What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.6 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

If you are saying that Skynet is producing so much spam that your log file only goes back 10 minutes then you need to disable Skynet so you can do some sensible diagnosis.
Yeah. Did that a moment ago. Lets see. Last time was like 16h long before it happened.

If you are saying that Skynet is producing so much spam that your log file only goes back 10 minutes then you need to disable Skynet so you can do some sensible diagnosis.

I don't understand why anyone runs these silly add on's with routers that are already memory and cpu limited as it is. Causes nothing but issues.

I don't understand why anyone runs these silly add on's with routers that are already memory and cpu limited as it is. Causes nothing but issues.
Some would probably say that about Merlin Firmware too. Why use that if you can use stock. The devs of those addons certainly thinks it can be a valuable purpose they add, right?

In this case however. Skynet did just fine on previous firmware. I have added Diversion slightly before firmware upgrade, just to play around. However, think it happened with Diversion disabled too.

Some would probably say that about Merlin Firmware too. Why use that if you can use stock. The devs of those addons certainly thinks it can be a valuable purpose they add, right?

In this case however. Skynet did just fine on previous firmware. I have added Diversion slightly before firmware upgrade, just to play around. However, think it happened with Diversion disabled too.

Fair enough, but to each there own.

It might be time for a router reset. Also these 2 scripts are going thru an overhaul and they're currently being updated frequently as issues arise.

Best of luck!

Yes, a handful of people with a complaint at any given time. Hardly representative of the value of these scripts/addons.

The many (thousands, I believe) that use the scripts with their routers running flawlessly don't join here to post; 'perfect, thank you'.

Testing firmware is about testing FIRMWARE and not about testing scripts....

I have respect for all the people here who keep answering: Please test WITHOUT scripts and addons. I don't have the patience to do it myself.

It might be time for a router reset. Also these 2 scripts are going thru an overhaul and they're currently being updated frequently as issues arise.

Best of luck!
Already did (twice). Think the last time was on the beta for this firmware. Even installed and changed stuff in steps as a trial and error. But the length of the uptime... if everything from a few hours to a week. Trying something and you might see the result next week... 😉 It can easily become a very long test period. Don't have the patience to run like two weeks between every single change until everything is done, only to find that it's the combination that cause an issue, and neither part of it's own. So far, back stepping with parts disabled/unchanged has not resulted in any good proof of what happens.

I'll run with Skynet disabled for a cleaner log and hope to gather proof of an error. If some type of kernel panic happens, for example. Either way, I need to find something rather than guessing.
If Diversion or Skynet triggers it, my router should not be the only router with this issue.

If someone with the "old" AX88U has an uptime over 1 week, with Diversion and Skynet, it would be nice to know.
The usual posts regarding running fine a few hours after installation does not really tell much about the long term use.
If I didn't monitor the uptime, most of the time I would not even notice it.

Already did (twice). Think the last time was on the beta for this firmware. Even installed and changed stuff in steps as a trial and error. But the length of the uptime... if everything from a few hours to a week. Trying something and you might see the result next week... 😉 It can easily become a very long test period. Don't have the patience to run like two weeks between every single change until everything is done, only to find that it's the combination that cause an issue, and neither part of it's own. So far, back stepping with parts disabled/unchanged has not resulted in any good proof of what happens.

I'll run with Skynet disabled for a cleaner log and hope to gather proof of an error. If some type of kernel panic happens, for example. Either way, I need to find something rather than guessing.
If Diversion or Skynet triggers it, my router should not be the only router with this issue.

If someone with the "old" AX88U has an uptime over 1 week, with Diversion and Skynet, it would be nice to know.
The usual posts regarding running fine a few hours after installation does not really tell much about the long term use.
If I didn't monitor the uptime, most of the time I would not even notice it.
I've have frequently gone >10 days with everything in my signature. Recently though I have had a problem that needed a full rebuild - I appeared to have a bad flash cell so had to format jffs a few times to recover. The firmware itself has caused zero issues.

* EDIT* I've come back to correct an error. I may have had a bad cell but that was not the cause of my problem with cronjobs disappearing. That issue is still under investigation.

Last edited:
same here. Asus is crippling devices more and more with the excuse to plug security holes(which are not there)
it started with killing bootscripts, then they killed SCP and lately they also crippled curl and cru.

Synology is doing the same but at least you can still work on a root level

i switched to Merlin just to get the normal functionality back again.
as an added bonus i get a way better gui on some items and more functionality.

the more you customize/install the more unstable ANY device will get. even your iphone does not like it when ytou install to much junk.

I'm guessing this is closed source and nothing can be done. But in parental control, I went to set up wifi times for kids. I put in a block time x to x, and it blocked it 24/7, tried changing to an online time from x to x, and it still blocked it 24/7. Had to disable it.

I'm guessing this is closed source and nothing can be done. But in parental control, I went to set up wifi times for kids. I put in a block time x to x, and it blocked it 24/7, tried changing to an online time from x to x, and it still blocked it 24/7. Had to disable it.
I played around with it to my son's annoyance and here it works.

A full reset on a previous version (even a Beta) is different from a full reset on the exact firmware you want to use.

IMO, @swejuggalo, you have yet to test this properly.

When even toggling settings on/off may leave the router in an unknown state, moving from a fully reset Beta to Release is not testing the Release. There may very well be unknown interactions between the two in your particular environment and your particular settings, options, and scripts used.

Have a screener?
timescedule.png
time_scedule_1.JPG

I've have frequently gone >10 days with everything in my signature. Recently though I have had a problem that needed a full rebuild - I appeared to have a bad flash cell so had to format jffs a few times to recover. The firmware itself has caused zero issues.
Nice to hear. Then I start the process of full wipe again.
I've done many dirty flashes before and have never really needed this amount of trial and error.

I guess I've forgotten which hardware you guys are discussing, but I've been running the 6b1 (which I believe checked out the same as the release) for 28 days and change on a GT-AX6000. What's your issue?

Correction: I just checked and except for compiled-in timestamps &c.. all files check out the same between 6b1 and 6 release, except that there are changes in the release version for:
/usr/networkmap/networkmap.oui.js
/www/help.js
/www/QoS_Stats.asp