What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.374.38 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Merlin, don't know if you can test with ipv6, but if you can, set "Connect to DNS Server automatically" to "Disable" on the ipv6 page, and try using some public ipv6 DNS servers, like the OpenDNS ones:

http://www.opendns.com/about/innovations/ipv6/

The only access I have to IPv6 is a 6in4 tunnel unfortunately.

Asus did quite a number of changes to IPv6 in recent firmwares, so it's possible that either one of these changes broke it (if you have an AC68 or AC56, try the original firmware and see if it has the same issue), or an error slipped by when I merged their code in. Testing with the original 374.542 or 374.583 FW would help determining that.

Hi to all. I am using the 374.38_1-em firmware to my RT-N66U and I am very pleased for my simple needs (I just need coverage since my house is big with thick walls). I have upgraded from 276.
Now I want to try 374.38_2-em. Do I need to do a factory reset moving from 374.38_1-em? or just upload and go?
Thanks

374.38_2 builds [...]

Code:
[...]
3.0.0.4.374.38_2 (17-Jan-2014):
   - CHANGED: Reverted minidlna to 374.37 code.  While the latest code 
              brings some fixes, it seems to also break functionality 
              for a small number of users.  Too many low-level changes 
              from the minidlna author to make it easy to debug.
[...]

I switched to the 3.0.0.4.374.38_2em version. Great work, m8!

I'm still having some issue with dlna.
I have the following folder structure:
+media
++film
++film2
++series

I can see all movies in "Film" and only 6 coming from "Film2" (out of more than 20). Series folder is not even take in consideration.

About Wirless range, the "em" version is... fantastic!

Thank for your work!

Great! It will be my first time with the SDK6 drivers.
Are there any issues with changing the locale to GB with this driver?

Thanks

DrT

I have issues with GB on the 2.4ghz so I left it as EU on the reg domain or I get stuck on channel 1, but 5ghz has been fine.

Code:
nvram set pci/1/1/ccode=GB
nvram set pci/2/1/ccode=GB
nvram set wl0_country_code=GB
nvram set wl1_country_code=GB
nvram set regulation_domain=EU
nvram set regulation_domain_5G=GB

weird traffic redirection

Hi all, hi RMerlin,

I continue to have problems with this redirection thing, here is my firts post on the matter:

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/forums/showpost.php?p=99243&postcount=339

No matter what link or internet address you click or enter in your browser, you get redirected to your router's ip. Every thing related to Port Forwarding is disabled, by the way, but SOME port forwarding DID happened, as shown to me in System Log/Port forwarding tab.:eek: :

Destination Proto. Port range Redirect to Local port Chain
!192.168.2.0 TCP 80 192.168.2.1 18017 PREROUTING

misteriously some rules are added automatically to /tmp/redirect_rules

cat /tmp/redirect_rules:

*nat
:pREROUTING ACCEPT [0:0]
:pOSTROUTING ACCEPT [0:0]
:OUTPUT ACCEPT [0:0]
:VSERVER - [0:0]
:LOCALSRV - [0:0]
:VUPNP - [0:0]
:YADNS - [0:0]
-A PREROUTING -d 192.168.1.5 -j VSERVER
-A VSERVER -j VUPNP
-A POSTROUTING -o eth0 ! -s 192.168.1.5 -j MASQUERADE
-A POSTROUTING -m mark --mark 0xd001 -j MASQUERADE
-A PREROUTING ! -d 192.168.2.1/255.255.255.0 -p tcp --dport 80 -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.2.1:18017
COMMIT

any idea?

Last edited:
Just tried ..374.38-2 on RT N66U, no IPv6 via 6in4 tunnel although router will respond to ping on IPv6.

Back to ...35.4 all is well.

Hi all, hi RMerlin,

I continue to have problems with this redirection thing, here is my firts post on the matter:

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/forums/showpost.php?p=99243&postcount=339

No matter what link or internet address you click or enter in your browser, you get redirected to your router's ip. Every thing related to Port Forwarding is disabled, by the way, but SOME port forwarding DID happened, as shown to me in System Log/Port forwarding tab.:eek: :

Destination Proto. Port range Redirect to Local port Chain
!192.168.2.0 TCP 80 192.168.2.1 18017 PREROUTING

misteriously some rules are added automatically to /tmp/redirect_rules

cat /tmp/redirect_rules:

*nat
:pREROUTING ACCEPT [0:0]
:pOSTROUTING ACCEPT [0:0]
:OUTPUT ACCEPT [0:0]
:VSERVER - [0:0]
:LOCALSRV - [0:0]
:VUPNP - [0:0]
:YADNS - [0:0]
-A PREROUTING -d 192.168.1.5 -j VSERVER
-A VSERVER -j VUPNP
-A POSTROUTING -o eth0 ! -s 192.168.1.5 -j MASQUERADE
-A POSTROUTING -m mark --mark 0xd001 -j MASQUERADE
-A PREROUTING ! -d 192.168.2.1/255.255.255.0 -p tcp --dport 80 -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.2.1:18017
COMMIT

any idea?

