What's new

Beta ASUSWRT 386 RC3-3 public beta for IPv6 DDNS and IPv6 VPN server

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

… are Asus betas posted (consistently) on any other forums … ?
Not that I'm aware of, the only other close one would be 52asus (a chinese site) but they seem to get their copy from this forum.

Seems like Asus just decided to not share the betas publically since you can still sometimes find the odd sponsored review running a newer beta

Hello,
using wireguard client on router.
I do actually need vpn for all my clients, including newly connected ones and do not like idea to specify devices individually.
Does someone knows how I can route all devices through vpn client by default ?
I am also very interested in this as the VPN policies here appear to be all over the place and do not really make much sense. I also could not find any guidance online as to how to get it to properly work.

Wouldnt changing the default connection from «Internet» to the vpn connection do it? Press «play» in top of the vpn connection specification window.
That does not appear to make any difference and all clients appear to still go through normal connection unless the device is specifically set for the VPN even when the latter is selected as the default connection. A bit useless to be honest when you want most devices to go via the VPN tunnel.

Hi there!

9.0.0.4.386_57317-gd068439 for that Beta release for router ZenWifi XT8 is a one problem, after upgrade there is no internet connection for all devices apart of from my second router in AI Mesh Mode when I'm connected by wired only, but the all of them which are connected by WIFI there is available SSID but not internet connection. Checked twice with upgraded. Last Stable release beta for XT8 which I currently use is a build: 9.0.0.4.386_46980-g589e200-test thank you.

That does not appear to make any difference and all clients appear to still go through normal connection unless the device is specifically set for the VPN even when the latter is selected as the default connection. A bit useless to be honest when you want most devices to go via the VPN tunnel.
There is a default setting in the VPN config itself if you want all traffic flowing through the vpn.

It appears Asus has started posting some of their beta's on their own site

RT-AX53U has a beta firmware on it's own page

There is a default setting in the VPN config itself if you want all traffic flowing through the vpn.
Tried it again and only working for openVPN but unfortunately not for Wireguard. The "default connection" feature appears to be broken for wireguard protocol.

I've been struggling w/2 AX55's in an AIMesh config. I eventually realized that all my Kasa smart devices just don't work w/the currently released AX55 firmware unless I set the 2.4G to legacy so they only connect via 802.11g rather than N. But I downloaded this beta firmware and installed on both AX55's and that problem is solved, but boy is this firmware buggy. I have to frequently turn power on/off several times until I can get the web interface available and also so it sees my devices, etc.

I can see in the logs that there is repeated internal reboots/restarts. And with this firmware my log is still full of DNSMASQ no space left errors that repeat every 60 secs even after turning off every feature I can. This beta has been out for a long time for AX55, is there any guess to when it will get into release status?

Is AX86U supported yet?

Spent quite a $ on this router so really hoping WireGuard comes to this router.

Don't do that on speculation. Always and only buy the hardware for the features it supports, today.

Having said that, have you seen the RMerlin fork with regards to WG?

Is AX86U supported yet?

Spent quite a $ on this router so really hoping WireGuard comes to this router.
Asus are possibly not testing ASUSWRT public betas on the RT-AX86U after the ASUSWRT 386 RC3-2 public beta bricked a few RT-AX86Us
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/asuswrt-386-rc3-2-public-beta.75355/post-721600 and other posts in that thread...

Although Asus have also managed to recently release an Official firmware 3.0.0.4.386.48377 that has also bricked RT-AX86Us !!

Last edited:
When it's ready.

Should be ready. Yet, it's not. :)

Too many moving variables at play here. Nobody is giving any ETA for anything.

I am a bit confused here. Is this an official Asus firmware or a Merlin one? If official stock, then why is it not on their official website where other beta releases are?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!