What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.4 beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. I removed a few pieces of personal information that were left in the list. The only thing that comes up so far is that ddns_return_code isn`t set to 200, but that might be normal - I`d have to dive back into that code to better understand what is happening.

I'll let you know in the coming days if I need anything else tested.

Zero change to wifi. Your issue is most likely DFS scanning taking the required minute to ensure the channel is free.
This is anecdotal at best, but I too think the 5g channel began broadcasting with a shorter delay after a restart in beta 2.

If you are in auto channel not really, just a coincidence of it choosing a non DFS one.
Only if you had a locked channel/wide, it would be different; but I presume it is not the case... Right?

If you are in auto channel not really, just a coincidence of it choosing a non DFS one.
Only if you had a locked channel/wide, it would be different; but I presume it is not the case... Right?
No - I am on fixed 36 / 160 and have been for several releases now.

No - I am on fixed 36 / 160 and have been for several releases now.
That's 1 minute Fixed, above 100 CH - 10 minutes. Havent changed and can't change due to regulations...

I'm not sure if anyone has encountered this issue, but originally I was using version 388.2_2. When my iPhone X, connected to WiFi ac, the WiFi TX/RX speed was at 866. However, after updating to the Beta version, the WiFi TX/RX speed dropped to below 866, displaying at 433 AC. Upon reverting back to version 388.2_2, the speed returned to 866.

My router is AX68U.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if anyone has encountered this issue, but originally I was using version 388.2_2. When my iPhone X, connected to WiFi ac, the WiFi TX/RX speed was at 866. However, after updating to the Beta version, the WiFi TX/RX speed dropped to below 866, displaying at 433 AC. Upon reverting back to version 388.2_2, the speed returned to 866.

My router is AX68U.
The iPhones when in "low power mode" uses single spatial instead of two, therefore, the link speed is only half. Could that be the situation?

Those of you chatting in this Beta thread about wireless 160MHz sticking issues may find this link useful. It is up to date at least to end 2022 as far as I can tell. It amply demonstrates the point made by RMerlin that 160 without DFS channel clash is simply not achievable.

Wikipedia List of WLAN channels

Solutions vary between areas. Where I am - 36 used to work - then 100 ... but now I have to select 160MHz as the only requested frequency in the webui with a tick on allow DFS and Auto Channel -which does shift around periodically to dodge some real [aircraft?] and some phantom (thunder and lightening] sources of interference].

The iPhones when in "low power mode" uses single spatial instead of two, therefore, the link speed is only half. Could that be the situation?
My phone battery is above 90%.

Without making any changes or charging, after I switched back to 388.2_2, the speed returned to normal.

Without making any changes or charging, after I switched back to 388.2_2, the speed returned to normal.
4 iPhone 13 Pro Max devices in my household and no issues with tx speed with latest beta on Ax86u

That value is variable give it time it'll settle down to the max when the condition allows. Sometimes I don't even look at that stat, I'll rather run speed test, that will actually give you the idea how strong your wireless client's connection.

That value is variable give it time it'll settle down to the max when the condition allows. Sometimes I don't even look at that stat, I'll rather run speed test, that will actually give you the idea how strong your wireless client's connection.

The reason I'm checking the Wifi TX/RX is because my Speed Test is stuck and can't go above 500Mbps. I can confirm that there's no one else using the network at the moment. The wired test gives me speeds in the 5XX range, but with Wifi, I'm only getting speeds in the 3XX range.

Furthermore, the Wifi signal is at full strength at that moment. Under the same testing conditions, with 388.2_2, it's possible to achieve speeds in the 5XX range.

The reason I'm checking the Wifi TX/RX is because my Speed Test is stuck and can't go above 500Mbps. I can confirm that there's no one else using the network at the moment. The wired test gives me speeds in the 5XX range, but with Wifi, I'm only getting speeds in the 3XX range.

Furthermore, the Wifi signal is at full strength at that moment. Under the same testing conditions, with 388.2_2, it's possible to achieve speeds in the 5XX range.
are you using any type of QoS ?

Furthermore, the Wifi signal is at full strength at that moment. Under the same testing conditions, with 388.2_2, it's possible to achieve speeds in the 5XX range
Make sure you are comparing the two firmwares in equal footing like using the same bandwidth, channel and band. 5XXMbps is acheivable in 5 Ghz band at atleast 80MHz you just need to find the cleanest channel so you have to try to assign the channel manually then test. I don't know maybe the AX68 cpu is also contributing to your slow speed but try the different channels first and see if it improves.

Thank you for beta 3. I loaded it this morning on all of my routers and everything works as expected.

My router pings several devices in my LAN every 10 minutes and reports the status to healthchecks.io

After upgrading to beta 3 I have received several push notifications that one particular device (an Apple HomePod) is offline (which did not happen before the upgrade) (and it's back online at the next check).

I know there are no WiFi changes between beta 2 and beta 3. What else could have changed causing this behaviour?

Continued nasty upgrades, beta3. No issues. Great work as usual @RMerlin !

Upgraded from beta1 to beta3 and no issues to report.

Status
Not open for further replies.