What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.4 beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated to beta yesterday on my mesh setup and everything looks good except for one thing. When i go into my Wi-Fi setting to modify control channel and authentication method, I can change the settings and they show changed when I go to Wi-Fi radar, but do not show the changes in the selection tab. It just shows auto for control channel and open source on the other. Not sure why this is happening. I use Edge on the desktop i am experiencing this on. The app on iPhone shows that the setting is saved, and Wi-Fi radar does too. Any ideas here. Using an ax6000 for master and ax88u for node. Hardwired between devices in backhaul mode.

but do not show the changes in the selection tab.
Try to clear browsercache - perhaps that will take effect?

I am on the latest stock version, can I just do a dirty upgrade or do I need a factory reset?

Charlie
Best to reduce variables to a minimum, and do a factory reset. Just make a backup of your settings first (both settings and JFFS) so you can restore them afterward if you revert back to 388.2_2.

Interesting observation on the Bandwidth Monitor - it's still working with Apps analysis OFF after 2+ days since reboot. This would normally stop working roughlty an hour after a reboot.

I don't think I checked this on Beta 1 to be honest, so I can't recall if this was the case then too. Either way, nice to see.

1691421911800.png

withdraw.JPG

@shabbs:
How about this setting^^
Try to "Withdraw". Is the monitor working afterwards?

EDIT: Can not test it by myself for now...

found the issue. AdGuard ad blocker was causing this issue. Unblocked for the router and everything is working correctly.

yep. I had exact same issue after upgrading. the other impact was ram memory was slowly increasing.

the fix (for me) was to change wifi settings on 5g and switch from fixed channel to auto. After this no issue. I have left mine on auto but you can try switching back to fixed channel

Thanks. This worked. I changed from a fixed channel to Auto. Restarted. I then changed from Auto back to thee fixed channel and error has gone a way. Assume its a change in the configuration information in new version.

I wonder how many of the unusual issues that come up are caused by Ad Blockers. AdGuard has caused issues for me in the past and I thought that it was fixed then. Somehow it got turned on again for my router. I do know that from what I experienced it needs to be disabled for the router web address. Also, in order for the Ookla speed check to work correctly I needed to disable it for that even though I had the router web address already disabled. I can say right now that this beta is working great.

Dirty firmware upgrade on my GT-AX6000 performed two days ago from v3004.388.4 beta to v3004.388.4 beta2. All seems to be OK.
1691430458004.png

Best to reduce variables to a minimum, and do a factory reset. Just make a backup of your settings first (both settings and JFFS) so you can restore them afterward if you revert back to 388.2_2.
Do these setting look ok?

1691436616656.png

Updated my RT AX3000 to 388.4 beta2. Everything is working perfectly except the DDNS update issue which was not there in 388.2. DDNS is working after the system reboot but not updating the IP in the running system if the lease is renewed by the ISP.
Is your WAN connection using DHCP, PPPoE or something else? IPv4 and/or IPv6? Are you using a public or a private (CGNAT/double NAT) IP?

Is your WAN connection using DHCP, PPPoE or something else? IPv4 and/or IPv6? Are you using a public or a private (CGNAT/double NAT) IP?
DHCP, IPV4 ONLY, not a static ip although it never changes, NO double NAT.

CC

Interesting observation on the Bandwidth Monitor - it's still working with Apps analysis OFF after 2+ days since reboot. This would normally stop working roughlty an hour after a reboot.

I don't think I checked this on Beta 1 to be honest, so I can't recall if this was the case then too. Either way, nice to see.

View attachment 52200

View attachment 52200
As previously mentioned to you several months ago, the Bandwidth Monitor has always been working with the Apps Analysis OFF (was never set ON) for my router:
1691437373335.png

AXE16000 master, two AXE11000 nodes and one RP-AX58 as aimesh nodes. Upgraded the master to beta2 and lost the nodes. They were just showing offline. Went back to 388.2_2 and they showed up again. I see others have had success so will try upgrading the nodes first.

Upgraded to try and retrieve logs. I'm on cable and I set it to pppoe to watch it fail. Logs are set to debug.
I got this message,:
May 5 01:20:18 pppd[9581]: pppd 2.4.7 started by admin, uid 0
May 5 01:20:37 pppd[9581]: Unable to complete PPPoE Discovery

makes sense.
I set it back to 'automatic IP'

No logs regarding wan at all when I applied.

I have 55 pages of logs otherwise, if you want anything let me know. I'm not going to post it all here.
No messages for dhcp in all of those pages.

A search for dns has one entry:
May 5 01:05:31 avahi-daemon[2273]: WARNING: No NSS support for mDNS detected, consider installing nss-mdns!

search for wan and I only get this:
May 5 01:05:19 kernel: rdpa_get_init_system_dt_params: emac_map=6f ext_sw_pid=30 wan_emac=12 usxgmiim_cnt=0
May 5 01:05:19 kernel: PKTRUNNER : RDPA system init gbe_wan_emac=12 isRdpaGbeWanConfigured=0

1691440958821.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.