What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.374.33 Beta 3 available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

That won't be necessary, the two firmwares are very close to one another. Asl ong you did one when you first switched to pixie dust.

Upgraded over the "pixie dust" version. Working good but less 5GHz range than "pixie dust". That one worked soooo much better as far as 5GHz range. the 33b3 is giving me more 2.4GHz range though than pixie dust. :confused:

Right now i have Tomato on my router, what would be the best version to install at this time, if you guys don't mind sharing that info with me.

Should i go with Beta or Experimental?

When stable version comes out, do we have to do factory reset (clear nvram) from latest beta?

Thank you very much.

Might help us guide you if you told us what model you have ;)

In general, stick with stable release. Beta releases are meant for people willing to try new versions and provide feedback on them, so they might not always be as stable.

The experimental release are the same as regular, but with a few experimental features enabled. Depend on which router model you have, those features will range from Repeater mode to Dual WAN support. So, only go with these builds if you need the features they offer.

Ah, stupid me ! Forgot to add the Router model, sorry about that.

RT-N66U here.

I will check the releases on your website then.

Thank you sir.

Found a small bug that has occured since beta 3

RT-AC66u.

A few times the 2.4ghz led indicator has turned on even though in stealth mode.
Very strange. A reboot solves the bug.

Great work otherwise RMerlin.

Parant Control seems to work better too.

RT-AC66u.

A few times the 2.4ghz led indicator has turned on even though in stealth mode.
Very strange. A reboot solves the bug.

Great work otherwise RMerlin.

Parant Control seems to work better too.

Anything that causes the wireless service to be restarted (for instance when modifying options) would cause the led to get turned back on. That's already fixed in the current development code.

Anything that causes the wireless service to be restarted (for instance when modifying options) would cause the led to get turned back on. That's already fixed in the current development code.

Has anyone mentioned how awesome Merlin is today? If not, Merlin is awesome :)

Can't wait for the next version to be released.

I second that, he is awsome ;)

Congrats Merlin it looks like your a real celebrity on the forums here.. ;)

I was using an RT-N66U with a Google Nexus 7 v2 on 5ghz, and when I got out of range, the Nexus 7 dropped the signal. Walking back into range (a few feet in front of the router), the Nexus would not pick up the signal again. Said that the wi-fi couldn't be seen even though it was still shown as the connected wi-fi. As soon as I powered cycled the Nexus, the wi-fi came back up.

I was using an RT-N66U with a Google Nexus 7 v2 on 5ghz, and when I got out of range, the Nexus 7 dropped the signal. Walking back into range (a few feet in front of the router), the Nexus would not pick up the signal again. Said that the wi-fi couldn't be seen even though it was still shown as the connected wi-fi. As soon as I powered cycled the Nexus, the wi-fi came back up.

How about other device on 5ghz, do they also have that behavior?

Does your GN7v2 do the same behavior if connected on 2.4ghz then going out of range and back?

And is this symptom just apparent on the .33 Beta 3, it didn't happen with the prior f/w you were running?

Does your GN7v2 do the same behavior if connected on 2.4ghz then going out of range and back?

And is this symptom just apparent on the .33 Beta 3, it didn't happen with the prior f/w you were running?

I tried same thing out with Galaxy Nexus. Using 5 GHz only - had absolutely no problems on reconnecting for quite many tries I did.

P.S. I kind of remember reading about wifi reconnect problems on Nexus 4 and few other devices with Android 4.3 - it might have been on androidpolice.com.

Last edited:

The GN7v2 I had never had this problem. Out of range, back into range, it always picked up and reconnected just fine.

Google did release an update to fix this issue and a GPS issue recently. Have you installed that update?

Dunno really, because I only had the Nexus here for a day (it wasn't mine) and I just ran it on 5ghz. I didn't really have time to do any testing. I don't see this behaviour on my wife's Nokia Lumia running WP8 on 5ghz.

The GN7v2 I had never had this problem. Out of range, back into range, it always picked up and reconnected just fine.

Google did release an update to fix this issue and a GPS issue recently. Have you installed that update?

I updated it yesterday where it went to Android 4.3 (it was new and I was setting it up for someone else), but I didn't install any updates after that. I assume it got all the updates it needed.

I'll have to check next time I see the device, but at least if it's a known problem with the Nexus, then it's not an issue with the new router firmware.

Samba System Log - General Log entries I can't explain

Since I installed Beta3 I have these entries in my System Log:

Sep 24 20:33:28 nmbd[1926]: [2013/09/24 20:33:28, 0] nmbd/nmbd_become_lmb.c:become_local_master_stage2(392)
Sep 24 20:33:28 nmbd[1926]: Samba name server ULTRALORD is now a local master browser for workgroup WORKGROUP on subnet 192.168.0.1
Sep 24 20:33:28 nmbd[1926]: [2013/09/24 20:33:28, 0] nmbd/nmbd_browsesync.c:find_domain_master_name_query_fail(351)
Sep 24 20:33:28 nmbd[1926]: find_domain_master_name_query_fail:
Sep 24 20:33:28 nmbd[1926]: Unable to find the Domain Master Browser name WORKGROUP<1b> for the workgroup WORKGROUP.
Sep 24 20:33:28 nmbd[1926]: Unable to sync browse lists in this workgroup.
Sep 24 20:48:47 nmbd[1926]: [2013/09/24 20:48:47, 0] nmbd/nmbd_browsesync.c:find_domain_master_name_query_fail(351)
Sep 24 20:48:47 nmbd[1926]: find_domain_master_name_query_fail:
Sep 24 20:48:47 nmbd[1926]: Unable to find the Domain Master Browser name WORKGROUP<1b> for the workgroup WORKGROUP.
Sep 24 20:48:47 nmbd[1926]: Unable to sync browse lists in this workgroup.
Sep 24 21:03:53 nmbd[1926]: [2013/09/24 21:03:53, 0] nmbd/nmbd_browsesync.c:find_domain_master_name_query_fail(351)
Sep 24 21:03:53 nmbd[1926]: find_domain_master_name_query_fail:
Sep 24 21:03:53 nmbd[1926]: Unable to find the Domain Master Browser name WORKGROUP<1b> for the workgroup WORKGROUP.
Sep 24 21:03:53 nmbd[1926]: Unable to sync browse lists in this workgroup.
Sep 24 21:18:54 nmbd[1926]: [2013/09/24 21:18:54, 0] nmbd/nmbd_browsesync.c:find_domain_master_name_query_fail(351)
Sep 24 21:18:54 nmbd[1926]: find_domain_master_name_query_fail:
Sep 24 21:18:54 nmbd[1926]: Unable to find the Domain Master Browser name WORKGROUP<1b> for the workgroup WORKGROUP.
Sep 24 21:18:54 nmbd[1926]: Unable to sync browse lists in this workgroup.

I don't how to fix this. I've reset the samba server, but this keeps popping up.

Thx for the help.

I'm on the AC66U.

FYI, in case if you are having the same issue: It looks like I was able to fix the "Unable to find the Domain Master Browser name xxxx<1b>" issue by forcing Samba to be Master Browser through the UI. Look for the option under "USB Application - Network Place(Samba) Share / Cloud Disk"

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!