What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 376.45 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I upgraded to .45 on my RT-AC66U, and now the N+AC mode no longer appears in the list for 5GHz.

Downgraded to .43, and it re-appears, upgraded from there directly to .45 and it's gone.

Is this a bug or a feature?

No I thought the same thing I left it on Auto for a while and been checking my AC device and it's still says I'm connected to 5Ghz AC mode even if I disconnect and reconnect I'm always connecting to AC mode [emoji4]

It might be the word is missing or it has been merge into Auto setting everything else is working as it should be and seem even faster loading pages

ASUS RT-AC66U F/W: 374.45

Upgraded to 376.45 on my 68U and factory reset the router. Everything works great! Wireless range (at least in terms of bars showing on devices) seems worse, but don't notice any performance differences. Happy camper up in here. Thanks, Merlin! :)

I upgraded to .45 on my RT-AC66U, and now the N+AC mode no longer appears in the list for 5GHz.

Downgraded to .43, and it re-appears, upgraded from there directly to .45 and it's gone.

This was a fix....this is from the change log:

FIXED: 5 GHz N+AC mode was incorrectly setting router to N-only mode (Asus bug, fix backported from 2381, additional fix by me for AC66)

Thanks for the swift reply; I'll wait for your conf file/s once it'd be ready!

:D
Don't wait for me, test yourself. I don't know when I have time.

octopus

Last edited:

That very question was answered just a few posts before your own post. This is normal.

Hi Merlin,

do you have a tutorial for configuring vfstpd and SSL? Is there an option in WebUI?

Thanks

No tutorial and no webui option. I just enabled the option at compile time because it was requested.

Upgraded from .43 to .45. .43 was working without issue. With .45 I'm experiencing Wifi issues. 5GHz keeps cutting out. Especially when dialing into a VPN. Any easy way to troubleshoot or should I downgrade back to .43? (I kept all of my settings the same and did a straight upgrade).

I am using the AC66R and I have been flashing my firmware with each non-beta release of the merlin firmware. I have not been resetting everything to defaults after flashing but I have seen no issues other than this one.

I noticed this issue when I flashed to .44 and it is still present with .45. When I open the traffic monitor page with Internet Explorer 11 (the browser I usually use) it does not properly render the page. Usually I get the Internet/Wired/Wireless table and the rest of the page down but sometimes it renders the entire page, including the drop down menu to browse to other monitor pages. It does not, however, render any of the trends. If I open up the traffic monitor page in Chrome or Firefox it renders just fine. I have deleted the browser cache, history, etc in IE 11 and it did not help. Any suggestions as I normally do everything in IE 11?

I'm still using 3.0.0.4.374.43_0 without any troubles.
If I update to this version is a factory reset recommended or not?

E: Router AC66U

Last edited:
Anybody having problems with the router config UI having trouble loading with Firefox?

Yes, a lot of trouble. Chrome and IE too, and 2 different PCs. Being trying to find time to start a new thread for it. It seems to be getting worse with 44. Now about 2 out of 5 page loads freeze with "Transferring data from 192.168.0.1..." in the lower left hand corner of the screen. The screen will never update until I press F5 (refresh), and then it will paint instantly like the page was already loaded but was stuck getting to the screen.

The stock and latest ASUS code for the RT-N16 does it too.

I do not see these symptoms on any other web pages. Router pages only.

For a variety of intermittent problems and crashes I've gone back to 43 for now.

Bruce.

I'm still using 3.0.0.4.374.43_0 without any troubles.
If I update to this version is a factory reset recommended or not?

E: Router AC66U

You can safe settings in Administration menu and restore it on 45 build. I think (I am actually doing this every time) that Factory Reset is recommended after upgrade/downgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can safe settings in Administration menu and restore it on 45 build. I think (I am actually doing this every time) that Factory Reset is recommended after upgrade/downgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, you can't save settings from one build and upload them to another different build.
That completely takes away the point of erasing the nvram or even switching builds.

Yes, I am sure that the firmware will continue to work but doing that would make the router still think it is using settings from the previous build. It is always recommended to fully erase the nvram after upgrading or switching to any firmware build.

The easiest way to do this would be to hold the WPS button on the left side of the back of the router while you are turning the router on for 10 seconds. I keep it safe and hold it down for 30 seconds when I do this.

Another way to clear the nvram is to use telnet and use the mtd-erase -d nvram command and then use sync && reboot right afterwards. (This is for more advanced users only.)

Last edited:
Wireless range (at least in terms of bars showing on devices) seems worse
Thanks. You just saved me from trying the new version. I will stick with 374.43 as range especially on the 5Ghz band is more important then having the newest features.

Last edited:
Is it possible to downgrade to an older version? Will I have to do a factory re-set/re-do all my settings?

Is it possible to downgrade to an older version? Will I have to do a factory re-set/re-do all my settings?

Yes! Just go ahead and make it a habbit to clear nvram everytime u change the firmware build old or new. It is perfectly fine to switch firmware builds back and forth as much as you like. You just need to clear the settings each time and reset all from scratch.

Thanks. You just saved me from trying the new version. I will stick with 374.43 as range especially on the 5Ghz band is more important then having the newest features.

Yes, the bars show less with the 374.44 and beyond that merlin builds, but the throughput is the same. The bars don't effect anything. Throughput is way more important than signal strength. I wouldn't even worry about that if I were you.

Can anyone point me to a guide for saving all my port forwards, so I can reset and upload them with each firmware upgrade?

Yes, a lot of trouble. Chrome and IE too, and 2 different PCs. Being trying to find time to start a new thread for it. It seems to be getting worse with 44. Now about 2 out of 5 page loads freeze with "Transferring data from 192.168.0.1..." in the lower left hand corner of the screen. The screen will never update until I press F5 (refresh), and then it will paint instantly like the page was already loaded but was stuck getting to the screen.

The stock and latest ASUS code for the RT-N16 does it too.

I do not see these symptoms on any other web pages. Router pages only.

For a variety of intermittent problems and crashes I've gone back to 43 for now.

Bruce.
Yes, this is also what I see on my RT-N16. Pages simply do not load 1/3 of the time on Firefox and I have to refresh over and over to get it back to normal. Very strange.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!