What's new

Beta ASUSWRT 386 RC3-3 public beta for IPv6 DDNS and IPv6 VPN server

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I am a bit confused here. Is this an official Asus firmware or a Merlin one? If official stock, then why is it not on their official website where other beta releases are?
Fairly certain it's official.
As for why not on their site, I have no idea

It`s an official Asus firmware, and it's not on their website because it was a public beta test. Beta releases on the website are generally regular releases that simply didn't go through the usual QA testing (for instance to quickly release a bug fix).

It`s an official Asus firmware, and it's not on their website because it was a public beta test. Beta releases on the website are generally regular releases that simply didn't go through the usual QA testing (for instance to quickly release a bug fix).
Please enjoy and have some beers (or coffee ☕) on me. Thank you again for your work.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums @managers.

No, it is not. Each version is released for the specific hardware indicated.

It's been so long since we've had an update. Anyone downgraded to the official release? 3.0.0.4.386.48706 (2022/05/03)
I don't want to be behind on bug fixes, however I don't want to lose the client vpn traffic mapping.

It's been so long since we've had an update. Anyone downgraded to the official release? 3.0.0.4.386.48706 (2022/05/03)
I don't want to be behind on bug fixes, however I don't want to lose the client vpn traffic mapping.
You can use the gnuton firmware. It has VPN Director (vpn traffic mapping) integrated.

You can use the gnuton firmware. It has VPN Director (vpn traffic mapping) integrated.
let me check that out. ty

Recently started getting frequent (once in 4 days) FULL ethernet disconnects on router RT-AX55
Router restart helps.
Syslog shows error
failed to write /var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.leases: No space left on device (retry in 60s)

Previously set restart once in a week. See no other options rather than daily restarts now..

UPDATE: ended setting up watchguard monitoring wireguard tunnel and rebooting router, let's see if it works

Last edited:
I have the GT-AX6000 so there is no downgrading for me unless I WANT to make my eyes bleed from looking at the ROG UI!

I have the GT-AX6000 so there is no downgrading for me unless I WANT to make my eyes bleed from looking at the ROG UI!

Yeah, tried the latest Asus release on the GT-AX6000, and could only put up with the stunningly bad "gaming UI" long enough to verify that it worked fine for me. I was going to stay on the latest Asus for the security fixes, but just couldn't hack it. Happily back on Merlin again.

Anyone found a solution that after this firmware its capping the my 1Gig speed to 500mbps ?
After installing original version it still capping 500mbps?
I have TUF - AX5400

That was happening with the several of the last FW of my RT-AC68U when they were used as AiMesh nodes.

The latest 3.0.0.4.386_48262 FW solved it for me but some people still report not having full speed on the LAN ports and that FW seemed to have borked AiMesh nodes with WiFi backhauld (mine are all with LAN backhaul so it's a non-issue for me).

I don't know if your issue with that device are related or not. I assume you did a factory reset and did not load saved settings.

Anyone knows what happened to this beta program?

@ASUSWRT_2020

It appears it was left to rot. Anyway this beta firmware is hopelessly out of date now and there are security issues that it does not contain. Best to check there official site for the latest build for your model.

It appears it was left to rot. Anyway this beta firmware is hopelessly out of date now and there are security issues that it does not contain. Best to check there official site for the latest build for your model.
I would do that if the FW of my GT-AX11000 wasn't stuck at 3.0.0.4.386.46065 from January (same as my several RT-AX92U)... It's baffling how Asus is slow supporting higher-end models while older and lower end models are getting all the security fixes and aimesh guest networks fixes for months now :rolleyes:

Meanwhile I spotted this commit in merlin's github with 48966 binaries for the GT-AX11000 (I wonder where he got those since public GPL code is still stuck at 46065) so hopefully we should see a FW release soon.

But going from the version number 46065 being lower than this beta 57317 it probably means it's not related to this beta branch and shouldn't have the IPv6 improvements.

IPv6 DDNS and IPv6 VPN server are working on latest official firmware for GT-ax6000
The recent 386_49xxx contains a number of fixes related to IPv6 DDNS.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!