What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 374.40 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite a few users complained about the newer one, and I didn't recall any complain from that previous one. So, I just wanted to play it safe for now.

The driver changed for the AC66u again? I did not read that in the release notes for 374.40 I just reset my router when 374.40 beta 1 came out as I read several complaints from AC66u users, should I reset again now that I have flashed to 374.40 final?

The driver changed for the AC66u again? I did not read that in the release notes for 374.40 I just reset my router when 374.40 beta 1 came out as I read several complaints from AC66u users, should I reset again now that I have flashed to 374.40 final?

Try it first and see for yourself if it's actually needed or not. Not everyone's environment is the same.

I can't remember the last time I've done a factory default reset on my AC68U that acts as my primary router.

Attachments

• mh.jpg
    mh.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 538
Thanks for all your hard work Merlin - I've been using your firmware for awhile and have always found it to be a great improvement over the other firmwares :)

I just upgraded my RT-N16 from 3.0.0.4.374.33 to 374.40 and ran into a ton of instability - the router wouldn't stay up for more than a few minutes before it would reboot on its own. I spent some time tracking this down and eventually figured out the issue - I'm running entware with knockd, and every time knockd starts the router reboots within a minute or two. I did a full factory reset, reformatted my USB drive as ext3, reformatted JFFS, and set up the router and entware completely from scratch again, and found that even after doing this the router would still reboot within a minute or two of starting knockd. Since knockd gets added to /opt/etc/init.d/ it gets auto-started when the router boots, which ends up putting the router into a nasty reboot loop that can only be fixed by unplugging the USB drive that has all the entware stuff on it.

Do you have any thoughts on what I might be able to do to fix this? My first guess is that libpcap (which gets installed with knockd) is the problem since it loads a kernel module, but that's just a random guess that's not really based on anything.

For reference here's my /opt/etc/knockd.conf with just the port numbers changed:

Code:
[options]
        logfile = /opt/var/log/knockd.log

[opencloseRDP]
        sequence      = 1234,2345,3456,4567
        seq_timeout   = 15
        tcpflags      = syn
        start_command = iptables -t nat -A VSERVER -p tcp -m tcp -s %IP% --dport 3389 -j DNAT --to 192.168.1.10:3389
        cmd_timeout   = 30
        stop_command  = iptables -t nat -D VSERVER -p tcp -m tcp -s %IP% --dport 3389 -j DNAT --to 192.168.1.10:3389

Thanks for any advice you might have, even if it's just to stop using knockd :)

Wireless temp

Hi after flash to .40 from .39 i see that temp of wifi is 1-2 C higher than .39 is this normal or there is another reason to that?

Hi after flash to .40 from .39 i see that temp of wifi is 1-2 C higher than .39 is this normal or there is another reason to that?

Blame global warming, more seriously though these routers are designed to run at 80 degrees or so. If your really concerned about lowering this a small USB fan can reduce temps to the 60 degrees mark and lower depending on the amount and size of the fans.

Rock Solid for me

after +26hrs on RT-AC68U_3.0.0.4_374.40_beta3

So far, So long, No more "WAN Connection: ISP's DHCP did not function properly."
http://forums.smallnetbuilder.com/showthread.php?p=108954#post108954

only 2 small things
VPN config was mezzed up, after flash without reseting nvram.
((pptp was enabled and openvpn changed to instance 2))
One switch from standby to disconnect on 3G dongle.
((could be operator haven't checked))

thanks Merlin
going to contribute, when next salary arrives

Last Night Same problem (random reboots) here.

router: RT-AC68U
fw: 40-beta3

For such a small change, I would not assume that the measurement is accurate. It's a toss-up between an actual temp rise and a change in the measuring method. There is nothing to worry about in any case.

cheers, RMerlin and devs!

thanks for all your contributions and attention. a lot of time is eaten by this little hobby :) - my sixth sense saw this coming lol

Rock solid for me too so far on AC68R b3

Uptime 1 days 0 hours 5 minutes 32 seconds

Temperatures 2.4 GHz: 53°C - 5 GHz: 54°C - CPU: 83°C

Last edited:
Greetings,

Asuswrt-Merlin 374.40 is now available for download. This release mostly focused on integrating the latest Asus GPL (with its security fixes), polishing DNSFilter, and fixing various bugs.

