What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.4 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Oh and if anyone has any suggestions on tweaking any of the settings in my "professional settings" images above i'd appreciate it. I find the GT-AX6000 radios to be significantly less good than my RT-AC87U's ones, which might be a firmware setting or something in the firmware, possibly?
For example I am getting 6Mbps to the 2.4GHz radio and 500-750Mbps to the 5GHz on the RP-AC68U now vs. 195/975 with the RT-AC87U (both in the same positions).
I came from the same router to router combination. Both radios have clearly stronger throughput than previous, with 5GHz having also longer reach with higher signal and 2.4GHz shorter with weaker but even still faster at same distance - on same channels and settings as old router obviously.
So or something is wrong with your settings or the new router itself, or simply just theAC68U you are testing them with (as John Fitzgerald told you). Just try to compare them utilizing a normal client (phone, laptop or PC WiFi adapter)... ;)

Ax88U here.
Have a 30-something network, includes 4 IoT that's ESP chips based (and 10 or so others), no disconnections for 30 days at all.

The only issue I have had is 160Mhz, probably after all it was not resolved and radars are here to watch ;)
Set to 80MHz after realizing it is probably for the best.

Same here, no problem with version 3004.388.4.
I always leave the default Wifi on 80Mhz, never had any problems.
A beautiful version 👍
1696068542571.png

1696068546977.png

I was having the same 2.4GHz issues with three IOT devices on 388.4 (garage door openers, and a baby monitor.)
What garage opener is it? I'm curious because I also have problems with mine.

I got the AX-88U Pro the same day the final firmware was relesed and installed it. Since then I've only had 2 issues which weren't an issue with previous router.

The first issue is the Apple TV 4K losing WiFi with hidden SSID. Now I know hiding SSID is not a secure feature and can cause issues but it was fine for many years. I solved this by unhiding SSID on both bands now that I had the chance to start from scratch with new SSID and more secure password for both bands.

One issue I still have though is the MyQ garage door opener. Initially I thought unhiding SSID would also fix it but no I still have the issue today. When I open the app on the phone I often see a red circle around the big button to open the door meaning it's not connected. I will try to reset eveything about the garage door again and hope this time it will work.

What garage opener is it? I'm curious because I also have problems with mine.

I got the AX-88U Pro the same day the final firmware was relesed and installed it. Since then I've only had 2 issues which weren't an issue with previous router.

The first issue is the Apple TV 4K losing WiFi with hidden SSID. Now I know hiding SSID is not a secure feature and can cause issues but it was fine for many years. I solved this by unhiding SSID on both bands now that I had the chance to start from scratch with new SSID and more secure password for both bands.

One issue I still have though is the MyQ garage door opener. Initially I thought unhiding SSID would also fix it but no I still have the issue today. When I open the app on the phone I often see a red circle around the big button to open the door meaning it's not connected. I will try to reset eveything about the garage door again and hope this time it will work.
I don't bother with hiding SSIDs.
No issues with AppleTV 4Ks wireless and hardwired.
Our MyQ wifi opener stopped working correctly after MyQ FW update more than a year ago. I had to buy their add-on wifi opener to have the app functionality (ex: knowing if the garage door is open/closed and when it occurred).

I don't bother with hiding SSIDs.
No issues with AppleTV 4Ks wireless and hardwired.
Our MyQ wifi opener stopped working correctly after MyQ FW update more than a year ago. I had to buy their add-on wifi opener to have the app functionality (ex: knowing if the garage door is open/closed and when it occurred).
Interesting. I have never had an issue (knock on wood) with my MyQ opener {Liftmaster, dealer installed), which is now about 4 years old.

Randomly , some of my 2.4G WiFi devices although appear connected at the AP, they have no functionality on the network . After reboot , they get back to proper operation

for anyone with a gtax6000 router.. how is this firmware in comparison to the stock latest asus firmware stability wise in general..

The official 3.0.0.6 firmware for me seems more like an Alpha release. It's a long time since I used it, but I recall having all manner of issues. The current 3004 based Merlin seems pretty stable for my use, but it has been set up and then pretty much just left to do it's job.
Do I have any issues? I have a couple of devices that are known to be "problematic" (get them working and them just leave them be) but that's irrespective of what router is used - they refuse point-blank to work with my BT supplied Super Hub 2!
*If I mess up the router by playing with settings the whole house suffers, so if I'm going to play with Linux I'll do it on the SBCs!

i guess it varies but alot of people seem to claim the stock firmware is alot more stable on the gtax6000. i guess ymmv.

Have used both, and RMerlin's firmware is more stable than the new 3.0.0.6 firmware line so far. I didn't have a lot of problems with the 3.0.0.6 firmware, just one in particular, but no problems with 3004.388.4 over similar periods of time.

Have used both, and RMerlin's firmware is more stable than the new 3.0.0.6 firmware line so far. I didn't have a lot of problems with the 3.0.0.6 firmware, just one in particular, but no problems with 3004.388.4 over similar periods of time.
stable in regards to what exactly? every part of the router?

Interesting. I have never had an issue (knock on wood) with my MyQ opener {Liftmaster, dealer installed), which is now about 4 years old.
I'm now on my third MyQ. Their WIFI radio is weak trash. >10 feet, it fails. With a whole host of routers, including Asus, Ubiquiti, and Google.
The BLUETOOTH (I think) i.e. sensor <> hub, is super strong. Like, it penetrates two walls without issue.
But having a blinking light and beeping in my living room when I close the door is not an option. I don't live in a cave.

I'm now on my third MyQ. Their WIFI radio is weak trash. >10 feet, it fails.

I put a cheap plug-in wifi extender in my garage.

stable in regards to what exactly? every part of the router?

Yeah, behavior of the router as a whole is stable, hence every part of the router that I use is stable. For both the GT-AX6000 and RT-AX3000.

BTW I set Auto-Logout to 30 mins and don't get logged out at all (well, after a few days anyway, multiple times).
(GT-AX6000)
Entertainingly it just worked, perhaps as I left the browser window open??? (Earlier it was still logged in after closing the browser window yesterday, unless there's some auto-logion option I missed.)

Last edited: