What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.372.31 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

The channel gets passed to the wireless driver, which is closed source. There is nothing I can do about it if the driver decides to reject the channel for some reason.

Channel 13 is only available in some specific regions. Make sure your router does come configured for that region. North America for instance does not support channel 12 or 13.

I understand, but i have reverted to the previous firmware 30_3 and channel 13 with 40mhz channel bandwidth is working and it does not work with .31

Hello :)

I use the Asus RT-N66U with the firmware 3.0.0.4.372.31 (Merlin build). I can't set the WLAN channels, like some other people here in this forum. After reading about it, I put back my router to factory defaults, but this didn't help.

As long as I set the channel bandwidth to 20/40 MHz or 40 MHz I can't change the channel, it only use channel 1 (if I select 40 MHz) or 11 (if I select 20/40 MHz). Even channel 5 or 6 don't work. If I set the bandwidth to 20 MHz only, I can use channel 5 and 13 again. This also happens if the 5 GHz band is disabled.

I didn't had this problems with older Merlin builds. Any ideas?

Another thing: The 5 GHz band is still broken with my Samsung Galaxy Nexus smartphone (very slow bandwidth, connection interruption, etc.). No problems and full speed at 2.4 GHz band. Any ideas with this?

Hey dude, i had the exact same issues. I suggest going back to 30_3 and it will work. However .30 does not have the AiCloud fix, but if you dont use it then 30_3 is fine.

Merlin, thanks so much for the firmware. I'm still on 270.26 with my N66U. Do I need to do a NVRAM clear to upgrade to xx.31 or not required? If so which NVRAM clear procedure do you recommend? I've seen a couple different ones for this device. So far I've never had to do it. ;)

Thanks

Thanks for the hard work!

I'm very happy to have an updated version with the old wifi drivers. :D
I always do a factory reset before and after the firmware upgrade.
And configure everything manually from scratch.
(A pain, but nothing compared to the hard work from Merlin.)

For curiosity I also tested the wifi control channel.
It's true when I use 40MHz bandwidth it goes to channel 1.
If I use 20/40MHz or 20MHz I can set it all over the place.

No big deal.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Wireless.jpg
    Wireless.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 900
Last edited:
I have no idea why, had no idea why before, but with .37x despite having security enabled my USB attached devices never ask me for sign on information.

With .27x always get asked.

Hey guys.

I just installed this version in my RT-N66U and I can't find any option to activate the 5GHz band. Where is it? :)

This is my first experience with Merlin's firmware so I may be missing something. I have googled and searched this forum and can't find any info relating to this issue.

One other thing: I can't disable WPS. Everytime I disable it, it just turns on again by itself...

Other than that, great firmware. Thanks Merlin.

I just installed this version in my RT-N66U and I can't find any option to activate the 5GHz band. Where is it? :)

Under Wireless | General, Frequency is the first drop-down option. Select 5GHz and let the page refresh. Then you'll be making changes to that channel.

Mea culpa. I installed RT-N16's firmware instead of RT-N66U's...

I'm glad I didn't brick the router.

Thanks for your help, kaiguy.

RT-N66U: Upgraded from 272.26b to 372.2 to 372.31. Not doing anything fancy but everything appears to be running just fine.

Parenatal control issue in ie

Hmm this is stated in the official 372 fw.
"5 .Fixed parental control offset issue in IE."

Still offset s broken in Merlin version or have you not had time to implement that part yet?

Another weird parenal Control issue is that if i set it all up as i want all work from monday-thursday then on friday even if set the same as erlier day it is impossible to connect for specifc machine. If i make a change on settings for satarday and sunday it works again on friday to not work on saterday or sunday what ever change i make. Only soultuin is to disable parantal Control and activate it once more on monday and it works till friday. so strange bug. has been like this for quite some time the 354 beta version did work though.

I realy appriciate the work you do RMerlin. I hope asus will fix this quite soon. Rather important feature when you have kids using the net.

Hey guys.

This is my first experience with Merlin's firmware so I may be missing something. I have googled and searched this forum and can't find any info relating to this issue.

One other thing: I can't disable WPS. Everytime I disable it, it just turns on again by itself...

Other than that, great firmware. Thanks Merlin.

Enabling the wireless radios can be found under "Wireless" -> "Professional". I would expect to find the on/off switch under "General", but for the rt-n66u, that's not the case.

Too bad, really, you have to do "Apply" twice to first turn on the radio under "Professional", and then go to "General" to set the parameters of the particular band. Good thing that both radios are on by default *smile*.

Thanks for the hard work!

I'm very happy to have an updated version with the old wifi drivers. :D
I always do a factory reset before and after the firmware upgrade.
And configure everything manually from scratch.
(A pain, but nothing compared to the hard work from Merlin.)

For curiosity I also tested the wifi control channel.
It's true when I use 40MHz bandwidth it goes to channel 1.
If I use 20/40MHz or 20MHz I can set it all over the place.

No big deal.

Thanks for the additional info. I'll do some tests with that specific scenario to see what happens.

Note that it's still not recommended to use 40 MHz channel width on the 2.4 GHz band, as it will conflict with almost anything else also using the 2.4 GHz band.

Hmm this is stated in the official 372 fw.
"5 .Fixed parental control offset issue in IE."

Still offset s broken in Merlin version or have you not had time to implement that part yet?

Any fix they implemented should also be in my firmware, as I merged with their latest GPL source code (372_1393). Might be it's not properly fixed - I haven't tested it myself since the only kid in this house is me :p. Seeing the other issues IE has with Parental Control it's probably best to use a different browser for the time being until Asus takes a closer look at it.

I'm still on 270.26 with my N66U. Do I need to do a NVRAM clear to upgrade to xx.31 or not required? If so which NVRAM clear procedure do you recommend? I've seen a couple different ones for this device. So far I've never had to do it.

I'm curious about this also. Is the 30/30/30 reset required or is there an easier way to clear nvram?

I'm curious about this also. Is the 30/30/30 reset required or is there an easier way to clear nvram?
Hi,

There is not such thing as 30/30/30 on the Asus routers! :eek:
Clearing NVRAM is done via the WPS button - just holding it during start of the router - see manual for details, or search the forum... :rolleyes:

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

Yea that's why I asked here. But since a search only yields 50 different ways to do it; here's what I found........... :rolleyes:

1. when the unit is powered on, hold down its wps button for 30 seconds
2. while still holding down the wps button, unplug the router from power and hold for an additional 30 seconds
3. still holding down the wps button, turn on power to the router again and hold for 30 more seconds

After this process (a total of 90 seconds) is complete, your router should be restored to its factory default state

New ASUS firmware 3.0.0.4.372.1393 for RT-N66U

Hi

I just saw that ASUS released v. 3.0.0.4.372.1393 for the RT-N66U a few days ago, stating the changes as:
"Updated Broadcom driver and fixed Intel 4965 / 6300 5GHz 40MHz connection issue."
(http://www.asus.com/Networking/RTN66U/#support_Download_36)

Is this still not working properly, or did it just arrive after RMerlins release of his v.3.0.0.4.372.31, since for this release RMerlin states that for the RT-N66U the driver is downgraded to build 270 ? Or are there still stability problems with this latest driver update from ASUS/Broadcom ?

Thanks

I don't know about that one. The manual talks about resetting via the GUI (page 41) and resetting by pressing the reset button for 5 seconds. Personally, I just hold the WPS button when powering on the router for 10 seconds.

I suppose when in doubt, read the manual.

The manual can be found in link below:

http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?slanguage=en&m=RT-N66U+(VER.B1)&os=8

Or you could just read the manual. :)

Did I mention anything about reading the manual??

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!