What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 374.39 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

i have only found caching to be annoying with this router. it causes many problems when connecting another router with the same browser. especially with firefox. with chrome i dont know if the problem exists. chrome sucks anyways tho. :p

for example i hook up to my d link with the same ip as the asus (obviously while the asus isnt connected this is a seperate network) and it would load a bunch of asus pages. and pointless stuff.

then when i go to change wifi settings on my actiontec v1000h which i have set to 192.168.1.2 it causes problems too. i cant even save a setting in firefox without error. but in IE it works flawlessly.

Last edited:
i have only found caching to be annoying with this router. it causes many problems when connecting another router with the same browser. especially with firefox. with chrome i dont know if the problem exists. chrome sucks anyways tho. :p

for example i hook up to my d link with the same ip as the asus (obviously while the asus isnt connected this is a seperate network) and it would load a bunch of asus pages. and pointless stuff.

then when i go to change wifi settings on my actiontec v1000h which i have set to 192.168.1.2 it causes problems too. i cant even save a setting in firefox without error. but in IE it works flawlessly.

Howdy,
Not to be to caddy.... but it sounds like your barking up the wrong tree. Call firefox and tell them to fix there stuff.:eek:

Upgrade Tool

Hi guys, I would like to know if i can use "asus configuration upgrade tool" to upgrade the DDR clock rate on Merlin's firmware , or are there any alternatives I'm currently using 3.0.0.4.374.39
Thanks

AC-68U

Last edited:
Great, this firmware actually logs you out when you logoff. Before you have to close the browser to force the router to ask for credentials, now you don't have to.:cool: Thanks.

Rt-N66U
W8.1 64 bit
IE11

Great, this firmware actually logs you out when you logoff. Before you have to close the browser to force the router to ask for credentials, now you don't have to.:cool: Thanks.

Rt-N66U
W8.1 64 bit
IE11

That was done by Asus in 374_583.

Hi guys, I would like to know if i can use "asus configuration upgrade tool" to upgrade the DDR clock rate on Merlin's firmware , or are there any alternatives I'm currently using 3.0.0.4.374.39
Thanks

AC-68U

Yes, that will work.

I don't find the upgrade file for the AC66U.

The file is definitely there, with nearly 200 downloads already. Try refreshing the page, or clearing your browser cache.

Could also be Mediafire's servers not being properly in sync.

VPN now works!

The Problem that there was now dataflow with a connection with VPN PPTP is now... resolved! It works!!!! All Looks stable and good!

Thank you Merlin!

;-)

the dns filter is awesome! you can whitelist googledns by mac address. does this have a built in function to update your IP at opendns?

i have it working by setting google dns on the wan page; already had dnsomatic updating my ip for opendns. set the global filter to opendns and it uses your account settings attached to the updated IP. cool stuff.

It never ceases to amaze me how quickly you get these releases out even after you've said you're taking a break.

SDK5 builds for the RT-N66U are officially discontinued. The recent EM builds has shown that they are good enough to replace what was a painfully hacked together build (those sdk5 builds).

I hope you can work some magic on the minidlna performance too this is the only thing keeping me on sdk5 now.

The connection to the TV is fully wired. I don't know what else to test really storage device and file format make no difference. I get regular audio skipping on HD content with occasionally on the video which is pretty much flawless on sdk5

I will test this release at some point, but it seemed to be sdk6 across the board before.

Last edited:
Hey Merlin!

Thanks for another release.

Do you recommend factory reset while moving from 3.0.0.4.374.38_2
on RT-N66U?

Thanks again, I love the per device DNS filtering so much another donations just been sent :)

Hi Merlin,

Thanks for this release, but I can't get my ipv6 connection working with this release like in the .2239 asus release. My modem (fritzbox 7360) is configured as ipv6 dhcp server for my rt-ac66u which is configured with IPv6 DHCP-PD. This is the only way I could get it working (in router mode) for asus .2050 and earlier firmwares. I will stick with the .2050 asus release for now to see how stable this firmware runs.

What I can tell from the ipv6 tab is that everything gets assigned except for the LAN ipv6 values after I switch the WAN connection off and on.

Last edited:
@melin

Many Many thanks for fixing dns suffix issues !!! :D

Merlin, thank you for the new dns filtering feature and the explanation behind the scene between router's httpd and browser. I appreciate the UI responsiveness as I always found my old rt-n16 and wrt54gl snappier to navigate. Now I can really see the ac66u is on par.

Last night, I tried out the dns filtering by adding an iPad to Norton connect safe. Somehow, even after removing it from the list, the iPad is still blocked by Norton (I have to reboot the router). I guess, it has to do with the caching and I did not wait long enough!?

--

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!