What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.4 beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's closed source and out of your control, but what is mastiff?
Daemon tied to Asus' NAT traversal tunnel. It's used for things like their AiHome service (only available in China) and ITTT integration, from what I know.

One small observation. From a reboot the system seems to be using roughly 50‰ more ram than beta1. I'll look a little closer in the morning, just thought I'd comment.
My bad.. I'd recently changed the blocklist in Diversion. Back to the standard list and all is back to where it was.
Thank you @RMerlin
1000033320.jpg

Jumped from 388.2_2 directly to 388.4_beta2 - update, reboot and all good! :cool:

12h running, No issues observed

Screenshot_20230805_144351_Chrome.jpg

Dirty from beta1 and zero issues, as usual!
My testing of beta2 consisted of a house full of "teens" on their last weekend of summer uploading, downloading, video chatting, and online gaming. I tested vpn by leaving the house (strictly for testing purposes).

Updated earlier today 388.2 to 388.4 beta2 - everything looks fine except my assucomm.com DDNS no longer resolving externally; if I check with https://iplookup.asus.com/nslookup.php it shows Result: The name cannot be resolved! The DDNS screen on the router indicates that all is well, and there is no error showing in the syslog so I am guessing that it is an Asus issue rather than a firmware one, but as the only thing that has changed is the firmware I though I would check here first.

The problem is the same whether IPv6 is enabled or disabled - cold reboot of router has not helped. Before I try reverting to 388.2 is anyone else using the asuscomm DDNS and seeing the same problem - does anyone have any other ideas on how I can check what is wrong.

Thanks Archiel

update: ipv4 DDNS is now showing, IPv6 still not response.

and now both - all fine, if somewhat perplexed.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it being 'slow' mean not 'good'?!
What is slow...?
If kids are hogging the net with games, videos etc., maybe they just used all of the available bandwidth and so it has nothing to do with the router or FW itself...? ;)

Updated my routers to beta2 with no problem.
0 days 22 hour(s) 1 minute(s) 54 seconds

Had to reboot master 2.4GHz as acting weird.
After that it's working just fine.

Thank you!

Yeah I never tell them or the wife unit when I'm doing a router upgrade
Bold move. I always give a heads up. Mind you, it's like a 1 minute warning so not much they can do. But at least it's out there. LOL!

Darn auto correct got me. I meant aren't.I've edited that post now lol Yeah I never tell them or the wife unit when I'm doing a router upgrade
Do you mean auto corrupt?

Loaded beta 2... For me the same issues at beta 1. DHCP not resolved from provider error. Every other firmware works perfectly except these 2 betas. Unplug and plug back in WAN cable resolves the problem. On a soft or unplug reboot the issue returns. Tried everything including the ASUS reccomendation of changing DHCP frequency from aggressive to continuous. Still dosen't work.

CC

Loaded beta 2... For me the same issues at beta 1. DHCP not resolved from provider error. Every other firmware works perfectly except these 2 betas. Unplug and plug back in WAN cable resolves the problem. On a soft or unplug reboot the issue returns. Tried everything including the ASUS reccomendation of changing DHCP frequency from aggressive to continuous. Still dosen't work.

CC
Try another cable.

CC

Use stock Asus firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.