What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi all

load .43 on top of 42_2 and seems to work just fine.
I have only discover, if you with Internet Explorer 11 do a page referesh "http://192.168.1.1/index.asp" have some issues when displaying page.
Can't se that with Firefox 29.0.1

Thank you for new build!

Octopus

Upgraded and can't mount USB disk.
I tried few reboots but hdd is still "unmounted"
I have never had problem like that with older firmwares...

log is here:
Jan 1 01:00:14 hotplug[470]: USB /dev/sda5(ntfs) failed to mount at the first try!
Jan 1 01:00:14 kernel: jnl: disagrees about version of symbol module_layout
Jan 1 01:00:15 kernel: FAT: utf8 is not a recommended IO charset for FAT filesystems, filesystem will be case sensitive!
Jan 1 01:00:15 kernel: FAT: utf8 is not a recommended IO charset for FAT filesystems, filesystem will be case sensitive!

Last edited:
dnsmasq now returns an empty string when queried for a WPAD proxy which resolves log noise for broken clients such as Windows 7. Note that if you were using a custom dnsmasq.conf to provide a valid WPAD URL, you will need to change your config to use a Postconf script instead, to modify the default 252 option entry in dnsmasq.conf.

Omg yes! Brilliant! Been spammed with these for ages - and never figured out how to stop them aside from hunting down the programs issuing the proxy requests

Ohh and
Traffic Monitoring for PPPoE users has been fixed, and should now report correct figures.

Definitely a release worth updating too! Thanks a lot RMerlin, and pinwing, fantom1 for the PPoE traffic fix!

Last edited:
I have been working with this all night my 68U will no longer obtain a IPv6 address no matter what firmware I flash on to it. Strange thing is it worked fine till I installed 43_0 I am in no way blaming the firmware but I can say this I hooked up my N66U and flashed 43_0 and it workers perfect instant IPv6 working great. Then I went back to the 68U and nothing no matter what I do it will not get v6. Back to N66 and all is perfect. I know strange indeed but this is what happened here maybe something has gone wonky with the 68U I don't know.

I began having trouble pulling an ipv6 address from Comcast when the patch was implemented to resolve the neighbor table overflow errors. Usually a few reboots solves it. Comcasts ipv6 service does seem to be a little flakey.

I began having trouble pulling an ipv6 address from Comcast when the patch was implemented to resolve the neighbor table overflow errors. Usually a few reboots solves it. Comcasts ipv6 service does seem to be a little flakey.

After the router reboots. I turn the internet connection off for about 10 seconds and turn it back on. That's how I have to get my ipv6 from comcast every time. Try that.

The same here ... USB 3.0 on RT-AC68U, can't mount disks. Back on 42_2 and everything is fine.
The same issue. Resetting to factory defaults didn't help. Cleaning everything on disk and reconnecting back also didn't help.
42.2 works OK without any troubles.

Some additional feature request: Samba sharing cannot understand Unicode names with spaces - folders are displayed correctly, but it is not possible to open the folder. Can it be fixed?

374.43 Per Device Real Time Traffic is Wrong, WAN Index switching does nothing

I have dual WAN with PPPoE as my secondary WAN. The 42 build was overstating speeds and usage by 1000x when using the secondary WAN (LAN1).

I've upgraded to the 43 build and reset all my statistics for usage, since it was way, way off.

However, now when looking at the realtime usage page by device, they show almost nothing, even though I know usage is happening. I suspect there is a similar rate adjustment problem here. Currently, I'm using the main WAN, not PPPoE.

Also, when selecting the different WAN types in the WAN index section, switching the WAN type from WAN to Ethernet LAN would also display the settings (so I could see WAN was Automatic IP and Ethernet LAN was PPPoE, as well as the DNS settings.

Now, it doesn't update when the WAN index is changed.

This release blew up my RT-N66U. Could not access the web interface. Pings to the router's gateway address started timing out or taking 6+ ms instead of the normal "<1ms". I could not restore settings I saved right before upgrading from 374.42. The restore appeared to work, but random settings were restored while others were not. It was too much of a mess, so I did a factory reset which seemed to work. I started re-entering settings - mostly DHCP reservations for my devices and enabling SSH. As soon as I re-created my Guest Network, it blew up again. I again could not access the web interface, nor could I SSH into the router, and pings to the router became delayed or dropped entirely. I turned the router off and back on and managed to get into the web interface just long enough to disable the guest network, and things got right back to normal. There is something very broken with this release and a guest network. Mine was created on the 2.4GHz side. It was the only one. I'm shot from hours working on this, and will pick it up again after some sleep.
Strange. I have RT-N66U and have one main and one guest networks on 2.4GHz; 5Ghz is disabled. Absolutly no issues with with .43 load.

