What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.7 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Try channel 60 fixed @ 80 MHz.

Try channel 60 fixed @ 80 MHz.
Like this in the options ?
1715269337475.png

Last edited:
@Dedel66

It's done, but I'm now standing over a yellow router :

Wouldn't it be better to switch to 160 MHz ? No one should have their box on this frequency, so if I'm the only one, it would be better ?

Last edited:
I noticed on my router that at some point Roaming Assistant was visible and enabled. I could have sworn it either wasn't there before, or if it was, it was disabled. Maybe it became visible when I switched to my GT-AX6000. Disabling it solved some issues that had popped up.

No one should have their box on this frequency, so if I'm the only one, it would be better ?
It COULD be better... But it depends also on the cpabilities of your clients.

@Dedel66

It's done, but I'm now standing over a yellow router :

Wouldn't it be better to switch to 160 MHz ? No one should have their box on this frequency, so if I'm the only one, it would be better ?
View attachment 58594
There seems to be some confusion here. 160MHz is not channel 160.

I noticed on my router that at some point Roaming Assistant was visible and enabled. I could have sworn it either wasn't there before, or if it was, it was disabled. Maybe it became visible when I switched to my GT-AX6000. Disabling it solved some issues that had popped up.
thank you for this information. I'll leave it on disable. I only have one router anyway, so I don't need this option.

There seems to be some confusion here. 160MHz is not channel 160.
Yes, I understand. Maybe I'm not expressing myself well. In 160 Mhz the worry I'll have is surely that my equipment will no longer connect ?

It will connect...

@ Unetwork
I don’t think your issue is specific to this release. Might be better creating a new thread instead of spamming this one. If I’m wrong don’t hesitate to tell me. Thanks.

@ Unetwork
I don’t think your issue is specific to this release. Might be better creating a new thread instead of spamming this one. If I’m wrong don’t hesitate to tell me. Thanks.
No problem, sorry for the inconvenience.

@Dedel66 Well, in the end, I'm not convinced. I'm thinking of setting the bandwidth and channel back to automatic mode. On the 60, I'm still straddling a box so nothing changes. I'll continue to disable the roaming assistant though.
And for messages in the logs :
May 9 16:46:57 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(831): eth7: Radar detected
May 9 16:46:57 cfg_server: cm_updateChanspec call wl_chanspec_changed_action
May 9 16:46:57 cfg_server: event: wl_chanspec_changed_action_a101 of eid(2) of cfgs(1280)
May 9 16:46:58 acsd: eth7: NONACSD channel switching to channel spec: 0xe37a (128/80)
The router should take care of itself, without disconnecting the devices...

Last edited:
Tell me: RT-AX68U (BCM490x - B53 ARMv8 revision 0 (Cores: 2) @ 1800 MHz).
After resetting the settings and setting up Wi-Fi only after 25 minutes of work without load CPU Load Average (1, 5, 15 mins): 2.01, 2.01, 1.70. Is this 100% system load (for a 2-core processor)?
Temperatures 2.4 GHz: 43°C - 5 GHz: 45°C - CPU: 58°C
At the same time, the processor load on the main page is 1-5%
Is this how it should be?

I have just made an analysis of the surrounding waves and it shows this. The other routers in the vicinity all use the 80 mhz band apparently...
So if I switch to 160 Mhz it would be a good thing ? but what channel number should I use ? (auto or a fixed number ?)
160 mhz is a good thing if you are in the same room as router or within20 feet other than that it is not a good choice , I get full 1 gb wireless on 160 mhz 15 feet from router 700-850 mbps on 80mhz 40 feet away with a few walls

160 mhz is a good thing if you are in the same room as router or within20 feet other than that it is not a good choice , I get full 1 gb wireless on 160 mhz 15 feet from router 700-850 mbps on 80mhz 40 feet away with a few walls
Thank you for this information.
Given the distance between my router and my rooms, I'm not going to force 160 Mhz.
I think I finally found the right compremis => 80 Mhz forced and channel 52.
1715331197210.png

I'm just superimposing another router (I used to superimpose four on channel 100 in automatic mode !)
Now on channel 52 I'll probably have less interference.
I also disable the roaming assistant, which is not useful in my case.
Thanks also to @Dedel66 ; @MDM for advising me to change this.
1715331210979.png

Last edited:
@Dedel66 Before closing this debate, I saw that you're on channel 48. In my case, would I have to switch from 52 to 48 ?
I understand that it's preferable not to use DFS channels, and 48 isn't one of them.