What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 376.45 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Just flashed 376.45 since Merlin has once again fixed the comcast overflow issue and so far it seems to be running good. Thanks Merlin !!

See the changelog. The security fixes brought by the OpenSSL update were the main reason why I pushed this new release so soon. I strongly advise updating. All your settings will remain intact.

So this time around I won't have to do a Factory Reset?

I have the same thoughts as you. I have 376.44 working well, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Yeah, I struggled for days, maybe even a week to get my speed issues fixed (dunno if it even was the router to begin with). Aside from the security updates, nothing compels me to update.

I just updated as well, gotta update my sig too. My HD didnt show the first 2 reboots, rebooted a third time and there is was, works great!

I am able to use my HD but I get these errors in the log. I know this is due to asus. Still wanted to share tho.

Aug 18 11:53:07 kernel: tntfs error (device sda1, pid 668): ntfs_write_inode(): Failed to update a directory index entry of inode 0x3fb2 because the filename was not found in its parent directory index. Directory inode 0x3e65 is corrupt. Run chkdsk.
Aug 18 11:53:07 kernel: tntfs error (device sda1, pid 668): ntfs_write_inode(): Failed to update a directory index entry of inode 0x3fbc because the filename was not found in its parent directory index. Directory inode 0x3fba is corrupt. Run chkdsk.
Aug 18 11:53:07 kernel: tntfs error (device sda1, pid 668): ntfs_write_inode(): Failed to update a directory index entry of inode 0x3fbc because the filename was not found in its parent directory index. Directory inode 0x3fba is corrupt. Run chkdsk.

ran the scan with the router and get failed to get log.

Last edited:
Thank you Merlin,

Have you restored IPSec support in this release for RT-AC66U? I guess you had to remove it by .44? I use IPSec and i'm wondering if i upgrade to .45 then i lose it? Currently i'm very happy with .43

IPSec was only removed from the ARM devices. The RT-AC66U is a MIPS device so it still has IPSec in .44 and .45.

Thanks for making such a great firmware. When I first bought the AC68U, it was a total pain in the butt. My wife was complaining all the time about the wifi going out, etc. She asked questions about why her friends with "less techy" husbands had wifi that worked, but we just paid $200 for some "hot new router" and I had to reboot it all the time :D.

In any case, this thing has been rock solid now for a while. The only thing I'm missing / wanting is the new QoS features in the 87... I'm going to wait and see if they come to the 68, and if not, I'll upgrade eventually... but I learned my lesson! So not yet!

Thank you Merlin,

Have you restored IPSec support in this release for RT-AC66U? I guess you had to remove it by .44? I use IPSec and i'm wondering if i upgrade to .45 then i lose it? Currently i'm very happy with .43

No, and I don't plan on bringing it back either, because the day Asus adds DPI support to those routers, I would have to remove IPSec support again. However the option is still there in the source code if someone wants to compile his own build with IPSEC support enabled.

EDIT: as pointed out, this only applies to the AC56, AC68 and AC87.

Last edited:
So this time around I won't have to do a Factory Reset?

That's correct, unless you were already having wifi-related issues from a previous upgrade.

I just updated as well, gotta update my sig too. My HD didnt show the first 2 reboots, rebooted a third time and there is was, works great!

I am able to use my HD but I get these errors in the log. I know this is due to asus. Still wanted to share tho.

Aug 18 11:53:07 kernel: tntfs error (device sda1, pid 668): ntfs_write_inode(): Failed to update a directory index entry of inode 0x3fb2 because the filename was not found in its parent directory index. Directory inode 0x3e65 is corrupt. Run chkdsk.

Since these are genuine filesystem errors, I strongly recommend plugging the disk to a PC to run a chkdsk on it, since the firmware version of it has issues correcting problems.

Since these are genuine filesystem errors, I strongly recommend plugging the disk to a PC to run a chkdsk on it, since the firmware version of it has issues correcting problems.

Will do, thank you!

i've upgarde from .43 to .45 with mjpg camera, transmissioan and cheerokee server like services but router keeps restart itself after rebooting. than i've format jffs memory with scripts and all gones fine but doesnt have any services from above. Can you tell me where could be the problem?

I skipped 376.44, will update now! Will also do a Factory Reset! Do I do a factory reset and after that let everything boot up and then flash the firmware?

I skipped 376.44, will update now! Will also do a Factory Reset! Do I do a factory reset and after that let everything boot up and then flash the firmware?

No, reset only after the new firmware has been flashed, otherwise you will simply start with the old default settings of the old firmware instead of the new.

Unplug any/all USB devices from the router.

Reboot (use the power button) and wait a couple of minutes after it has booted up.

Flash to the version of firmware you want.

After the update (and the required manual power cycle), wait again for a few minutes (5-10) and then reboot the router via the gui.

After it has booted up again, via the gui, reset to defaults.

After the reset is complete, configure the router again manually. And do only the changes needed to get your network up and running.

At this point, I would reboot the router once more (and it should be stable until the next update you initialize).

i've upgarde from .43 to .45 with mjpg camera, transmissioan and cheerokee server like services but router keeps restart itself after rebooting. than i've format jffs memory with scripts and all gones fine but doesnt have any services from above. Can you tell me where could be the problem?

Your kernel modules probably need to be recompiled due to changes in the kernel options.

Interestingly when I upgraded from .44 to .45 it disabled my 5GHz signal on my AC66U. I tried enabling it by the UI but that did not work. I had to use the "hold reset button and press on trick" for it to come back online. Other than that annoying small hiccup(took two hours to diagnose :eek:) thanks for the awesome firmware.

Interestingly when I upgraded from .44 to .45 it disabled my 5GHz signal on my AC66U. I tried enabling it by the UI but that did not work. I had to use the "hold reset button and press on trick" for it to come back online. Other than that annoying small hiccup(took two hours to diagnose :eek:) thanks for the awesome firmware.

Can you please describe what is that "hold reset button and press on" trick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you please describe what is that "hold reset button and press on" trick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shoot, should have been more clear haha. It's essentially the routers rescue/recovery mode described here. What I did was:
1. Turn off the router with the physical on/off button.
2. Press & hold on to the reset button and turn on the router
3. Hold the reset switch around 10 seconds
4. Let go of the reset switch, and turn off and on the router
5. 5GHz appears again :)

This the second time I've done this but I've not documented it myself so It took two hours of messing and reading on forum posts around the internet to fix it. I wish to know though why this works.:confused:

Last edited:
Any chance for an updated 374.43 codebase, for people who like to localize properly and need optimal WiFi range?
I guess not on the roadmap. :eek:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!