What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 374.40 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which version of .40 are you on? You want to be on ALPHA4 if you are having reboots. The reboots are a known issue, and they're not present in ALPHA4. We're waiting on a fix from Asus.

The alpha 4 build is only for the RT-AC68U.

Yup - 24 days 11 hours 57 minutes 9 seconds without a reboot on Alpha 4 for the RT-AC68U

Great stuff!

having some issues with the WiFi connection on 68U
using beta3

for Note3, not sure what's going on
on 4G, the Speedtest completes successfully. both Download and Upload
on WiFi, connected to 5GHz, I get 250 Download and 0 Upload (as in it just hangs at 0, the test does not complete)

for Vita, I can still download from the PlayStation Store... but it's slow
If I do the Internet Connection Test, I get
- 32 Mbps Download
- 145.3 kbps Upload
which is honestly horrible...
and the note that says "The router in use may not support IP fragment packets, and some network features of your PS Vita system may be restricted.

for PS3, I can still download from the PSN Store.. speeds seem okay.
but if I do the Internet Connection Test, I get
- Download
- Upload
and the note that says "The router in use may not support IP fragment, and some network features of some games may be restricted.

I'm not sure what's going on

"The router in use may not support IP fragment, and some network features of some games may be restricted."

This normally indicates you have got QOS enabled - have you tried turning it off and re-running the test?

"The router in use may not support IP fragment, and some network features of some games may be restricted."

This normally indicates you have got QOS enabled - have you tried turning it off and re-running the test?

hmm QoS is currently disabled on my AC68U :/

14 days 5 hours on Merlins 370.40 beta3 and I haven’t had any reboots. AC68U with three drives connected to the router. Everything seems to be working well even AiCloud.

I am struggling with IPv6 (ISP native) on 374.40

The IPv6 pre-fix/DNS bug seems to have been fixed, but when I am accessing certain websites they will not load - either showing in the status bar "Waiting for xxx.com" (unc.edu for example) or "Establishing secure connection" (Facebook). All the websites that do not work support IPv6 (I think). However the strange thing is sites like http://ipv6.google.com and http://test-ipv6.com work fine.

At first, I thought it was a problem with my Mac, Chrome or Safari. But I found the same problem is occurring on my Windows machines.

If I disable IPv6 on the router, then all sites load again without any issues. There are no errors in the System Log.

I have tried renewing my DHCP settings and also flushing the DNS cache, but without luck.

The only solution I have is to run 'networksetup -setv6off Ethernet' and disable IPv6 on my Mac.

Din any of the RT-N66U users experienced random reboots ?:mad:

I upgraded last Friday from .39-em to .40 and noticed yesterday in the logs the router rebooted sometime friday night ... it seems everything is ok since...

The same suspicious behavior was happening also with 39-em, the router rebooted a couple of times, but i did not mention at that time because i thought it was something wrong with my setup ... I did a factory reset and reconfigured from scratch and for a couple of days it was ok, and then i upgraded to 40...

If it wasn't for the hardware acceleration tweak which i need for my gigabit pppoe connection i would go back to .26b without a wink ... any build past .26b was a complete disappointment for me...

This morning after 19 days uptime the router crashed again :confused:...

Unlikely, as the RT-N66U uses a completely different SDK.

Try disabling NAT acceleration (under LAN -> Switch) and see if it helps. Some ISPs have trouble with it, some people also reported stability issues using an IPv6 tunnel with this option enabled.

Thanks Merlin. I've disabled HW NAT acceleration and we'll see how it behaves.

Last edited:
My router crashed when I had 6 torrents downloading and also were accessing my files on the same external powered hdd connected to router. Lost all connections and had to power off. Using latest firmware.
Router is Asus Rt-N66 with 1.5tb ext3 formatted hdd.
Any settings I need to change to reduce the risk of the crash in the future?

You can try reducing the number of simultaneous connections and see if it helps.

should I do a factory reset?
I don't have QoS enabled but still getting IP fragmentation issues on my PlayStation Vita

AC68U

My router crashed when I had 6 torrents downloading and also were accessing my files on the same external powered hdd connected to router. Lost all connections and had to power off. Using latest firmware.
Router is Asus Rt-N66 with 1.5tb ext3 formatted hdd.
Any settings I need to change to reduce the risk of the crash in the future?

You probably need to configure swap because you are running out of ram.

Wysłane z mojego HTC One przy użyciu Tapatalka

You probably need to configure swap because you are running out of ram.

Wysłane z mojego HTC One przy użyciu Tapatalka

additionally, it may be worth playing with any advanced read/write options of the torrent client; caching, etc

did a factory reset
using the latest beta3

having WiFi issues on my Note3 and Vita...
Note3 has issues with upload (speedtest returns 0, works fine on 4G though)
Vita has very poor speeds.. saying there's no IP Packet Fragmentation (QoS is disabled)

Asus RT-N66R - Doesn't show CPU temperature, only radio temps. Am I correct that the changelog shows this should have been fixed?

374.40 on a N66U

I have found that the network client names sometimes disappear from the client name list in parental controls leaving just IP addresses. If one adds an IP, the MAC address of the network adaptor appears and not the IP.

The names are present in Network Map > clients > client status.

Is there a work around?

Thanks

Asus RT-N66R - Doesn't show CPU temperature, only radio temps. Am I correct that the changelog shows this should have been fixed?

The CPU of the RT-N66U does not report its temperature. This is only available on the ARM-based routers such as the RT-AC56 and RT-AC68.

Hi

Sorry the IPv6 problems do not seem to be an issue with my router. I have tried a different router and get exactly the same problem.

I am very confused what is causing it.

There is still an issue with what I call 'ping spikes'. I have some monitoring on my line which sends ICMP echo request to my router every second of the day. The results are then graphed to show 100 seconds worth of pings (minimum/average/maximum). What I am seeing during periods of no activity on the router/my connection is that there are ping spikes to either 25-30ms or to 140ms:

4791c48a223fe80bd4b57a119c032335-22-03-2014.png

I have swapped routers to a very cheap Technicolor TG582N and I do not get the same kind of spikes (I see a small general rise a peak times in the average/maximum latency, but this is normal).

I have raised the issue also with Asus, but all they said is thank you for telling us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!