What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.7 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@Dedel66 Before closing this debate, I saw that you're on channel 48. In my case, would I have to switch from 52 to 48 ?
I understand that it's preferable not to use DFS channels, and 48 isn't one of them.
My 2 cents: try 20/40/80 and channel 40.

In my case, would I have to switch from 52 to 48 ?
You may try different channels from 36 to 52 and decide which on is the best for you. I bet you will see no difference at all.
Perhaps take a look at my settings that I provided some postings above ;)

it's true. I don't see any difference.
So I decided to leave it at 52 as in my previous image.
As for the bandwidth, I'll leave it on auto. In any case, on auto, the router always chooses 80 Mhz, so there's no point in forcing it, I think.
1715349573254.png

@RMerlin we want ax-89x support :(
In addition to the sticked/tacked FAQ Read Me First post that Rmerlin just posted addressing unsupported routers, see their reply a few years ago to someone asking that it be supported:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/rt-ax89x-firmware-development-lag.76900/page-2#post-739842
Not gonna happen as I don't work with Qualcomm devices. Plus, there's nothing I can do about anything related to wifi or the 10G controller.

On GT-AXE16000 still see memory leakage when use NVME disk (2TB), and use ftp copy or music streaming etc.
memory increase every 10sec by 1 % until hit 99% and router start drops connections,
even close all task dosen't release memory, just any usage of disk transfer consuming 1% memory every 10sec.

On GT-AXE16000 still see memory leakage when use NVME disk (2TB), and use ftp copy or music streaming etc.
memory increase every 10sec by 1 % until hit 99% and router start drops connections,
even close all task dosen't release memory, just any usage of disk transfer consuming 1% memory every 10sec.
To be honest I would move this to a NAS and not be doing this on the router.

The memory going to 97% or higher on file transfers to/from a external USB hard drive attached to an Asus router is a known subject mentioned in other posts here on SNBForums. One suggestion is to "drop" (clear) the router cache periodically if you insist on using the router as a full fledged NAS. But as the previous poster indicated, if you need an NAS, then get (or build) one rather than taxing the router and it's typically lower power hardware (processor and RAM). Example code to run via SSH on the Asus router to drop the cache at least temporarily. Try running one of the following lines (not the "or" line).
Code:
sync; echo 1 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches
or
sync && echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches
or
free && sync && echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches && free
The following post explains how a person used a crontab job and a script to clear the cache at a set time every day:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...e-for-select-models.81644/page-24#post-801602

Thanks @bennor for this temporary solution:), I have alredy 1 NAS and think to build another with 10GBE,
but not suspect such problems with AXE16000 starting with 10G link and Aquantia aqc107 in Rampage VI motherboard,
WiFi buffering, till this problem with some media streaming as this router is 2-3 years on the market so any childhood diseases should be cured.
My old RT-AC87U was not having this problem with strimming (have other everyone knowed :)).

@RMerlin

I noticed that the "format jffs partition on next boot" is missing in this release. You wrote in below post that this is
missing from models XT12, GT-AX6000, GT-AXE16000 and GT-AX11000_Pro. I have an AX86U. Have I missed something here ?

@RMerlin

I noticed that the "format jffs partition on next boot" is missing in this release. You wrote in below post that this is
missing from models XT12, GT-AX6000, GT-AXE16000 and GT-AX11000_Pro. I have an AX86U. Have I missed something here ?

It's been long gone — neither effective, nor necessary.

@RMerlin

It's never been there. These router uses the UBIFS filesystem, not JFFS. And since the router now stores a lot of its configuration there, erasing its content makes no sense unless you were doing a factory default reset.

The last router that used JFFS was the RT-AC5300.

It's never been there. These router uses the UBIFS filesystem, not JFFS. And since the router now stores a lot of its configuration there, erasing its content makes no sense unless you were doing a factory default reset.

The last router that used JFFS was the RT-AC5300.

Understood. So when you do a factory reset is this partition re-initialized /emptied ?

Understood. So when you do a factory reset is this partition re-initialized /emptied ?
Have you noticed the little tick next to factory reset..? 😉

Yes I did. But there there is no mention of JFFS.
RMerlin just wrote you, you only have UBIFS now, and obviously that button resets the whole partition..

But only with (during) a factory reset. It is not possible to do it independently like it was before on older routers with JFFS2.

I see where temperature is now shown in System Info and it really looks nice.
But, can I change from Celsius to Fahrenheit?