What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.6 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Just updated, all good except I had to restart my mesh node, which was a bit of a pain as I had to wander through to the other side of the house in my underwear and got that weird look from my daughter as I crossed the landing as she was also still wandering around in the middle of the night as well for some reason.

If they had here a laughter reaction, I would probably vote that.😂

Upgraded all the gear here as well. All good. No issues to report.

RIP uptime... sigh...

Manually updated on my ax11000 pro and wifi went completely down. tried rebooting and reinstalling the update but nothing worked, had to downgrade back to 3004.388.6 and everything was back working fine.
anyone else have this issue?

FYI, icons were not a problem after I let the router idle for my normal 15+ minutes after flashing (both main and node), and then rebooting after an additional hour (or more).

Even after the firmware is updated, the router has to implement the update. And a reboot makes sure it does.

Still no problem with the latest firmware... no errors in the logs.
1709106814668.png

1709105847037.png

Last edited:
I clicked on the flashing update notification - it checked but never presented an UPDATE button. I updated manually. Is this a bug or a feature?

noUpdateButton.PNG

I clicked on the flashing update notification - it checked but never presented an UPDATE button. I updated manually. Is this a bug or a feature?

View attachment 56844
Merlin firmware is distributed in a zip file. The file needs to be downloaded, unzipped and the upgrade file manually loaded. This is by design not an error.

With that said, there is an add on that will do the process automatically.

Well...had to back out anyway - Backupmon to the rescue! I seemed to be able to only get 1 radio on at a time. 5ghz devices connected but NONE of my IOT stuff would! When I toggled the 2.4 band off/on they came up, but I lost 5 ghz devices. Probably just need an install from scratch - will try again when I have time.

Well...had to back out anyway - Backupmon to the rescue! I seemed to be able to only get 1 radio on at a time. 5ghz devices connected but NONE of my IOT stuff would! When I toggled the 2.4 band off/on they came up, but I lost 5 ghz devices. Probably just need an install from scratch - will try again when I have time.
Try double flash (yes, twice), you'd be surprised how many times it can work... 😉

Having connection problems with wireless with the latest release. WiFi works after (re)boot but disconnects after a couple of minutes and devices can't connect again. Tried power cycling, rebooting, etc. but problem persists so I had to downgrade to previous release.

Updated and everything working fine.

Having connection issues. Certain devices won’t connect to wifi. I tried the install twice and both times I couldn’t get certain devices back online. Went back to 388.6 and all is fine. Seems others are having the same issue.

edit: AX-88u as main router, AX-58u running as an AP. AX-88u definitely had issues, rolled back to 388.6 on both just to be safe.

Last edited:
Hello,

I'm still running 3004.388.6_0. I've noticed that the WebUI shows there is a new version, but the update-notification script didn't get called.

Any ideas why? Thanks!
I have the same problem, got no notification either. Same as last time.
Any log messages?
Code:
grep update-notif /jffs/syslog.log-1 /jffs/syslog.log
ls -l /jffs/scripts/update-notification

Manually updated on my ax11000 pro and wifi went completely down. tried rebooting and reinstalling the update but nothing worked, had to downgrade back to 3004.388.6 and everything was back working fine.
anyone else have this issue?
Tried to install twice and both times I had connection issues. Certain devices just would not connect to wifi. Went back to 388.6 and 0 issues. Very odd as it’s a small release but seems we’re not alone. Ax-88u as the router and Ax-58u setup as AP. Unsure if the 58 was having an issue or not but went back to 388.6 just to be safe.