[...]

[*]On the model-specific front, the RT-N16 build has been fixed [...]. A

Hi Merlin!

1th of all: thank you for the great job!

Now, concerning RT-N16 model, I want to report that I had to downgrade from 374.40_beta2 to 374.40_beta1 in order to get back IPV6 connectivity (setup with the help of your howto at the wiki section - github, thanks again!) and started having issues with wifi connections as well... With 374.40_beta1 everything seems working well and system looks very stable. When I'll get a moment, I'll try this new 374.40.
Joao

Bug report: RT-N66U, Firmware: 374.40 (Merlin build)

Parental control
It is no longer possible to disable individual clients in the client list. Changes
in the list will not stick after applying.

How to reproduce: Uncheck a client in the list and then click Apply.

Is there a change to the maximum number of characters for the admin password?

I just updated my NT-R66U to 374.40 and did a factory reset by pressing the reset button the router (the way I've always done it). I was greeted with the setup screen and was prompted to change the admin password, which I did, to the strong password that I have used.

At that point I was prompted to authN but was denied. It was as if the password wasn't recognized or otherwise incorrect. I reset the router again and very carefully re-entered my new password and verified it in the GUI. Same thing. Tried a reboot...same thing.

I reset a third time and used a different, shorter password, and it worked. Has anything changed with regard to password length, password history, or something else that would be cause this?

EDIT: One other question...what is "aggressive mode" for DHCP query frequency in "Special Requirement for ISP" GUI under the "WAN" settings? Is it recommended to keep on the default of "aggressive mode" or can it be set to "normal"...what is the difference?

Last edited:
As of today i am also an official user of Merlin fw!
Scheduled stealth mode is awesome :)

Howdy,

2 RT-N66U units both with 374.40
1 as router and 1 as AP, both working fine here.

firmware loaded, factory reset, re-configured both from the ground up.

working good.

Thank you Merlin in your quest.

I just hope users read your post, and read the forums before asking questions which do not have answers.:) Kinda like where is the .40 for the AC68---:confused: Or when... *(answer=when its ready) :D

Merlin build 374.40 works good here.

I get this in the systemlogg, is it normal? (latest stable merlin firmware)

Mar 8 17:24:02 nmbd[362]: [2014/03/08 17:24:02, 0] nmbd/nmbd_browsesync.c:find_domain_master_name_query_fail(351)
Mar 8 17:24:02 nmbd[362]: find_domain_master_name_query_fail:
Mar 8 17:24:02 nmbd[362]: Unable to find the Domain Master Browser name WORKGROUP<1b> for the workgroup WORKGROUP.
Mar 8 17:24:02 nmbd[362]: Unable to sync browse lists in this workgroup.

I also get this:
Mar 8 17:50:35 openvpn[470]: event_wait : Interrupted system call (code=4)
Mar 8 17:50:35 openvpn[470]: TITLE,OpenVPN 2.3.2 mipsel-unknown-linux-gnu [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [EPOLL] [eurephia] [MH] [IPv6] built on Mar 6 2014
Mar 8 17:50:35 openvpn[470]: TIME,Sat Mar 8 17:50:35 2014,1394297435
Mar 8 17:50:35 openvpn[470]: HEADER,CLIENT_LIST,Common Name,Real Address,Virtual Address,Bytes Received,Bytes Sent,Connected Since,Connected Since (time_t),Username
Mar 8 17:50:35 openvpn[470]: HEADER,ROUTING_TABLE,Virtual Address,Common Name,Real Address,Last Ref,Last Ref (time_t)
Mar 8 17:50:35 openvpn[470]: GLOBAL_STATS,Max bcast/mcast queue length,0
Mar 8 17:50:35 openvpn[470]: END

Can I disable that?

Last edited:
As of today i am also an official user of Merlin fw!
Scheduled stealth mode is awesome :)

What do you mean by: Scheduled stealth mode? Where do you find that feature? Or how do you schedule Stealth Mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!