I recognise that, I think you should look at your browser. Delete all history and try. Alternative try another browser.

I also had this same issue on 374.38-2, here's what i found:

splinter squashfs-root # grep -r -i 18017
Binary file sbin/rc matches

splinter squashfs-root # strings sbin/rc | grep 18017
-A PREROUTING ! -d %s/%s -p tcp --dport 80 -j DNAT --to-destination %s:18017

Any idea what's that RMerlin?

I also had this same issue on 374.38-2, here's what i found:

splinter squashfs-root # grep -r -i 18017
Binary file sbin/rc matches

splinter squashfs-root # strings sbin/rc | grep 18017
-A PREROUTING ! -d %s/%s -p tcp --dport 80 -j DNAT --to-destination %s:18017

Any idea what's that RMerlin?

yes, a rule is placed in /tmp/redirect_rules file and sleeps there until something triggers it :confused:

Thanks. Same happens in other browsers: safari, chrome. Redirection rules are applied at some point for some reason :rolleyes:

Hmm Do you use Win7, and have a look at network and share center, click on icone to your homenetwork. There you should have "put togeter and remove networksplace". Try to remove all exept that one you use.

Hmm Do you use Win7, and have a look at network and share center, click on icone to your homenetwork. There you should have "put togeter and remove networksplace". Try to remove all exept that one you use.

No, I use Mac OS X and linux :D

Last edited:
I switched to the 3.0.0.4.374.38_2em version. Great work, m8!

I'm still having some issue with dlna.
I have the following folder structure:
+media
++film
++film2
++series

I can see all movies in "Film" and only 6 coming from "Film2" (out of more than 20). Series folder is not even take in consideration.

About Wirless range, the "em" version is... fantastic!

Thank for your work!
I'd try to restart DLNA server, if it doesn't help check the miniDLNA log what is going on. There might video codec compatibility issues that is doesn't recognize video files.

AC68R's, fw 38_2.

Only issue to report, is that both AC68s randomly froze up and had to be power cycled.

One AC68 (media bridge) froze after few hours of inactivity, while second AC68( main router) froze up 10min after installing the firmware.

Hi to all. I am using the 374.38_1-em firmware to my RT-N66U and I am very pleased for my simple needs (I just need coverage since my house is big with thick walls). I have upgraded from 276.
Now I want to try 374.38_2-em. Do I need to do a factory reset moving from 374.38_1-em? or just upload and go?
Thanks

No need, just upload, that's it.

I also moved from 38_1-em to 38_2-em yesterday. No factory reset is required as confirmed by Merlin http://forums.smallnetbuilder.com/showpost.php?p=99444&postcount=355

I didn't know about a miniDLNA log!
I was able to check it... and I discovered that for an HD movie I had the following error:
[2014/01/18 16:23:08] metadata.c:780: warn: Opening /tmp/mnt/My_Passport/Media/Film/FooBar/FooBar.mkv failed! [Cannot allocate memory]
[2014/01/18 16:23:08] scanner.c:488: warn: Unsuccessful getting details for /tmp/mnt/My_Passport/Media/Film/FooBar/FooBar.mkv!

I removed that file... and dlna scanning was blocked again in the same way (with exactly the same movies as before) but without any errors in the log.
It seems to me that miniDLNA doesn't like hd movies (matrioska hd movies).

Thanks for the help

I'd try to restart DLNA server, if it doesn't help check the miniDLNA log what is going on. There might video codec compatibility issues that is doesn't recognize video files.

I didn't know about a miniDLNA log!
I was able to check it... and I discovered that for an HD movie I had the following error:
[2014/01/18 16:23:08] metadata.c:780: warn: Opening /tmp/mnt/My_Passport/Media/Film/FooBar/FooBar.mkv failed! [Cannot allocate memory]
[2014/01/18 16:23:08] scanner.c:488: warn: Unsuccessful getting details for /tmp/mnt/My_Passport/Media/Film/FooBar/FooBar.mkv!

I removed that file... and dlna scanning was blocked again in the same way (with exactly the same movies as before) but without any errors in the log.
It seems to me that miniDLNA doesn't like hd movies (matrioska hd movies).

Thanks for the help
Where you able play this movie at all, e.g. through samba or directly? It looks damaged to me.
What file system your drive has? it's preferred Linux files system. I had lots of issues with NTFS e.g. corrupted files, and as far as I remember I had the same errors related to NTFS.