What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.374.34 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Also went back to .32., got tired of poor 2,4GHz wifi and the login issue.

Merlin, your doing a great job! - if you have the time, please look into the wifi strength issue in .33 and .34.

Br

Anders

You don't specify which router model, so I will assume you have an RT-N66U and you skipped the numerous posts about the SDK5 build.

I went back to the SDK5 as mentioned since there seems to be a wireless issue with the last one.

It connects and works fine but after a period speeds drop drastically and requires a wireless change to restore.

Iam guessing this is a asus mistake rather then a issue with the firmware here.

You don't specify which router model, so I will assume you have an RT-N66U and you skipped the numerous posts about the SDK5 build.

Actually I have the AC-66......? My Libratone wireless speaker went from 60% to 71% on the 2,4ghz signal when I went from .34 to .32.

Weird issue since last update to 34_2

Hi there RMerlin, still doing a greate job ;)

I have got a strange problem on my AC66u since the last update
I can't access some site.
www.swefilmer.com
www.dreamfilm.se
I know it is farfetched to blame the router software but it started after the update, I can access the site every 10 try but note more. All other sites works just fine.
I have contacted my ISP and they claim that they don't filter sites.
I have cleaned nvram but still no luck.
On my cellphone on 3g the sites work just fine but on wifi no lucke on cell either.
Cache is clean in browser aswell.

Perhaps there is somthing else i'm missing.

Glad for any idea to what could cause this.

Last edited:
Detect abnormal logins...

Hi.
I'm running asuswrt-merlin v 3.0.0.4.374.34_2 on RT-AC66U and sometimes I'm getting locked out, when I try to login I get:
Code:
Nov 14 18:15:09 dropbear[4195]: Pubkey auth succeeded for '<removed>' with key md5 6d:27:6f:8a:<removed> from 192.168.2.11:50679
Nov 14 18:17:46 HTTP login: Detect abnormal logins at 5 times. The newest one was from 192.168.2.11.
(log from console: cat /tmp/syslog.log)

I didn't notice that problem in earlier versions.
Any solution for this ?
Edit: I can normally login after few minutes

Last edited:
Hi there RMerlin, still doing a greate job ;)

I have got a strange problem on my AC66u since the last update
I can't access some site.
www.swefilmer.com
www.dreamfilm.se
I know it is farfetched to blame the router software but it started after the update, I can access the site every 10 try but note more. All other sites works just fine.
I have contacted my ISP and they claim that they don't filter sites.
I have cleaned nvram but still no luck.
On my cellphone on 3g the sites work just fine but on wifi no lucke on cell either.
Cache is clean in browser aswell.

Perhaps there is somthing else i'm missing.

Glad for any idea to what could cause this.

Try using different DNS servers. Go to the WAN page, tell it not to automatically connect to your ISP DNS, and try these two DNS for a while:

First is a Google DNS, second is a Level 3 DNS. See if you get more stable results.

Try using different DNS servers. Go to the WAN page, tell it not to automatically connect to your ISP DNS, and try these two DNS for a while:

First is a Google DNS, second is a Level 3 DNS. See if you get more stable results.

Hi
I have tried different DNS servers aswell but not your suggestions. Gave them a try but i got the same result with 8.8.8.8 and 4.2.2.2

I mainly use the following DNS servers as they are the best in DNS Bench:

Seems as i started to get the issue after the 34_2 update. Still that is unlikely the reason.

Thanks for the help

I seem to have the login issue, but only from specific browser clients.

I can login fine via Chrome on a 'real' laptop without any problems, but safari/chrome on the iPhone wont let me login to the AC66U running 347.34_2. Oddly I can login fine to the N66U running the same release with any clients.

Odd new message

I've noticed sporadic appearances of the following message of late:

Nov 14 17:48:43 dnsmasq-dhcp[472]: DHCPNAK(br0) 192.168.1.189 f0:cb:a1:a3:78:77 wrong address

It is not always for the same IP and MAC addresses.

