What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 374.42_2 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

A few additional info were posted in the OP (see the bolded section), specifically regarding 3G/4G, Time Machine and PCP support.

For 5Ghz wireless.....is it recommended to set the bandwidth @ 20/40MHz or 40MHz for best/fastest performance?

Either should be fine, unless you are in an area where there are other overlapping 5 GHz routers coming on strong.

Thanks, Merlin

but sad to say my modem is still in state "disconnected" with this version.
but kinda different entries in syslog.....
no more "Connect script failed" I think
and some new I guess
kernel: cdc_ncm 2-1:1.2: usb0: register 'cdc_ncm' at usb-0000:00:0a.1-1,
Mobile Broadband Network Device, 0c:5b:8f:27:9a:64
But I'm going to look closer

So back to 374.41_alpha4

TIA & BR

enviroment RT-AC68U in dualwan mode
LTE Huawei E3276s-150 (none hilink model "normal model") in 3G+ mode
Revision: 21.263.03.01.07
+GCAP: +CGSM,+DS,+ES
^FHVER:"E3276s-150 21.263.03.01.07,CH1E3276SM Ver.C"
AT^SETPORT?:A1,A2;10,12,16,A1,A2

Thank you Rmerlin !
Just load .42 no problem.

//Octopus

Strange post in log

Hi,
I've updated my RT-N66U, and everything seems to work. I however get this line (repeatedly) in the log:

12:26:48 cstats[352]: Problem loading /cifs1/tomato_cstats_74d02bd2cf98.gz. Still trying...

I've checked /cifs1, and it's mounted ok. All bandwidth statistics look ok.

Hi,
I've updated my RT-N66U, and everything seems to work. I however get this line (repeatedly) in the log:

12:26:48 cstats[352]: Problem loading /cifs1/tomato_cstats_74d02bd2cf98.gz. Still trying...

I've checked /cifs1, and it's mounted ok. All bandwidth statistics look ok.
Try to reset the data file unter Tools-Other Settings

Maybe I just missed the option before. In WAN-Internet Connection is a dropdown for "Redirect to error page".
If set to no will that prevent the dreaded 'Settings have been updated... Locked out' problem?

Thanks, but that didn't help. All it did was to wipe my history out.
That is what the reset does...
Try setting a new filepath, maybe.
From what version did you upgrade?

Thank you for your time you spent working on the firmware Merlin. Its really appreciated.

Is OpenVPN server 1 running by default?

I have just updated my RT-N66U from the official release 3.0.0.4_374_5517 to Merlin 374.42 and before I went to erase the nvram to populate the router with new settings I noticed on the VPN Status page that OpenVPN Server 1 was running.

I clicked on the VPN server tab and noticed that Enable VPN Server was off and server mode was set to PPTP. I changed the server mode to OpenVPN and the enable VPN server status changed to on.

I don't remember setting up any VPN servers and was sure they were all off.

Thanks

That is what the reset does...
Try setting a new filepath, maybe.
From what version did you upgrade?

Upgraded from 374.41. Changed path, and after a data file reset, it creates the *rstats*" file in that new directory, but it doesn't create any *cstats* file.

Still getting those log messages.

Upgraded from 374.41. Changed path, and after a data file reset, it creates the *rstats*" file in that new directory, but it doesn't create any *cstats* file.

Still getting those log messages.

I left the default history location RAM.
That works fine as far as I can tell.

No log messages.

Well I can't release during the day because I work ;)

I do try to release on Friday or Saturday tho, to give the weekend for people to test and report back on it. If there's any last minute issue, then that leaves me some time to push out an emergency update before the week starts.

It's much appreciated because if I got it during the day and my wife was online with school shed probably be upset lol =]

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!