Hello everyone :),

Is it necessary to wipe when going to this build? I'm on 374.42 on my n66u. I have not wiped from my last two firmware upgrades, so that is why I'm asking.

Thanks again.

Not necessary.

Upgraded and can't mount USB disk.
I tried few reboots but hdd is still "unmounted"
I have never had problem like that with older firmwares...

log is here:
Jan 1 01:00:14 hotplug[470]: USB /dev/sda5(ntfs) failed to mount at the first try!
Jan 1 01:00:14 kernel: jnl: disagrees about version of symbol module_layout

Looks like a kernel change is causing issues with the (proprietary and closed source - sigh) NTFS driver.

I will have to recompile the kernel with the original kernel settings most likely.

USB3 hdd does not mount in either port

Here is the log, if it helps
Jun 7 12:28:15 kernel: usb 1-1: new SuperSpeed USB device using xhci_hcd and address 2
Jun 7 12:28:15 kernel: xhci_hcd 0000:00:0b.0: WARN: short transfer on control ep
Jun 7 12:28:15 kernel: xhci_hcd 0000:00:0b.0: WARN: short transfer on control ep
Jun 7 12:28:15 kernel: force burst = 0.
Jun 7 12:28:15 kernel: xhci_hcd 0000:00:0b.0: WARN no SS endpoint bMaxBurst
Jun 7 12:28:15 kernel: scsi2 : usb-storage 1-1:1.0
Jun 7 12:28:16 kernel: scsi 2:0:0:0: Direct-Access Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 214 PQ: 0 ANSI: 0
Jun 7 12:28:16 kernel: sd 2:0:0:0: Attached scsi generic sg0 type 0
Jun 7 12:28:16 kernel: sd 2:0:0:0: [sda] 1953525167 512-byte logical blocks: (1.00 TB/931 GiB)
Jun 7 12:28:16 kernel: xhci_hcd 0000:00:0b.0: WARN: Stalled endpoint
Jun 7 12:28:16 kernel: sd 2:0:0:0: [sda] Write Protect is off
Jun 7 12:28:16 kernel: sd 2:0:0:0: [sda] Assuming drive cache: write through
Jun 7 12:28:16 kernel: sda: sda1
Jun 7 12:28:16 kernel: sd 2:0:0:0: [sda] Attached SCSI disk
Jun 7 12:28:16 hotplug[4146]: USB /dev/sda1(ntfs) failed to mount at the first try!
Jun 7 12:28:16 kernel: jnl: disagrees about version of symbol module_layout
Jun 7 12:28:16 kernel: FAT: utf8 is not a recommended IO charset for FAT filesystems, filesystem will be case sensitive!
Jun 7 12:28:16 kernel: FAT: utf8 is not a recommended IO charset for FAT filesystems, filesystem will be case sensitive!
Jun 7 12:28:16 hotplug[4146]: USB /dev/sda1(ntfs) failed to mount at the first try!

That's what indicates that the NTFS module fails to load. This is probably caused by the deactivation of a debug option in the kernel on the AC56/AC68. Since Paragon's modules are pre-compiled, any kernel level change will be a coin toss as to whether if will break anything or not. I'll re-enable that option, and upload 374.43_2 later on.

For now I pulled these two router's 374.43 release. The MIPS devices are not affected.

couldnt resist the temptation of an updated firmware but time machine failed due to the usb disk mounting issue. reverted all the way back to .40 alpha4 which has been rock solid and the fastest for me. i am not upgrading for a while

A fixed RT-AC68U build has been uploaded as 374.43_2.

I don't have time to build a new RT-AC56U firmware this afternoon, that one will have to wait until tonight.

@RMerlin - thanks for the new firmware - just upgraded from .42 to .43 and now the version number appears as .41

Second reflash now show correct build #

Last edited:
USB3 hdd does not mount in either port

A fixed RT-AC68U build has been uploaded as 374.43_2.

I don't have time to build a new RT-AC56U firmware this afternoon, that one will have to wait until tonight.

You were right. It's working now. Thank you for the extremely quick actoin.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!