What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 374.40 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy RT-AC66U .40 version owner. Using merlin's build for almost 3 months, everything goes awesome. Just one very small issue, about codification or something;
espaol.png

Here is wrong, without the Ñ of ESPAÑOL
But here is right;
espa_ol.png

Anyway, thank you so much.

Known issue, already fixed for the next release. It was an UTF8 encoding issue with one of the Javascript files, causing the web content to only be shown as ISO.

Known issue, already fixed for the next release. It was an UTF8 encoding issue with one of the Javascript files, causing the web content to only be shown as ISO.

Any idea when there will be a new Merlin release ?

Uptime on RT-N66U

So after disabling HW acceleration, my router stayed up for ~2 weeks without a reboot.

Since Merlin released 374.41 beta1 today, I've upgraded and will see how things go with HW acceleration disabled during the beta. Post final release for 374.41 I'll enable and see how things go.

So far no issues with 374.41 beta1.

I'm on the latest OEM firmware and mine is doing that too.
are you getting this:
Settings have been updated. Web page will now refresh.
Changes have been made to the IP address or port number. You will now be disconnected from RT-AC56U.
To access the settings of RT-AC56U, reconnect to the wireless network and use the updated IP address and port number.​
have you changed the IP address of the router? I use 10.10.1.x for my primary.
I'm thinking of just going back to 192.168.1.x

I get that sometimes when visiting the VPN settings page. I do not use the default LAN subnet either.

I get that sometimes when visiting the VPN settings page. I do not use the default LAN subnet either.

There was a bug that could cause the web server to crash when accessing the OpenVPN configuration pages. It should be resolved in 374.41.

Been up for 26 days. Everything's running Well. Only problem is android devices have fluctuating wireless signal (2.4 ghz) and sometimes shows that there's no signal to the router.

Questions - Firmware and Gargoyle

Just purchased an Asus RT-AC68U that has firmware 3.0.0.4.374_5656.

1) Should I upgrade to Merlin and what do I win and lose doing that?

2) Is it possible to use Gargoyle in conjunction with Merlin? I'd like to open an account with limited bandwidth to the general public (why not share) but limit bandwidth and priority. Asus guest accounts unfortunately are limited in that regard.

Can anyone provide answers?

Asus firmware 5656 is the latest Asus release it woks good for most. The latest Merlin release is 42 what one you want to use it your choice Merlin's firmware has more features and is also rock solid for most. As far as Gargoyle I have no clue.

374.40 is quite old by now, and has been replaced with both 374.41 and 374.42.

Locking this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!