What might be causing this?
--
bc

link to Synology NAS now broken

I was running .260 version of the firmware then upgraded to .374____ from Asus, and now .374.34_2 Merlin. Router is RT-N16. After the upgrade I lost the ability to connect to my Synology NAS DS-212J. The Synology Assistant tool finds the NAS and when I try to connect I get to the warning screen telling me the SSL certificate is not valid. I click the 'go ahead anyway' button and that's when it get stuck. Can't access through the web interface and can't map the drives. The NAS uses DHCP. I either assign a static IP address from the router or a DHCP assigned and still the same problem. Router is at 192.168.5.1, NAS is either .5.5 static (like before) or DHCP.

Synology had me direct connect from PC to NAS and it worked fine. But if I try to connec t through the router no luck. I've tried different browsers and flushed cookies and caches, rebooted all of the equipment in question. No luck.

Last thing I tried was disabling SSL & https on the NAS. I no longer get the warning screen, but still timeout on the access to the webman interface.

This seems to be one of those problems so trivial that it should just work. I'm stumped. Any advice?

PS - By the way Merlin, Great Job!! Clearly an improvement over the ASUS firmware. I also like your priorities.

Last edited:

Hi RMerlin

I think i will have to thank you again, I were to Quick on my judgment on your dns sugestions. I didn't switch back to my old dns servers and keept your sugestions. after an houre or so it started to work, i don't Think it was a fix from my isp but the fact that it took a while Before the new dns servers to kick in.

So thanks again.

Client status

Hi there,
I have two issues on AC68U
first one is regarded to client status page:
It shows clients = 0 and Client status says : "Searching, please wait" and hangs like that... :/
(meanwhile there are at least 4 by wire and 3 on wireless link)
also on Tools_Sysinfo.asp 3 of my clients have Link State displayed correctly but is Last Device Seen netbios name has status "undefined"

second one: after setting Stealth mode to on, after couple of hours one LED turns itself on - the one for usb 2.0 where i have usb printer connected :)

Last edited:
I have MagicJack plus plugged into my n66u and after I flashed .34, it stopped working. I flashed .33 and no luck. Then I flashed .32 and now it works again. I had the same problem with the new Shibby Tomato 114. MJ+ stopped working with it. But it was working fine with the older 112 version.

Recently purchased a N66U after having all sorts of problems with a new generation AC router and couldnt be happier! Won't be touching an AC for a few years that's for sure.

I originally flashed my N66U with Asus 979 firmware but my wireless signal was rather weak at certain points in my house, i have now flashed to RMerlin 34_2 SDK5 and the wireless is 10/10, however my LAN speeds are slower.

Speedtest on asus firmware i was getting 110mbps/2.2mbps and now with 34_2 SDK max is 35mbps/2.2mbps.

Any idea guys?

Need help to Clear NVRAM in command line for RT-AC68U.

RT-AC66U and RT-AC68U both running 3.0.0.4.374.34.2
I used the "mtd-erase -d nvram" "nvram commit" in the command line works for AC66U, but doesn't work for AC68U.

Thanks

Need help to Clear NVRAM in command line for RT-AC68U.

RT-AC66U and RT-AC68U both running 3.0.0.4.374.34.2
I used the "mtd-erase -d nvram" "nvram commit" in the command line works for AC66U, but doesn't work for AC68U.

Thanks
Try below read it from one of Merlin's post.

mtd-erase2 nvram
Then power cycle On/Off instead of reboot

Recently purchased a N66U after having all sorts of problems with a new generation AC router and couldnt be happier! Won't be touching an AC for a few years that's for sure.

I originally flashed my N66U with Asus 979 firmware but my wireless signal was rather weak at certain points in my house, i have now flashed to RMerlin 34_2 SDK5 and the wireless is 10/10, however my LAN speeds are slower.

Speedtest on asus firmware i was getting 110mbps/2.2mbps and now with 34_2 SDK max is 35mbps/2.2mbps.

Any idea guys?
Since you are going from SDK6 to SDK5 you need to clear your NVRAM reboot then reconfigure from scratch.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!