What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.374.33 Beta 3 available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I remember a few months ago someone else had the same problem (it was with IE in his case), and the problem was caused by his browser who kept in cache some old webui elements from older firmwares.

Hey, that was/is ME..... right NOW. :D

'Cept I'm on AC66U and back down to Beta1 :)

Last edited:
Hey, that was/is ME..... right NOW. :D

'Cept I'm on AC66U and back down to Beta1 :)

Nah, I was referring to someone else who did have that problem months ago, and it turned out to be a browser cache issue.

Nah, I was referring to someone else who did have that problem months ago, and it turned out to be a browser cache issue.

LOL Wish I had that simple a fix. ;) Not possible it's the same, I've rebooted PC several times, cleared caches used different browsers etc.... :)

Bandwidth Control

I just installed Build 3.0.0.4.374.32 on my RT-AC66U and was wondering if there is an option for bandwidth control besides the QoS where I can specify maximum upload/download bandwidth per attached client.

P.S Will the AC68U be supported upon release? If it will I would return this AC66U and get the AC68U on release.

SabZeb - I had the same issue. As Merlin said, it's related to the Asus mods to minidlna. What I have done for now is install the older 1.0.25 minidlna using Entware:

opkg install minidlna

After reboot, I do a killall of minidlna (this kills the 1.1.0 minidlna processes):

# killall minidlna

then start up the 1.0.25 version that is now installed in /opt/bin:

# /opt/bin/minidlna -f /etc/minidlna.conf -R

Worked for me. Note - you will need to do this kill/restart after any reboot.

"Note - you will need to do this kill/restart after any reboot"

and if you disable dlna via web gui? Then dlna 1.1.0 isnt started or no?

Randomly checked my stock AC56U for an update...and the router said there was...

ASUS RT-AC56U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.374.158

Asus doesn;t seem to have update their website with a change log...anyone know anything?

Just updated to it, everything seems ok, Dual Wan was on by Default.

Also for some reason the "mtd-erase" command is missing.

This should probably be moved to the ASUS AC router section.

Randomly checked my stock AC56U for an update...and the router said there was...

ASUS RT-AC56U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.374.158

Asus doesn;t seem to have update their website with a change log...anyone know anything?

Interesting... I am trying to figure out a link to their download FTP to see if anything is there... dying to see the changelog if any :)

That was me. I had to completely reset IE10 to get rid of the cache for some reason. A normal clear browser cache with all the checkmarks on didn't do the trick.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Just updated to it, everything seems ok, Dual Wan was on by Default.

Also for some reason the "mtd-erase" command is missing.

This should probably be moved to the ASUS AC router section.

RT-AC56U uses mtd-erase2 instead - different syntax, hence the name change.

How to install this?

You can't install it, it's just the binary itself meant for testing purposes.
Copy it to the USB disk. Kill the running minidlna process, and manually start this one:

Code:
/mnt/yourusbdisk/minidlna -f /etc/minidlna.conf -R

See if it finishes scanning properly.

I just installed Build 3.0.0.4.374.32 on my RT-AC66U and was wondering if there is an option for bandwidth control besides the QoS where I can specify maximum upload/download bandwidth per attached client.

There's no bandwidth control option.

P.S Will the AC68U be supported upon release? If it will I would return this AC66U and get the AC68U on release.

No idea. That will depend on when I get one, and what's involved in properly supporting it.

Jumbo frames

Hi guys

I got this thing causing me a headache!

I got an Imac, Synology NAS 712+ and the RT-AC66U with 3.0.0.4.374.33 Beta 3.

My question is about jumbo frames.

I can enable jumbo frames and put them on 9000 on the IMAC and Synology NAS, but when I enable Jumbo Frames under Switch control everything is stalling.

What am I doing wrong?

The problem is the same on a PC, so it shouldn't be an issue with the NAS or computer.

Hope you can help me out!

Best reg.

Anders

Those of you having trouble with minidlna, can you give this build a test for me?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/u6j1pw3qzqw6m7t/minidlna.zip

This is the 1.1.0 version with the build 374 changes reverted.

Good news. I installed the binary in /opt/bin. Restarted minidlna and all scans completed fine.
I also used my Samsung SmartTV to goto the dlna server - and it sees everything.

Looks good!

Also, I saw a post where I can just disable minidlna in the WebUI instead of the killall on a reboot! Merlin, you mentioned this as well. Good idea. I will do that instead for now.

Thanks for the update.

Merlin,
With regard to the N66U what's the difference between this new xxx.33b3 and the pixie dust test SDK 6 version? Any reason to upgrade or wait? Thanks.

Upgraded to this version b, seems ok so far. The overall speed seems slower and the signal is fluctuating, in fact the signal is quite bad. It auto chose channel 6 which is the most crowded, so I changed it to 20Mhz Channel 11 and the signal is better. Not sure why it defaulted to Chn 6. So far it seems more stable than the several betas before this. Streaming video has lesser hiccups, but so far only used it for an hour, so time will tell.

Jumbo Frames under Switch control everything is stalling.
Jumbo frames in Switch control need only for wireless... and have size only 4000. you don't need enable it for wire. I have high ping issue with Jumbo frames in switch control on the all firmwares but the rest does not bother.:rolleyes:

You can't install it, it's just the binary itself meant for testing purposes.
Copy it to the USB disk. Kill the running minidlna process, and manually start this one:

Code:
/mnt/yourusbdisk/minidlna -f /etc/minidlna.conf -R

See if it finishes scanning properly.

My problem is solved with this fix. It's scanning my library and I can access my files again from my AiCloud app. Great job Merlin, thx. Can't give any comments about the scanning, since that wasn't my problem to begin with.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!