What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.372.31 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
Howdy folks,

A new build of Asuswrt-Merlin is now available for download. This build saw the core code merged with the recent final 372 release from Asus (I was previously using a very early version of the 372 code branch).

This update includes the AiCloud security fixes - upgrading to this version ASAP is STRONGLY recommended if you use AiCloud.

The RT-N66U is still using the older (but stable) wireless driver from build 270. That means it will be compatible with Intel devices, however it will lack HW accelerated PPP support and the Xbox optimization option.

Not much else in the changelog versus 372.30, partly due to lack of time, but also because the merge with the final 372 code was far more complex than previous merges (a typical merge takes me an evening, this one took about three days). I want to ensure that I have a stable base FW with 372 before going forward.

One notable addition to the Experimental build is support for the Yandex.DNS service. This is a DNS-based filtering service that Asus is integrating into the firmware. You can find the settings on the Parental Control section.

Speaking of which, the Parental Control time slot management is currently broken under Internet Explorer 10. The issue seems to lie within the third party Javascript code used by Asus for this calendar, and a bit over my head to fix. Until Asus fixes it you will have to use a different browser for managing Parental Control.

That's about it. As usual, see the changelog for the details. Enjoy!

Merlin,

I just registered in this forum to thank you for all that you have done. I've been using Aswswrt-Merlin for a while now and really appreciate your work.

THANKS!

Merlin, great job and thx. Three days is still fast, so don't worry about it. I installed transmission through entware last night and it works great.

I won't be going back to stock fw!

Glad it's working well so far :)

When posting feedback always specify which router you are using, as there are a few differences between all of them (for starter they all use a different wireless driver).

Glad it's working well so far :)

When posting feedback always specify which router you are using, as there are a few differences between all of them (for starter they all use a different wireless driver).

I imagine the old driver is used because the one that Asus recently posted is still no good?

I imagine the old driver is used because the one that Asus recently posted is still no good?

That's correct. The fix they implemented in 1393 did not work as expected.

That's about it. As usual, see the changelog for the details. Enjoy!

That's the point! Flashed the new firmware and could immediately enjoy a well running system so far on my RT-N66U.

Tx very much indeed, Merlin... :D

Ciao
Gerald

installed and working well in both bands. My VPN server will not start as in the last version. Must be in my configuration - any ideas? I turn it on but it just goes back to off. All the settings are as in the guide merlin links to.

Thanks in advance and to all your hard work.

installed and working well in both bands. My VPN server will not start as in the last version. Must be in my configuration - any ideas? I turn it on but it just goes back to off. All the settings are as in the guide merlin links to.

Thanks in advance and to all your hard work.

Check the system log, it will show you any error message preventing OpenVPN from starting.

Note that if you are coming from a version older than 372.30 then you must go to the OpenVPN Keys page, and click on Apply to re-encode the keys in a different internal format.

Hi,
Nothing unusual happening.

thanks Merlin for the FW

Asus should be ashamed that with all resource they have (and for the price tag they ask for the router) they cannot fix a bug and i still rely on a man to do smooth working build in his spare time.

Thanks for the speedy update to 31_0. It is much appreciated.

I did have one incident when upgrading from 3.0.0.4.372.30_3 to today's 31_0 on my RT-N66U which I will detail below...

1. I downloaded the new N66U 31_0 zip
2. I opened the router 192.168.1.1 web interface and clicked the "Firmware: 3.0.0.4.372.30_3 link on the front page
3. I clicked Choose file and selected the 3.0.0.4.372.31_0.trx file
4. I clicked Upgrade

At this point, the web UI dimmed and the "Proceeding... box popped up and stayed there. I was expecting to see the "Firmware is upgrading. Please wait about 3 minutes" progress bar but this did not appear. The "Proceeding..." box stayed on the screen. The lights on the N666U were normal and steady with no indication that a firmware update was taking place. I waited five minutes then closed the browser and powered the router off and on.

The router came up normally and still showed 3.0.0.4.372.30_3 so I went to the Administration - Firmware Upgrade panel and selected the 3.0.0.4.372.31_0.trx file again. This time the firmware update went as expected and I am now on the new version with no issues.

Any ideas what might have happened there?

Thanks Merlin for the new firmware!

I still have an issue with traffic monitoring.
I think it has been brought up before, but i will ask again.

If you use IPTV (atleast as i do with IPTV and VOIP tagged, but internet untagged) you get no output in traffic monitoring tab. se screenshots below.

merlin_iptvsettings.jpg

merlin_trafficmonitor.jpeg

Is this something that is fixable? nothing urgent but would be nice if it worked.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!