What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.6 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

After several years running pretty stable it's the second event of router "freezing" (not replying to pings / web unresponsive neither ssh).

The logs presented several entries like this one

kernel: FPM Pool 1:nvalid token 0x2db20000 freed

After it

kernel: FPM Pool 0: pool full

Its a pretty simple install : AX88U - Main Router with 2 aiMesh (Ax88u and AC86u), no software add_ons.

I'll start to schedule system reboots weekly, as it seems to be how long it's "surviving" now. Far from ideal and my historical experience with this hardware and software.

Any ideas ?

After several years running pretty stable it's the second event of router "freezing" (not replying to pings / web unresponsive neither ssh).

The logs presented several entries like this one

kernel: FPM Pool 1:nvalid token 0x2db20000 freed

After it

kernel: FPM Pool 0: pool full

Its a pretty simple install : AX88U - Main Router with 2 aiMesh (Ax88u and AC86u), no software add_ons.

I'll start to schedule system reboots weekly, as it seems to be how long it's "surviving" now. Far from ideal and my historical experience with this hardware and software.

Any ideas ?

Backup your configuration and JFFS portion
Reset your other AX88U, the one that is a node
Install merlin on the once a node AX88U
Restore the JFFS portion and configuration and make this your new primary router

I expect your router will stay up. In this case you can try running the faulty AX88U as a node.

Good luck,

Morris

Backup your configuration and JFFS portion
Reset your other AX88U, the one that is a node
Install merlin on the once a node AX88U
Restore the JFFS portion and configuration and make this your new primary router

I expect your router will stay up. In this case you can try running the faulty AX88U as a node.

Good luck,

Morris
Thanks.

Hard to believe it’s a faulty device after 3 “rock/solid” years.

Will try it in phases. Full reset / wait / replace.

Thanks again.

Hello, I have been using my RT-AX56U (3004.388.6) for a long time without any problems, but today for a few minutes all my devices connected to the wireless network lost access to the internet and the wireless network connection. The following message was repeated 5-6 times in the log, is this message related to the issue I encountered?
kernel: CFG80211-ERROR) wl_cfg80211_send_action_frame : Failed to send Action Frame(retry 6)

After restarting the router I saw that Stubby version 0.4.2 was started, but there is a newer version in the GitHub repo. Is it necessary to upgrade Stubby to the latest version? Thanks!

Hello, I have been using my RT-AX56U (3004.388.6) for a long time without any problems, but today for a few minutes all my devices connected to the wireless network lost access to the internet and the wireless network connection. The following message was repeated 5-6 times in the log, is this message related to the issue I encountered?
kernel: CFG80211-ERROR) wl_cfg80211_send_action_frame : Failed to send Action Frame(retry 6)

After restarting the router I saw that Stubby version 0.4.2 was started, but there is a newer version in the GitHub repo. Is it necessary to upgrade Stubby to the latest version? Thanks!
No. Stubby is built into the Merlin firmware. Can not be upgraded until the new version is compiled in the firmware.

0.4.3 only contains two changes. First one is for systemd (which Asuswrt does not use), and the second one is only a log tweak. That's why I didn't bother updating to it.

35+ days... solid as a rock...

1708877110625.png

You're the only one reporting this after the firmware has been available for a month, so I recommend you double check your settings.
Unless the upgrade changes settings - I definitely did not change any after the flash.
I have been using custom firmware for nearly 20 years.
Using Merlin since it started basically.
I did check settings btw. Nothing out of the ordinary.

i like to report NAT Problem with VPN Director when i add rule to Nat Single IP 192.168.77.30/24 to vpn concoction the whole subnet 92.168.77.0/24 redirected to vpn connection

FYI,
@RMerlin
This latest release (3004.388.6) breaks my GT-AX6000 !

All of 2.4 GHz wireless, guest networks, and AIMesh.

Upgraded from 3004.388.4
Upgrade appeared to go fine (no warnings or errors during)
But I slowly realized my 2.4 G network wasn't working. Don't have that much on 2.4 so it was not immediately obvious.

Rolled back to 388.4 and all function restored.

Time for a complete reset of router if you decide to upgrade the fw again!

i like to report NAT Problem with VPN Director when i add rule to Nat Single IP 192.168.77.30/24 to vpn concoction the whole subnet 92.168.77.0/24 redirected to vpn connection
192.168.77.30/24 is the same as 192.168.77.0/24 - I will include all IPs in that subnet.

If you want the a single IP then you just use 192.168.77.30

You can use this tool to work out CIDR ranges.

1708903513450.png

Attachments

• 1708903490379.png
    1708903490379.png
    73.8 KB · Views: 18
That error is in inadyn, not in your SSL certificate.

If you create a custom inadyn.conf, then you must also provide the path to the CA bundle.

Code:
ca-trust-file = /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
Where?

I've add it inside inadyn.conf file and it's giving me parsing error.

Code:
provider cloudflare.com {
      username = X
      password = X
      hostname = X
      ttl = 1 # optional, value of 1 is 'automatic'.
      proxied = true
      checkip-command = "nvram get wan0_ipaddr"
      ca-trust-file = /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
12 }

Edit - forget.
It must be outside provider brackets.

Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.6_2 is now available.

Code:
3004.388.6_2 (26-Feb-2024)
  - UPDATED: dnsmasq to 2.90 (resolves CVE 2023-50868 and CVE 2023-50387).
  - FIXED: LACP support was missing on the XT12.

Feeling a little bad I couldn't wait,
Though with only a couple of hours in, it's working nicely!
Thanks @RMerlin

Hello,

I have just updated my AX88U router (3004.388.4 version to the new 3004.388.6_2) followed by a manual WPS reset and everything is working perfectly (LAN/WAN/WIFI)

However, the line "Format JFFS partition at next boot" is missing. Is this normal ?

3004.388.4 version :
1709025862084.png

3004.388.6_2 version :
1709025880900.png

Thanks to Merlin and the testers ;)

Last edited:
T
Hello,

I have just updated my AX88U router (3004.388.4 version to the new 3004.388.6_2) followed by a manual WPS reset and everything is working perfectly (LAN/WAN/WIFI)

However, the line "Format JFFS partition at next boot" is missing. Is this normal ?

3004.388.4 version :
View attachment 56796

3004.388.6_2 version :
View attachment 56797

Thanks to Merlin and the testers ;)
Mine's the same. It was always going to be removed since the inception of jffs2

Hello,

Yes, ASUS changed in newer GPLs where it saves some important setting, and some got transferred to the JFFS. Would be a BAD idea to just format it now...