

Beta ASUSWRT 386 RC3-3 public beta for IPv6 DDNS and IPv6 VPN server

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi when 386 rc3-4 firmware will be available?
Hi All,
New 386 rc3-3 firmware added more IPv6 support.
You can now use IPv6 to register DDNS and use it for OpenVPN, WireGuard server.
firmware link
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1zbP67c9LM-je_w3PEc36ybc_VFddJPPe?usp=sharing

support model list
GT-AX11000
RT-AX92U
RT-AX88U
RT-AX82U
RT-AX68U
RT-AX56U
RT-AX55
TUF-AX5400
TUF-AX3000
ZenWiFi ET8
ZenWiFi XT8
ZenWiFi XD6
ZenWiFi XD4

RT-AX86U and RT-AX58U are not in this run, there are still some issues that need to be solved.

This thread is specific to that beta. Probably most folks on here are running it. The download is on the first page of the thread.
Thanks for clarifying. Only thing I noticed is that I can't access my external drive which I have connected to the USB port.

How do you reset the USB port?

I just wanted to provide a long term data point re: this RC3-3 build. We are coming up to 60 days of uptime on our pair of ET8’s. This is amazing, because the factory FW it shipped with (which for the longest time was the only FW available) rebooted the nodes 1-4 times a day. Thank you so much ASUS for sharing these beta firmwares!

By the way, your support team originally concluded with no analysis that it was a HW issue and wanted me to exchange the HW. I am glad we held off on that as it would have been inconvenient and wasteful!

It's been almost a month now and my wireguard seems not to be working. I use it with 4G on my phone but now it doesn't connect and I didn't change any config.

can we get a stable update before the WW3 get stated?
In other words, firmware that works well with StarLink, HAM radio and preferably also smoke signals. But compared to the world I think RC3-3 is stable as steel reinforced carbon fibre in concrete on a plain in mid-Australia.

Hi Guys,

This looks very interesting with the potential of using the RT-AX86U with wireguard.
I am hoping this gets this gets the support so I can upgrade my dated RT-AC87U.

The following are my iOS Speedtest App results on my iPhoneXsMax from my daughter’s place with RT-AC68U (500mbps Fibre Subscription) to my various VPN Servers setup at my home on my RT-AX88U (1gbps Fibre Subscription). I just did one test each.
  • VPN 1 OpenVPN
    • Dn:108 mbps Up:109 mbps
  • VPN 2 Instant Guard (IPsec IKEv1 under the hood)
    • Dn:141 mbps Up:153 mbps
  • VPN 1 IPSec IKEv2
    • Dn:367 mbps Up:218 mbps
  • VPN 1 IPSec IKEv1
    • Dn:147 mbps Up:156 mbps
  • VPN 1 WireGuard (I recall in RC3-2, this is the fastest)
    • Dn:286 mbps Up:175 mbps
I want to use wireguard with zenwifi ax server and GL-inet peer as site to site vpn. When I tried
I can't see macs on zenwifi ax lan. When testing, could you see your home RT-AX88U lan devices?

Hello,
using wireguard client on router.
I do actually need vpn for all my clients, including newly connected ones and do not like idea to specify devices individually.
Does someone knows how I can route all devices through vpn client by default ?

Hello,
using wireguard client on router.
I do actually need vpn for all my clients, including newly connected ones and do not like idea to specify devices individually.
Does someone knows how I can route all devices through vpn client by default ?

Wouldnt changing the default connection from «Internet» to the vpn connection do it? Press «play» in top of the vpn connection specification window.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!