What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.270.24 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

yes unzip using 7-zip and thats what i do previously. I also try both chrome or IE10.

Make sure you did download the RT-N16 version and not the RT-N66 or RT-AC66U version by accident (it has happened in the past).

If you use Download Master, disable it, then reboot your router - you might be running out of RAM to flash.

I don't think that Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.270.24 is "certified" (if I can say so...) to run on the RT-n16, is it ?

The Experimental label for the RT-N16 is because I have no mean to test it myself, but otherwise it should be working based on past feedback.

Massive Thanks!

I too would like to thank Merlin.

Recently I used the stock firmware and I had installed openvpn manually through a thumbdrive. I was pleasantly surprised to see it neatly integrated into the gui, so I switched my handywork off and configured it in the gui and it works flawlessly.

I only have one suggestion to put in next releases, as I read in various forums it seems hard to get a printer to work decently in the stock firmware. When I used to use the WL-500G I used the P910nd printer daemon, and I think it would be a massive step forward to all users that want a decent printserver if it can be selected from the gui.

Thank you Merlin for building a great firmware!

QoS Q's

Firstly a big thanks to RMerlin for your work. T H A N K S

I have had the AC66U for a couple of months now and I would like to probe your knowledge on QoS, specific to the AC66U using your latest firmware.

My set up - Virgin Superhub in modem mode - AC66U wired to XBOX360
Package - 100Mb Downstream 10 Mb Upstream
Nearly always achieving 95Mb-D and at least 7.7 Up (usually 9)

Based on the above information do I need QoS? How does it actually work, I have it on at the moment but does it only kick in if my bandwidth is not enough for total usage in my home? this never happens so do I use QoS which renders hardware acceleration disabled?

Do I turn it off and have HW Acc. on? or keep it on because it will ensure faster packet transfers all the time?

Thanks RMerlin / Anyone who knows the answer to this.

Chucky

Last edited:
QoS allows you to prioritise different types of traffic, and limit traffic to different clients. If you don't need to do that, then turn it off and use HW acceleration instead.

Make sure you did download the RT-N16 version and not the RT-N66 or RT-AC66U version by accident (it has happened in the past).

If you use Download Master, disable it, then reboot your router - you might be running out of RAM to flash.

thanks & it works after kill lightttpd.

Check the path and make sure it's correct. Your disk could have moved to a different mount point (sdb1, for example).

I not move a different mount point :

8477982867_e05c9c97d3_o.jpg

from my Mac:

8477983451_68e43eb744.jpg

Traffic Manager: Traffic Monitor (daily/monthly) works

Traffic Manager: Traffic Monitor for device :No data in table

From log:

8477983361_54a0238f60_b.jpg

No problem with last beta 1\2\3\4 :(

Last edited:
270.24 is running very stable, thanks Eric

In the 24 Beta4 thread it was reported that not always all devices were listed properly in the Client Status.
I noticed that our iPhone4 was not displayed in the Client Status, when coming home. I saw following in the system log:

Feb 15 19:13:28 dnsmasq-dhcp[549]: DHCPREQUEST(br0) 192.168.2.117 54:26:96:c0:a0:78
Feb 15 19:13:28 dnsmasq-dhcp[549]: DHCPNAK(br0) 192.168.2.117 54:26:96:c0:a0:78 wrong network
Feb 15 19:13:29 dnsmasq-dhcp[549]: DHCPDISCOVER(br0) 54:26:96:c0:a0:78
Feb 15 19:13:29 dnsmasq-dhcp[549]: DHCPOFFER(br0) 192.168.1.14 54:26:96:c0:a0:78
Feb 15 19:13:30 dnsmasq-dhcp[549]: DHCPREQUEST(br0) 192.168.1.14 54:26:96:c0:a0:78
Feb 15 19:13:30 dnsmasq-dhcp[549]: DHCPACK(br0) 192.168.1.14 54:26:96:c0:a0:78
The iPhone was connected to a wireless network 192.168.2.xx before coming home. Our network has 192.168.1.xx.
Only when I reboot the router the iPhone was displayed in the client status.

Today, the iPhone was again connected to the 192.168.2.xx network, but when coming home I did not see the error message of 'wrong network' in system log and the iPhone was properly displayed in the Client network...

Maybe others have similar experience?

I not move a different mount point :

8477982867_e05c9c97d3_o.jpg

from my Mac:

8477983451_68e43eb744.jpg

Traffic Manager: Traffic Monitor (daily/monthly) works

Traffic Manager: Traffic Monitor for device :No data in table

cstats is the normal traffic, so that does not match what you are reporting. The file that is failing to load is for regular traffic monitoring.

I would delete both files as one of them might be corrupted, and recreate them.

When I flash RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_270.24.trx, it upgrades, resets, and still displays Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.266.23 in the interface.

When I flash RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_270.24.trx, it upgrades, resets, and still displays Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.266.23 in the interface.

Make sure you are flashing the firmware for the correct model.

Disable DownloadMaster or any additional service you might have configured through Optware, and reboot the router before flashing to clear up as much RAM as possible.

First, I LOVE you Merlin, thank you!

Second, I too am getting much worse 5ghz signal on this update. It fluctuates even 10 feet away.

cstats is the normal traffic, so that does not match what you are reporting. The file that is failing to load is for regular traffic monitoring.

I would delete both files as one of them might be corrupted, and recreate them.

I remove the file, reboot router, copy my backup and now works !

Bad Flash ?

After upgrading from .23b to 3.0.0.4.270.24 I can't get into the router-setup through 192.168.1.1 on a AC66U. somehow it's stuck or whatever.. furthermore everything works actually..

Sometimes with Chrome I get the main screen but when trying to go to a sub-screen (ie tools) its just hangs there.. tried rebooting already .. same thing!

what can I do ?

First, I LOVE you Merlin, thank you!

Second, I too am getting much worse 5ghz signal on this update. It fluctuates even 10 feet away.

Just reporting to Rmerlin that I for one am getting great 5ghz signal. Hoe everyone else gets it figured out.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

After upgrading from .23b to 3.0.0.4.270.24 I can't get into the router-setup through 192.168.1.1 on a AC66U. somehow it's stuck or whatever.. furthermore everything works actually..

Sometimes with Chrome I get the main screen but when trying to go to a sub-screen (ie tools) its just hangs there.. tried rebooting already .. same thing!

what can I do ?

Don't know how you upgraded, but upgrading from recovery mode worked well for me. You get into recovery mode by powering up with the reset button pressed, and should see the power light blinking slowly to indicate recovery mode. You can then use the router's "rescue" utility to flash it. Takes longer, but it's a good way to recover from a bad flash.

what can I do ?

In case you might have accidentally disabled HTTP and kept only HTTPS enabled, try accessing it with this URL:

Code:
http://192.168.1.1:8443

To people reporting issues with wireless: try actually copying a file over the wireless network. The reported connection rate isn't a reliable way to determine the speed of your connection, as the wireless radio might be fluctuating its speed through power management.

hello
ran across merlin experimental for rt-n16 and had to try..... fills the need. but when I enable traffic logging and use the mount point for the usb stic to /dev/sda1/data and set to create and nothing shows up on the stic. tried /mnt/tmp/asuswrt/log/ and nothing also.
was curious what I am doing wrong or not doing.
thanks

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!